Best Place To Get A Good Meal Before/after A Game?

Harry

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard its the urine from drinking Mean Green punch...making it the only perpetually repeating recipie in the world.

Anyone who know me knows I'm obsessed with New York Sub...preferrably the one up on University that never changed its name, but I have no problems with going to the one on Avenue C. I also worked at Hooya for 3-4 years and will definently stop in there on most of my visits back.

Loophole is great...same with Cool Beans' and their chicken sandwhich. Central Grill isn't really my style, but what i have had there has been good, it just wouldn't top my list.

And you cannot go wrong with some El Guapos.

Holy mokes I can only speculate how many times you served me at Hooyas (my roommie moreso) and I had no idea.

I doubt it, but I might even recognize your face? I don't know what you did there, or when...

My vote is Sub Hub or Chicken E.... yummmm, third would be Rudy's... it's awesome, but you have to drive there.

Not sure if anybody remembers....and the food wasn't the BEST; but I always loved the "Varsity Club" across from Cury Hall. The atmosphere is what made it for me. I was able to my son in there and let him write his name on the wall what eating a huge cheese burger. College memoralia all over the place. Not so clean, more college than most places........

You also got to give it up for the Tomato.....Luke Warm Beer and Pizza....nothing better than that!!!!

Without a doubt, the Central Grill burger combo. Best burger in town! Their hamburger bun is awesome too! Very nice folks run the restaurant. Additionally, they have Mean Green jerseys, flags, signed/unsigned pictures (from current and past UNT athletes) and other memorabilia from various UNT sports hanging across the wall and ceiling.

Blashemy!!!!

Denton County Hamburger!

New York Sub on Ave C is the original...well, not really. The original was in Sunset Center off of University Drive years and years ago.

You'll love it more while listening and "watching" the Todd Dodge show there on the tv's throughout the restaurant. ;)

The audio was wired specifically for the show, so that it broadcasts throughout the restaurant and they are working the video feed as we speak

suh-weet! It's my go to spot...walking distance for the win

Blashemy!!!!

Denton County Hamburger!

New York Sub on Ave C is the original...well, not really. The original was in Sunset Center off of University Drive years and years ago.

You wouldn't feel that way after you tried Central Grill. Wings, Catfish, Burgers, Cheesesteaks, Texas Twisters....... And the couple that own it might be the nicest business owners in Denton. If there's ever an away game thats televised, Central Grill's the place to watch it....... Damn, now I'm hungry.

Edited by Green P1

If you're looking for dessert, best place is Beth Marie's on the Square. Going for Butter Brickle after the football and basketball games!

GMG!

Where is Parker Brothers? I love the fried catfish at Prairie House and the blackberry cobbler. When my family lived in Aubrey, I ate there every Sunday night.

Parker Brothers owned Traildust not the Prairie House.

I remember the Charcoal Broiler, it was known for Chicken Fried Steak.

I would recommend that you try Fuzzy Taco (sponsor of the chicken toss at the basketball games) and Rooster's Roadhouse which is next door.

Where is Parker Brothers?

Parker Brothers Trail Dust Restaurant

Gerardo Lopaz

(940) 365-4440

(940) 365-4447 Fax

26501 Hwy 380 E

Aubrey, TX 76227

Our original Trail Dust opened in 1973 featuring great steaks and barn dances every night. Along with our great steaks, we have live music on Friday and Saturday nights. Since 1973, we have been cutting ties and hanging them on our wall collection. Come join the fun at the Trail Dust.

I actually ate at both the Pour House and Central Grill today. Had Central Grill for lunch and then took the girlfriend and her friend to the Pour House so they could have Mojitos. Had the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich at both establishments and although the food was hands down better at Central Grill(not to mention quite a bit cheaper) the Theater Room at Pour House was the perfect place to take in the Rangers game.

If you ask me Central Grill is the place for pregame grub, Pour House is absolutely the place to take a game in.

I miss the Pickup very much as much as I do the State Clubs' chicken fingers. Those were the days.

Where is Central Grill?

Rick

Rick, I believe the Central Grill is the newer (relatively speaking) place next to the Hooya on Ave C. I went there on a couple occasions last season and was very impressed, not only by the food, but by the fact that this new hub has fantastic UNT/Denton memorabilia hanging all over the place....

...coupled with their great service, I can't say a bad word about it. Always great to find a place that embraces all things Denton and wears it on the sleeve.

Central Grill is the best place to go....and is only 2 min from the dorms!.....the food is great, if you have never had one of thier burgers you have to try them just for the homemade buns (best i have ever had) thier wings rock also and they have i think 40Cent wing nights on wed....they have 2 flat screen tv's with sports on 24/7....never been thier during a game but im sure they show all the UNT games....and their is UNT stuff all over the walls....and the dude who owns it....Nicest guy ever and is alwyas thier....he proboly be the one taking the order....god i wish i was in denton this summer instead of arkansas...i want central grill now!

central grill, jalepeno cheese bun is awesome on their burgers

Best place to eat before a game... my tailgating tent. :D

Brats, hot dogs, BBQ chicken, burgers, picnic salads, chips and dip, cold beer and margaritas. We got DirectTV, electric fans, the NT Battle Flag... what more do you need? Well, I suppose the super secret recipe for Mean Green Punch.

UNTflyer makes great Brats. Got some before the SMU game last year.

Thanks again Flyer.