Fau's Schnelly Is At It Again

GMoney

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ut better watch out. FAU is better than Arkansas State, and that opener was a close call last year. I hope FAU gets it done.

I was actually thinking about that when this first hit. Again, I tend to favor teams from Texas, but the thought that this could happen kicks more ass than Major Applewhite's cockiness. I hope they underestimate them. That reminds me of Mack Brown's "we're not worried about TCU" remarks from last year...which made me thrilled at the halftime score (and not so much afterwards).

And if I recall correctly, wasn't Dickey always against the "money games"? I think that may be the point of the statements as per the point made about his sarcasm.

ut better watch out. FAU is better than Arkansas State, and that opener was a close call last year. I hope FAU gets it done.

FAU only beat ASU by 3 at FAU last year with Leonard and Arnold hurt.

If he saw the ASU-Texas film he saw Texas with 1st and goal at the four try to run the ball four times and not find the end zone. A team like Texas should never not be able to easily gain four on the ground against much of anybody in that situation.

The only problem is FAU doesn't play "smashmouth" football. They wing it around like we do. Again, the man played before facemasks...there's bound to be some damage up there.

I like to think he, Paterno, and Bowden get together for some secret old coaches society meeting, throwing down 1800's and giggling about how trendy the spread is. And Schnelly takes that extra shot a little quicker, hoping that his ol' pals never bother to really see what he's doing with the FAU offense.

Really? And just how well would their third teamers have done against Ark State last season? Better than the first teamers I would hope.

Ark St gave a good game against UT last year, I give them credit. In my opinion the truth is that if they wanted too, they could have blew them out of the door by the first half. I truly dont think the players give a crap about the game and are not truly focused as they probably should be. Most of the time its a route anyways but I personally think even the close games...they probably went in way too conceded just like Michigan and Texas did last year. The fact remains that Schnelly is an idiot to the fullest. FAU will get trashed...mark it.

Ark St gave a good game against UT last year, I give them credit. In my opinion the truth is that if they wanted too, they could have blew them out of the door by the first half. I truly dont think the players give a crap about the game and are not truly focused as they probably should be. Most of the time its a route anyways but I personally think even the close games...they probably went in way too conceded just like Michigan and Texas did last year. The fact remains that Schnelly is an idiot to the fullest. FAU will get trashed...mark it.

Let me see if I follow your logic...

UT could have "blew them out the door by the first half" but chose not to?

Then, when they realized they were in for a game against a vastly inferior opponent, they decided...for whatever reason...not to come out and display their dominance in the second half?

Makes perfect sense to me. :blink:

You really should invest in some new knee pads.

Then, when they realized they were in for a game against a vastly inferior opponent, they decided...for whatever reason...not to come out and display their dominance in the second half?

Orange blood doesn't always keep the brain working well.

Isn't just refreshing to see a coach walking into a game believing his team can win! If the coach doesn't think it can happen how on earth is the team going to even think they have a chance.

I recommend Miracle - the 1980 Olympic Hockey Team - "if we played them 10 times they might win 9, but not this game, not tonight! I am sick and tired of hearing about how good the Soviets (insert longhorns) are, screw'em!"

On the 20 year anniversary of our robbery in Austin my hope is that FAU goes into Memorial Stadium and puts up a great fight! May the horns know they were in a battle with the best of the Belt after that night!

GMG

Go FAU!

By the way does Dodge and Co believe they can walk in and take a bit out of the little apple? This North Texas team can beat KSU! beat the kats!

Isn't just refreshing to see a coach walking into a game believing his team can win! If the coach doesn't think it can happen how on earth is the team going to even think they have a chance.

I recommend Miracle - the 1980 Olympic Hockey Team - "if we played them 10 times they might win 9, but not this game, not tonight! I am sick and tired of hearing about how good the Soviets (insert longhorns) are, screw'em!"

On the 20 year anniversary of our robbery in Austin my hope is that FAU goes into Memorial Stadium and puts up a great fight! May the horns know they were in a battle with the best of the Belt after that night!

GMG

Go FAU!

By the way does Dodge and Co believe they can walk in and take a bit out of the little apple? This North Texas team can beat KSU! beat the kats!

I have never seen a much poorer effort by a team than our last visit to UT. It was obvious that our players just wanted to get back on the bus ASAP. I know these games have the guarantees that are the lifeblood of the program, but do they do more harm than good? I maintain college FB is still a game where emotion can overcome a talent gap at least for a while, but if you are not ready to compete when you tee it up, why be there? Dodge talks of these games as "opportunites". Now is the time to show some fight and competitivness unlike @ OU, ARK, and Troy last year. I was at all three and we were never ever in the hunt from the kick off. My roadies this year will be Rice, ULM, and maybe the Muts. I have seen enough of these$$$$ games, but I hope TD can truly begin to back these up as " opportunities" not blow outs. You do have to admire Schnelly's spunk and many times UT's arrogance can be more of a detriment than anything the opponent brings. That's why they play the game!!

