A Realignment Nightmare:

JayDub

Obviously, the guy has done his homework. I'm not sold yet, but this is very well thought-out. It just seems like a strange approach to save everyone else's skin (the WAC, ULL, TS-SM, UTSA), thinking that this entirely new conference will make us more likely to get a C-USA or better invitation.

And who's to say that we will never get an invite to the Big 12 or whatever they are called today. With 37,000 students and a public university we are a better bet than the small private schools. Maybe someone will see what we have to offer.

this is something I would expect to see on the UTSA board..no offense Bob but this ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

I would like to see the formation of a "New Southwest Conference" with regional rivals. We'll just cherry pick schools from around here that most of us would love to see UNT play (like SMU,TCU,UH,UTEP,Tulsa,Baylor,TWU), and that way we can cut down on travel costs, plus build intrastate rivalries!

Thoughts?

At the same time, I wonder how many games it will take for Dodge to stay around as coach. Anyone have any thoughts on what it will take?

/sarcasm for those not sure of context...

I would like to see the formation of a "New Southwest Conference" with regional rivals. We'll just cherry pick schools from around here that most of us would love to see UNT play (like SMU,TCU,UH,UTEP,Tulsa,Baylor,TWU), and that way we can cut down on travel costs, plus build intrastate rivalries!

Thoughts?

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.