105.3 The Fan Bad Mouthing Unt

MeanGreenEagle1

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I am tired of 105.3 The Fan bad mouthing the Mean Green. They even referred to UNT at North Texas State last week. Nice huh? Shows their really up to date on things. I would like to see our radio shows support all the local D/FW teams. Cowboys, Stars, Rangers, FC Dallas, Mavs etc, but no. It is clearly a Cowboy station which is great, but last week they were bashing UNT and how the football program should be dropped. This morning, they mentioned all the local college team's scores except UNT even after our great win over FAU. I've heard their station bash UNT backwards and forwards since their format change and I've had enough. I will go back to XM or The Ticket. At least I won't have to listen to them trash our school. And if they're not bashing UNT, they bash the STARS. I love my college football and my hockey...it would be nice to see our radio hosts support their local teams. Am I asking too much?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I am tired of 105.3 The Fan bad mouthing the Mean Green. They even referred to UNT at North Texas State last week. Nice huh? Shows their really up to date on things. I would like to see our radio shows support all the local D/FW teams. Cowboys, Stars, Rangers, FC Dallas, Mavs etc, but no. It is clearly a Cowboy station which is great, but last week they were bashing UNT and how the football program should be dropped. This morning, they mentioned all the local college team's scores except UNT even after our great win over FAU. I've heard their station bash UNT backwards and forwards since their format change and I've had enough. I will go back to XM or The Ticket. At least I won't have to listen to them trash our school. And if they're not bashing UNT, they bash the STARS. I love my college football and my hockey...it would be nice to see our radio hosts support their local teams. Am I asking too much?

A- Why in the hell do you listen to that God-awful station.

B- Radio hosts are not paid to wear pom-poms. It's an opinion driven medium. Wish people could get their arms around that a little more.

C- That station really blows, hopefully the new PD will clean some house.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Prediction: After all these DFW sports media types visit our new Mean Green Stadium and get all the free horse ovaries, I mean, hors dourves, along with the free booze bar, they will all collectively change their minds about:

The University of North Texas!

PS: Little do they know how our very large UNT constituency (most of whom have radios) could help them in the quarterly DFW radio ratings wars, but lets let them figure that part out for themselves. I do enjoy listening to Greg'o Williams, though, and in the past he has been very nice conerning our alma mater.

PS II: Hey 105.3 fellas', we are building what would have cost most schools a well over $100,000,00+ football stadium so we can take your advice and drop football??? (Gimmmee' a freakin' break--are they that clueless as to whats going on around them in DFW sports, especially in major college football stadium construction)?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1

Prediction: After all these DFW sports media types visit our new Mean Green Stadium and get all the free horse ovaries, I mean, hors dourves, along with the free booze bar, they will all collectively change their minds about:

The University of North Texas!

PS: Little do they know how our very large UNT constituency (most of whom have radios) could help them in the quarterly DFW radio ratings wars, but lets let them figure that part out for themselves. I do enjoy listening to Greg'o Williams, though, and in the past he has been very nice conerning our alma mater.

PS II: Hey 105.3 fellas', we are building what would have cost most schools a well over $100,000,00+ football stadium so we can take your advice and drop football??? (Gimmmee' a freakin' break--are they that clueless as to whats going on around them in DFW sports, especially in major college stadium construction)?

Free booze bar? :blink:

• Upvote 1

Anybody not listening to The Ticket is wasting their time listening to any other talk radio. As for them bashing UNT....they aren't paid to be blowhards. Who cares if they bash UNT football...last I checked we have won 11 games the last 5+ seasons. Get over it and instead of bashing some no ratings god forsaken radio station, work on improving and upgrading your taste in in sports radio and listen to The Ticket.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1