2010 Mean Green Player Adoption Thread

Harry

For those fans who have not participated in the past, I encourage you to jump in and take part. Every season we each pick a player on the North Texas roster and adopt that player here on the board. During the season we keep up with that player and if he has a good game we come back here on the board and sing his praises. Anyway here is a roster link with pictures that will be helpful:

Mean Green Football Roster Link

Just a reminder, this does not have to be a star player it could be a freshman who redshirted and is getting his first chance to play or a guy who has had an off year who you are hoping will develop in 2010. It could also be a coach who you think will make an impact on the team.

My selection this year is.........Jeremi Mathis. I saw enough of this kid last year to say that he could be an impact player. I just like his physical nature and ability. Yes Lance is King but with Mathis getting some looks at H-Back and what he can do on special teams I think he could be a major force this season as yes, just a sophomore. My honorable mentions were, Micah Mosley who is poised to do some good things this year and deep snapper Troy Kokjohn who may have had one of the best offseason conditioning efforts I have seen in some time. I will be pulling for all three but officially the other two are available for adoption!! GMG!

VMQYXAJYZMRVCXZ.20090812161139.jpg

Mathis Bio Link from Official Site

For the second season, I wish to adopt SHAVOD ATKINSON. Shavod did not disapoint me last year...I was proud of his effort. This year, his senior year, will be super for him, the team, and the Mean Green Nation. With Kelvin Jackson at full speed and Shavod not dinged up, our DLine will be much tougher to run against.

Shavod Atkinson will be a force for us and I will be here to support him.

North Texas was a last minute back-up school for me after some other options fell through...I ended up falling in love with the school and Denton and am very thankful for everything UNT has done for me.

In that vain...give me College of San Francisco transfer DE Frank Gaines.

• Upvote 1

I'll take Zachary Olen. Some games this season will be won and lost in the kicking game. (Olen isn't shown on the roster Harry provided...if I missed where he won't be here then Steven Ford is my backup pick)

It doesn't appear that the roster has been updated to include all of the new recruits.

We need to keep this thing rolling.

• 1 month later...