Nt Exes Logo Hat At Lids Grapevine

emmitt01

Just got off the phone with FFRick who says that there is a white hat with the Exes interlocked NT logo in grey outlined in green with a green star in the middle of it. Has the head of "son of worm" logo on the bill and on the back.

Everyone who has wanted this logo (and those who said it would never be produced) on a hat...it's out.

http://www.lids.com/pid/20090036

Edited by emmitt01

Thanks for posting the info E.

I wanted to let everyone know this hat is/was avalable at the Lidz at Grapevine Mills. I've never seen it anywhere else? It's produced by Top Of the World out of Oklahoma City(Thank you Greenstock). It's not my favorite color scheme, but it's the logo I and so many others have asked for going on about 5 years now. Other than the special permission that the NT Club Baseball team recieved 4 years ago to put it on their hats, and it's use on the current lettermen's jackets, it's never been produced and offered to the public since the university forced the Exes to cancel their contract with GreenStock to prevent them from going to production back in '04. After '05 the Exes gave permission to the A.D. department to use it and here it is.

And you know I have to rib a couple of you here on this, but who was it that kept saying that we can simply give up on ever seeing an interlinked "NT" at North Texas?

MeanGreenDork

...Interlocked NT:: Stop yelling about the interlocked letters. It won't happen, it's not what the university is doing, and it's not anywhere in the logo/branding library. They ground teeth about finding a set that they can stick with, they won't add to it now. Personally, everyone does interlocked letters, there's no reason we should. Yeah, it's collegiate, but thats about the only reason I hear about it. It's like when companies starting using polymers for pistol frames and people didn't want them since they weren't metal...guess what, it was new and novel and it worked.....

....It ain't part of the new branding. I've seen everything we have, and I haven't heard of any new additions like that. UNT ain't adding the IL-NT to the logos, and there aren't plans for it that I know about. The "instant recognition" part of the branding scheme is the SoW design. Get over it. Geez. I want SoW on the helmets, but ain't gonna happen...and it's kinda like getting kicked in the pants. If anything, put SOW on the shoulders or something.....

By the way, did anyone take "yyz28" on his offer? The interlinked "NT" isn't on the helmet yet but you never know down the road?

....but I will bet you a year's salary that any logo that is not in the current pallate of "OFFICIAL UNIVERISY OF NORTH TEXAS LOGOS and SPIRIT MARKS" don't make it on any new uniform, and there is no interlocked NT on that pallate....

Don't know about the rest of you but someone elses yearly salary could come in handy around Christmas time? :D

Funny stuff. As for the hat I bought today, they had 4 of these hats when I first got to the mall today and only had 2 just before we left. The kid behind the counter said he didn't expect to have any more after the weekend as they were selling faster(as SilverEagle and I predicted they would 5 years ago) than any of the other NT hats they had in stock.

For so many of you who want to see this logo continued for use it's time to be heard. Go out and buy these hats up, NOW. Let your wallets do the speaking and show those in charge that you know a good looking logo when you see it. Obviously, from my experience today this is already occuring. But everyone else here on GMG.com can help make a difference.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Guest Aquila_Viridis

... and the green on the brim looks like that wretched toothpaste green.

I brush with green toothpaste. I want you to know that it has asked me to lodge a formal protest.

I brush with green toothpaste. I want you to know that it has asked me to lodge a formal protest.

It is and it's certainly not the best color scheme it could be. But it's a start, no, a HUGE start in the right direction. By the way, for some odd reason the green line running down the sides from the top button to the bill is actually Kelly. But the rest is toothpaste?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

The official art slick fom CLC has the NT Exes logo on it, therefore property of UNT. I have never sent a request for the interlocking NT without the Exes underneath, I was told that could not be done. I will today send a design request for a plain Kelly hat with the NT alone and Mean Green on the back perhaps, I'll see what happens. The big companies (one which made that cap) will strictly follow the CLC guidelines, they don't want any problems with their license, therefore UNT knows about it I will check to see if the Exes are aware. Let you know. Todd

The official art slick fom CLC has the NT Exes logo on it, therefore property of UNT. I have never sent a request for the interlocking NT without the Exes underneath, I was told that could not be done. I will today send a design request for a plain Kelly hat with the NT alone and Mean Green on the back perhaps, I'll see what happens. The big companies (one which made that cap) will strictly follow the CLC guidelines, they don't want any problems with their license, therefore UNT knows about it I will check to see if the Exes are aware. Let you know. Todd

Thank you Todd. I'll take one ASAP if you get it done.

Rick

That thing is ugly as sin.

Put that logo on an unstructured "Franchise" hat...then we'll talk.

What gets me about this logo...is that it is the only one that almost everyone can agree on...yet it hasn't been available for use. Stupid.

Edited by JayDub