Cant Wait For The Qb Battle !

saysojoe

The spring and fall should be fun to watch.

Yes I know many on here believe Riley is the man and I"m cool with that.

I just like the fact we will have some good competition going on at the postion....should be fun to keep up with. Competition between the 5 can only make them all better and ready to play some D1 ball.

My pick is Baine to rise and surprise many.

Who's your pick to give Riley some competition?

APRIL 4th

I will be there.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just like the fact we will have some good competition going on at the postion....should be fun to keep up with. Competition between the 5 can only make them all better and ready to play some D1 ball.

APRIL 4th

I will be there.

How can we assume that Riley will have real competition? I mean really?

Woohoo! Here are some other things I can't wait for:

2009 Lions season tickets

To see if Tom Cruise kills Hitler in Valkyrie

Dallas Mavericks Second Round Playoff Games

The CW's encore broadcast of the last game at Texas Stadium

Brett Favre's retirement press conference

APRIL 4th

I will be there.

I pick Tune to make some noise now that he is legitimately in the discussion.

I think Riley will start the season, have no idea who will finish it.

I watched Riley play a few games at SLC. There is a reason he was the number three QB in the state. If we even get half of what that kid can do in the pocket, we'll be fine. His knowledge of the offense, quick reads, and good foot speed when the pocket collapses make him the best option for us. The only real question is durability. I have faith in Riley. Honestly, can this team get any worse than last year? The kid deserves a chance to make a difference. Emmitt and I watched him play the best HS team Florida had to offer, and Riley played very well. (Okay, yes... he also got knocked out of that game?) Remember there is a risk with ANY QB. I'll put my faith in #11.

GMG!!!

There will be no battle. Dodge starts Dodge. TD himself called his son in the NY Times the second best QB he has coached and seen.

The annointed one is what Dodge wanted all along. The only reason he might play nathan tune is to give his son an opportunity to look even better and for tune to take the pounding in games one and two.

Why does it seem that so many on this board have some sort of "thing" against Riley? Good gosh, the kid has done NOTHING to deserve your negative comments, and has shown himself to be a very good HS QB with excellent potential at the college level. Sort of like every recruit that UNT picks up on signing day this week. Yes, some have proven themselves at the Juco level too. Is it some sort of problem with folks that we have a very highly rated QB on the team looking to compete for the starting job in the spring, or is it that his Dad happens to be the head coach? WHO CARES? The season will unfold as it does, and the fans will see some improved play this season. The QB position may or may not be one of the "improved" positions as that remains to be seen, but NO ONE knows at this point. I think our coaching staff would have a pretty darn good idea after spring and fall practices who they will start.

Baine, Tune, Riley, etc....my very best wishes to all the UNT QB's. May all the QB's have great practices and may they all stay healthy. I am thankful to have them all at UNT and will cheer for whichever one is playing at the time. GO MEAN GREEN....

Why does it seem that so many on this board have some sort of "thing" against Riley? Good gosh, the kid has done NOTHING to deserve your negative comments, and has shown himself to be a very good HS QB with excellent potential at the college level. Sort of like every recruit that UNT picks up on signing day this week. Yes, some have proven themselves at the Juco level too. Is it some sort of problem with folks that we have a very highly rated QB on the team looking to compete for the starting job in the spring, or is it that his Dad happens to be the head coach? WHO CARES? The season will unfold as it does, and the fans will see some improved play this season. The QB position may or may not be one of the "improved" positions as that remains to be seen, but NO ONE knows at this point. I think our coaching staff would have a pretty darn good idea after spring and fall practices who they will start.

Baine, Tune, Riley, etc....my very best wishes to all the UNT QB's. May all the QB's have great practices and may they all stay healthy. I am thankful to have them all at UNT and will cheer for whichever one is playing at the time. GO MEAN GREEN....

Agreed sir.

Also, that entire first paragraph proves once in for all you are doing a genius bit with some of your posts with the .... and the " ". Hats off to you.

The biggest thing for the QB's this season will be Dodge going to TE's. Max blitz protection will now be a must with a QB that is suspect in taking big hits.

That is a very smart move by TD. TE's will give our offense so much more protection and versatility. Its about time.

