My thoughts on the Dodge hiring

emmitt01

WHAT TIME IS IT?

Mean Green, Dodge Ball, GAME TIME!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Greates Hire in North Texas Sports History....

Why?

Everyone is talking Mean Green Football

Unparelleled POSITIVE Media Coverage

Season Ticket Windfall

Excitement for Students and Old, Fat, Balding Alumni P1's like ParksAndRecRick

Recruiting everywhere....but, especially DFW!

WILL make Stadium Reality!

WILL win!

And, this list is JUST BEGINNING

DODGE BALL

...the DUCKING begins September 2007

I feel great relief that (finally) our alma mater can now pick up with what we had started (in a higher profile sort of way) of which we dropped the ball for the last 25 plus very, very long years post-1978 season after which that season we lost a pretty decent coach to a Big 10 school. Have been checking our MG football history very close, but my personal research indicates we've not had a UNT HFC get a better job since.

I've checked my NT football media guide several times over and I have yet to discover where we've had such wins that really gained us more than just just Lone Star State recognition than we had as in the Fry era. Those TTech wins were nice but that was nice mostly state-wide and not much further outside our state's boundaries.

I feel great relief that although most of my young to middle age adult years have sped by like a speeding bullet, that we are finally back on track in Mean Green Country. I feel damn good about that matter of fact!

I feel good that GrayEagleOne will this next Fall be celebrating his 60'th year of following Mean Green football and that I will be in the stands helping him (and all of you) celebrate all that, too.

I feel good that our fans and alums seem to be thinking "Big Time" once again! That makes many of us feel good!

I feel good that Coach Dodge (with a much larger UNT constituency as we have today) will be creating many, many new MG fans just as this NT Ex (and others on this board) became during another similar high profile era of Mean Green football.

rolleyes.gif One day, some of you young gun alums will be talking about Todd Dodge the way many of us still talk about Hayden Fry and all of you will then have younger NT students and young gun alums in that future year be pokin' a bit of fun at you for doing that, too. tongue.giflaugh.gif

I feel good that with Todd Dodge we have a head football coach that we (especially us older nestors who were around in the 70's)) will talk about Coach Todd Dodge and Coach Hayden Fry in the same breath one day in the future. That makes me feel real good.

FWIW.................I just feel damn good period!

GO SLC DRAGONS &

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

• 1 year later...