Nt Vs. Ball State

Mad Hatter

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the third time we've done this... what the hell, I'll change it up a bit on this one. NT kicks an extra field goal. I hope our secondary is much improved from last year's version, but I'm thinking the boys in Muncie have watched a little game film. We'll know for sure in two days...

Ball State - 44

North Texas - 17

GMG!!!

I think this is the third time we've done this... what the hell, I'll change it up a bit on this one. NT kicks an extra field goal. I hope our secondary is much improved from last year's version, but I'm thinking the boys in Muncie have watched a little game film. We'll know for sure in two days...

Ball State - 44

North Texas - 17

GMG!!!

I'm sure you're right, but I could only find one other time: http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=421705

That thread got detoured pretty quick, but it looks like Mean Green Nation is a lot more optimistic about the game and season now than we were back in May. Is that because we are far enough removed from last season to forget about it, or is it because the signs are truly there that point to dramatic improvement?

Ball State will put the weight of their offense on RB Miquale Lewis, as RB, and WR, with their pro set offense.

I would not be suprised to see Lewis have 25-30 running attempts in this game.

Ball State has 2 good TE's, and 2 WR's with game experience.

Red shirt freshman, QB Kelly Paige starts. I think Ball State will not become fancy with their offensive game plan, and keep the offense somewhat simple for Paige to manage. There will be pass attempts, but I see passes out to the RB in the flats, and to the TE's in the middle. I do not see alot of deep pass attempts, but more

of the short, safer pass routes. Looks too me, HFC Stan Parrish does not have alot of confidence in Paige.

Second, the Ball State OL has 3 veterans, and 2 red shirts starting at OT. One OG was moved to center, and another 1 yr player moved up to OG. This OL group is starting their first college game together this season.

Ball State believes NT has no depth, and only believes NT has 2 over weight DT's, so Ball State plans on running

the NT out of gas, chasing Lewis all over the field.

Last point, Ball State believes the North Texas game is a "easy win". The MAC experts predict a 5-7 season, with

a 2-6 in conference record. Easy wins over NT, New Hamshire, and Army. Vegas has the red birds as 17.5 point

favorites, and the red bird fans are predicting a easy 2 to 4 TD win over NT.

Keep your hopes alive red birds! North Texas is going to make a statement!

North Texas 37 Ball State 17.

Instead of North Texas making a statement, I'd love for us to just "show up". It seems to me we made plenty of statements last year---"We're Stat day!!" and "We're really, really bad!" were the biggest ones.

Just freaking show up, play hard, and execute....ALL game. No showing up believing we've already lost, or getting our heads down and/or quitting at the first sign of adversity. Show some d@mn pride for ourselves and our university.

Do that and we have a chance...

This is going to be a tough game, no matter how you slice it. Ball State may have a completely different group of oline starters and a new QB, but they will most definitely be carrying with them the "swagger" and confidence they gained from last year. These guys aren't true freshman stepping in who have no idea how to win---they were around last year, playing or not. UNT's 2005 team is the closest comparison to BSU's team this year. We may not have ultimately been very good that year, but the start of the year we still beat MTSU and carried ourselves like winners....we played hard in every game ---eventually losing our conference win streak in a close game to Troy. After that, some cracks in our confidence started to show---but ONLY after we lost a few. BSU is going to come in to this game with a lot of confidence and a lot to prove. We are going to get a VERY good effort from them. Anybody who thinks they will take us lightly is crazy.

We are still too young, but we'll give them a good game. In the end, I think their moxy carries them to a close win.

Instead of North Texas making a statement, I'd love for us to just "show up". It seems to me we made plenty of statements last year---"We're Stat day!!" and "We're really, really bad!" were the biggest ones.

Just freaking show up, play hard, and execute....ALL game. No showing up believing we've already lost, or getting our heads down and/or quitting at the first sign of adversity. Show some d@mn pride for ourselves and our university.

Do that and we have a chance...

This is going to be a tough game, no matter how you slice it. Ball State may have a completely different group of oline starters and a new QB, but they will most definitely be carrying with them the "swagger" and confidence they gained from last year. These guys aren't true freshman stepping in who have no idea how to win---they were around last year, playing or not. UNT's 2005 team is the closest comparison to BSU's team this year. We may not have ultimately been very good that year, but the start of the year we still beat MTSU and carried ourselves like winners....we played hard in every game ---eventually losing our conference win streak in a close game to Troy. After that, some cracks in our confidence started to show---but ONLY after we lost a few. BSU is going to come in to this game with a lot of confidence and a lot to prove. We are going to get a VERY good effort from them. Anybody who thinks they will take us lightly is crazy.

We are still too young, but we'll give them a good game. In the end, I think their moxy carries them to a close win.

I'll take experienced OL and running game with inexperienced QB an expert in the system over inexperienced OL, inexperienced starting QB and experienced running game any day of the week.

NT 27

Ball State 17

For Once in my life I am taking the green glasses off and putting the Kool-Aid down. I go into each season dreaming of big upsets and the "if everything goes our way" scenarios. I can't do it this year. I just don't have the will to get gut-punched again. I will take the realistic approach. Ball State is coming off a 12-2 bowl season in which they were a top 25 team. Although they lost a great deal of their talent along the line and at QB, they are still a good football team. They are at home and are jacked up to show that the prognosticators are wrong about their 2009 team. Although I think our defense is improved this year with the experience factor and JC additions, let's not forget that the "improvement" is to a defense that was at the very bottom of college football the last two years. Our offense lost the top two receivers and is starting a RS freshman quarterback in Rodge. Don't get me started on the special teams coverage units and where BSU may be starting their drives. I really think we will be an improved team this year and could win 4 - 5 games if things go right(see I did it again) I just don't think we have the ammo to beat BSU at home.

BSU 41

NT 14

GMG!!!

Beat Balls!!!