I have never seen a much poorer effort by a team than our last visit to UT. It was obvious that our players just wanted to get back on the bus ASAP. I know these games have the guarantees that are the lifeblood of the program, but do they do more harm than good? I maintain college FB is still a game where emotion can overcome a talent gap at least for a while, but if you are not ready to compete when you tee it up, why be there? Dodge talks of these games as "opportunites". Now is the time to show some fight and competitivness unlike @ OU, ARK, and Troy last year. I was at all three and we were never ever in the hunt from the kick off. My roadies this year will be Rice, ULM, and maybe the Muts. I have seen enough of these$$$$ games, but I hope TD can truly begin to back these up as " opportunities" not blow outs. You do have to admire Schnelly's spunk and many times UT's arrogance can be more of a detriment than anything the opponent brings. That's why they play the game!!

You never heard Hayden Fry say things like "we're just glad to be here" or "I hope that when Dr. B looks up at the score board at the end of the game, she remembers that we are making 500K on this game". I was there when DD made that statement, and wanted to get a refund on my tickets, and go home at that point.

Corky Nelson always had a much shorter stick (20 fewer ships) than any of the D-1 programs that his teams played against, but he was always swinging that stick as hard as he could from start to finish.

I'm wondering why any NT fan would call Shnelly an idiot when we've yet to beat any of his teams.

---I think you can credit that lack of effort to the coaching staff at that time... When the coach doesn't think you can win or even do well it carries over to the players. Fry and many others win just because they think they can and often the other team thinks they can't lose--- and by the time they realize that they are in for a game, the underdog is energized and "getting with the program"and has the favorite on the ropes. No doubt UT was better than Arky State but they came to win and almost did.

--You can bet the Giants at the Super Bowl did not just look at the 17-0 Patroits and think they had no chance. Meanwhile the Brady bunch laughed at some of the predictions that held them to less than 20... guess what ...it happened. As Charlie Water's said, "You gotta believe!".

Never give up..!. wierd things happen.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I would love to drink the same kool aid as you but the reality is that when push comes to shove FAU wont have a chance against Texas....simple. It makes it worse when Schnelly makes idiotic comments and then backtracks saying he never said them. I hope Texas hangs a hundred on FAU because maybe that will make Schnelly learn not too make douche comments.

I'm wondering why any NT fan would call Shnelly an idiot when we've yet to beat any of his teams.

How is he not an idiot? I am not saying this because its FAU...I dont care of Bob Stoops said that about another team...the fact that any comments like that is idiotic and like I said, its worse when he backtracks. I'm hoping for total Longhorn domination on that idiot.

I would love to drink the same kool aid as you but the reality is that when push comes to shove FAU wont have a chance against Texas....simple. It makes it worse when Schnelly makes idiotic comments and then backtracks saying he never said them. I hope Texas hangs a hundred on FAU because maybe that will make Schnelly learn not too make douche comments.

--Marshall had no chance against Michigan (a top 5 team) last year either....

Who won???

The Giants had no chance against the 17-0 Patriots at the Super Bowl either..

Who won??

Hayden Fry (Odessa native) and North Texas was starting their #3 QB ( from Midland and with a West Texas attitude ) had no chance against ranked Tennesee.

Who won??

UT had little chance against USC that had two Heisman winners in the backfield (Leinart and Bush) that had not lost in over two years..

Who won??

etc. etc. etc. etc.

Who in their right mind would want to move to West Texas which has no water, dust storms, and looks awful (1900).

Who won? (oil discovered) ...LOL...

Never give up... wierd things happen!!

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Just remember that every NT game with UT prior to DD was relatively close. DD best effort was the first time DD faced UT, a 28 point loss which at the time was the most points NT had ever lost to UT by. Could DD's approach have had something to do with that?

Compare and contrast overall record from those years, too. Dickey vs. Nelson, et al isn't the only changing variable. The Texas we played in 1988 went 4-7.

I can understand being confident in your team, and players. And I can understand thinking that you can hang with the big boys. But you do not come out and say that they are a soft team. I didn't see Appalachian State come out before Michigan and say. They are slow, and cant hang with our O. No!! You don't give the big boys bulleting board material!!!!

How is he not an idiot? I am not saying this because its FAU...I dont care of Bob Stoops said that about another team...the fact that any comments like that is idiotic and like I said, its worse when he backtracks. I'm hoping for total Longhorn domination on that idiot.

If he's an idiot, he's an idiot who learned from Bear Bryant and Don Shula, has won a National Championship, a super bowl ring(1972 Dophins), and that has turned 2 dying programs into College football powerhouses(UM and Louisville), and started one from scratch that has won a bowl game faster then any other. He also doesn't say things like he did without a reason. He'll have his team ready to give UT all they can handle.

I love FAU and Troy's in your face attitude - easy to like, easy to dislike - built to win!

Go Owls!

I was living in Hawaii when they marched in from SoFLA and took out mighty Hawaii. The Warriors rarely lose at home especially to a little ole team who had to travel over 3,000 miles just to have the honor to line up against them. They took the field and took out Hawaii on the islands sending the Aloha State fans home in a not so Aloha Spirit mood.

Do the same in Austin to Longhorn fan!

GO FAU! GO BELT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved when Marshall beat Michigan last year. Good stuff.

I also just found out I'm going to this game and hope it lives up to my cricket-infested almost-Arkansas State upset last year.

I have seen Texas play 2 crappy opponents in the last two years (SHSU and ASU) and have been consistently amazed that their defense line cannot push these "dinky" teams off the ball in any form or fashion that reflects their talent. I now they are using very vanilla schemes and stunts, but it always led to a conversation between me and the Mrs. about how its going to be a long season and then a thanksgiving full of laughter and mirth.