Music For This Year's Fb Intro

UNTFan23

Here we go again, old white guys picking "Hype 'em up" music for a football team full of young people just out of their teens (and predominantly minority I might add). :lol:

I get a laugh out of this every year. :lol: :lol:

Not much in that genre that would be family friendly. Also, it's more for the spectators than the players. If it wasn't, why would Thunderstruck be used? :lol:

So tell me, what are those minorities listening to these days?

I'm not sure, but it's sure to be off-putting, radical, and ultimately dangerous to the moral fiber of America's most precious resource: Our Young Caucasian Women of Fair Virtue.

Don't get me wrong... I tolerate other races and ethnic groups to the absolute minimum extent necessary to avoid seeming narrow-minded or backwards by other people in my social group. I'm not a bigot- I always look around furtively and use a hushed tone/raised eyebrow to indicate that I'm sensitive about the racial joke I'm making.

Still... That music is a subversive plot to corrupt our youth. Be wary, friends!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I say "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley. The song works for two reasons:

1. All North Texas fans who attend games are obviously gluttons for punishment and will never give this team up.

2. Rick rolling the other team will totally throw them off of their game. Have you ever been rick rolled? It sucks. You keep thinking how stupid was I to think that this was actually going to be a Mickey Rooney nip slip, you second guess yourself, you go back through your entire life trying to figure out where things went wrong. Could you try to take down Lance Dunbar with that kind of pressure on your head. I think not.

I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin'. GMG.

• Upvote 2

I still like rage against the machine...sleep now in the fire, bulls on parade or guerilla radio. I really like the idea of having the part from guerilla radio saying "it has to start somehow, it has to start somewhere. What better place than here, what better time than now." These songs are pretty political in nature, but if people can look past the message and just listen to the music...it would be perfect. Its a mesh of rock and hip hop (kinda), so I think it would appeal to most fans.

On a side note, does anyone know if todge or the team have any say in this or at least vito power? I think dodge might not care for some of our suggestions.

• Upvote 3

LongJim wins again.

Prong's "Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck" would be good. Or any number of Godsmack tunes. Hed(PE) might be a bit much.

This would be excellent, though not very family friendly...next thing you know people will want to be able to buy beer at the games too!

"]
  • Upvote 1

Whatever song is chosen......I just hope it's turned up all the way and plays non-stop as loud as possible and We cant talk or hear a damn thang otherwise except for that song.....In fact, I hope it's so loud we cant even order food at the concession stand....and I hope it never changes as is the same damn song over and over !!!!!! Oh wait, we already have that going on......sorry.

Here we go again, old white guys picking "Hype 'em up" music for a football team full of young people just out of their teens (and predominantly minority I might add). :lol:

I get a laugh out of this every year. :lol: :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love most of the songs recommended here......

OK, in honor of the young guys, how about "I'm 18" by Alice Cooper for our intro, and "What's That Smell" by Skynyrd for the opponent's intro? Oh sorry, that's ANCIENT white guy's music. :D