I see our offense being more diversified, similar to Missouri's spread. If Daniel's doesn't make the NFL, he will join TD's staff. That would be a great thing for Dodge and Ford.

The biggest thing for the QB's this season will be Dodge going to TE's. Max blitz protection will now be a must with a QB that is suspect in taking big hits.

That is a very smart move by TD. TE's will give our offense so much more protection and versatility. Its about time.

I see our offense being more diversified, similar to Missouri's spread. If Daniel's doesn't make the NFL, he will join TD's staff. That would be a great thing for Dodge and Ford.

Chase'll be standing on someone's sideline at minimum - hat turned backward, holding a clipboard. And, making the king's mint for doing so. Not a bad way to make a living in your 20s.

I know we saw it some late last year, but I worry TD has hit his "reset" "button" and might try the ol' football system he swore by for 1.5 seasons. New season and all, you never know?

Hopefully my skepticism is wrong and he comes full bore with the TE package.

Chase'll be standing on someone's sideline at minimum - hat turned backward, holding a clipboard. And, making the king's mint for doing so. Not a bad way to make a living in your 20s.

He's not doing agent interviews and going on visits to prepare for a UNT GA job.

There will be no battle. Dodge starts Dodge. TD himself called his son in the NY Times the second best QB he has coached and seen.

The annointed one is what Dodge wanted all along. The only reason he might play nathan tune is to give his son an opportunity to look even better and for tune to take the pounding in games one and two.

Agree with Kram....this kind of attitude (ie--"Annointed one") is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen on this board.....and I'm bringing 10+ years of following this site with me.

Riley Dodge is the highest rated recruit we've had at UNT in 30 years!...and some on this board are rooting for him to fail?! Just..........mind-blowing.

I'll throw my pick in for Riley. I saw him play in HS a few games (after he verbally committed to UNT) and was extremely excited about him coming to UNT. He is a very talented(running ability + accuracy that we have not seen at UNT) player that brings an unquestionable work ethic and desire to win. After him, I'd like to see someone that is also a legit dual threat....Baine sounds like he is, but I've never seen him play. Troy made their spread work a few years with Hougabouk---a kid whose arm wasn't as polished as you'd expect from a spread QB, but he was such a threat to run that it opened things up for them (ala Vince Young, Colt McCoy, etc). I think this offense needs that type of player at QB to really start having sustained success.

Edited by TIgreen01

Agree with Kram....this kind of attitude (ie--"Annointed one") is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen on this board.....and I'm bringing 10+ years of following this site with me.

Riley Dodge is the highest rated recruit we've had at UNT in 30 years!...and some on this board are rooting for him to fail?! Just..........mind-blowing.

I'll throw my pick in for Riley. I saw him play in HS a few games (after he verbally committed to UNT) and was extremely excited about him coming to UNT. He is a very talented player that brings an unquestionable work ethic and desire to win. After him, I'd like to see someone that is also a legit dual threat....Baine sounds like he is, but I've never seen him play. Troy made their spread work a few years with Hougabouk---a kid whose arm wasn't as polished as you'd expect from a spread QB, but he was such a threat to run that it opened things up for them (ala Vince Young, Colt McCoy, etc). I think this offense needs that type of player at QB to really start having sustained success.

I agree....I do not understand why Riley at times gets bashed on this board. What has he done wrong at UNT in the three games he played in as a true freshman other than his father is hated by some on this board? He did not get to be a Class 5A Player of the Year in the nations best high school football state for mediocre ability. Fans should be happy that he is on this team. I saw him play in the high school playoffs at Texas Stadium and on TV maybe six or seven times. All I saw was a skilled QB who will always know TD's offense better than any QB that will ever be recruited. Sure he is small but I also saw how often he bounced off would be tacklers and kept running.

If Nathan Tune does beat out Riley for the starting job then I am also confident in his abilities because he has two full years of learning TD's system and he came from an equally successful high school program.

Go Mean Green!

My money's on Riley. Let's be real here, it's obvious it's his job to lose, and it he would have to make a mountain of mistakes to be "dethroned". With that said, I'm very excited to see what he can bring to the table. He's a legitimate 3-star talent, IMO. I sincerely hope that if or when TD gets canned, Riley will stay on as NT's starting QB.