Unt Vs. Rice

UNT_playmaker

Hey hope everyone has a great time at the game, it should be a close game to the end and a must win OOC game for both Texas teams.

Hope to see alot of RICE fans make the trip to Denton as well

Please try not to leave the stadium after halftime, as in years past, we have a great turnout in big games, but when halftime hits, we have a mass exodus especially from the student side.

So stick it out the entire game, it promises to close and exciting for all 4 quarters.

Also any idea what attendance might be this coming Saturday?

25,600+

GO MEAN GREEN ( This video should get yall hyped)

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_o31is7WbNU%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded&h=dddf6

Edited by UNT_playmaker
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

preaching to the choir.

i know it's frustrating but two things will impact 2nd half attendance.

1. weather

2. the first half

it's proven year after year that the students will turn out for game 1 but they're doing so with a "show me something" attitude and they're incredibly impatient. if the first half has the excitement and fireworks that my first game at fouts did ('03 baylor), then they'll be sold.

Keep in mind we have the equivalent of several thousand new season ticket purchasors, ie, the new (I'm sure) record-breaking UNT Freshmen Class of Fall, 2010. Uusally if we break our all time enrollment for an upcoming Fall (which we just did) that most the time translates to our largest freshmen class ever, too.

27,777............(think "7" team)!

PS: Wonder just how large this new freshmen class is? Has the 12'th day come and gone for our official enrollment? Don't worry, I will not start another thread on that subject.

PS II: Both schools received a lot of hype with decently played games which were both televised on ESPNU last Saturday and of course, since we have to depend on GMG.com threads with the subject of radio talk show hosts helping us get out the crowd at Fouts Field we can all collectively thank Mark Davis of WBAP for doing his part, too. :rolleyes:(just kiddin', shaft, only just kiddin')

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Hey hope everyone has a great time at the game, it should be a close game to the end and a must win OOC game for both Texas teams.

Hope to see alot of RICE fans make the trip to Denton as well

Please try not to leave the stadium after halftime, as in years past, we have a great turnout in big games, but when halftime hits, we have a mass exodus especially from the student side.

So stick it out the entire game, it promises to close and exciting for all 4 quarters.

Also any idea what attendance might be this coming Saturday?

25,600+

GO MEAN GREEN ( This video should get yall hyped)

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_o31is7WbNU%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded&h=dddf6

I think we will have an announced crowd of around 23K, assuming weather is good. If not, then we will have to see how much rain we get before or during the game. As for the halftime exodus, unfortunately, this will always be at hand for us because so many of the folks in attendance only stay at the game until the band finishes. I remember going to the WKU game last year where two parents came into the ticket office and said that they wanted the cheapest tickets they could get because they were there to watch the band and were leaving after halftime. I even remember hearing some parents complain at the Tech game at Texas Stadium in 1998 about having to drive all the way to Irving to watch a half a game before the band performed. Its part of having a great music school, I suppose.

Edited by untjim1995

I think we will have an announced crowd of around 23K, assuming weather is good. If not, then we will have to see how much rain we get before or during the game. As for the halftime exodus, unfortunately, this will always be at hand for us because so many of the folks in attendance only stay at the game until the band finishes. I remember going to the WKU game last year where two parents came into the ticket office and said that they wanted the cheapest tickets they could get because they were there to watch the band and were leaving after halftime. I even remember hearing some parents complain at the Tech game at Texas Stadium in 1998 about having to drive all the way to Irving to watch a half a game before the band performed. Its part of having a great music school, I suppose.

Man, I hope that is no longer the case. The band is good, it has been great, but let's hope the "music school" thing is waning as UNT is so very much more than just a great music school these days. But, if one wants to buy tickets, see the band perform and leave, the team just needs to make it worth their while to stay! I think that just might be the case this Saturday!

FILL FOUTS and BEAT RICE! Go Mean Green.

The exodus at halftime occurs when we are already down by 4 touchdowns after 2 quarters... It looked like most people stayed last year when we were competing. The problem with people only coming to see the band? How is that a problem? At least they bought tickets, but I can promise you that is a small minority of people.

The exodus at halftime occurs when we are already down by 4 touchdowns after 2 quarters... It looked like most people stayed last year when we were competing. The problem with people only coming to see the band? How is that a problem? At least they bought tickets, but I can promise you that is a small minority of people.

I don't think its a problem, either, per se, I just think it occurs more often when the team is not competitive or is playing someone (WKU) that very few care about.

This is a huge problem at the h.s. level (go to a Coppell Cowboys game if you want to experience it first-hand), but not much of an issue at NT.

And please try to get to your seats by kickoff, if not for the pre-game show!

why doesnt UNT play more games in the afternoon? like 12pm or 3pm? i think more people would show up if they could get it going on earlier in the day.

Because it SUCKS to be watching a game when its 90-100 degrees out. Thats why towards the end of the season we play afternoon games.