Who was playing QB at your first CFB game?

5 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I got the combo plate of Richard Bridges and Jason Attaway.

I use to live by Richard, he's a great guy. Last I knew, he was QB Coach at WT White in Dallas.

First UNT game in 2005, Matt Phillips/Daniel Meager were at QB. 

I have only been to a handful of non UNT games. One memorable game was the 2006 Independence Bowl. Bobby Reid for Oklahoma State and John Parker Wilson for Alabama. Oklahoma State won the game on a last second FG. Nick Saban took over the program the following month.

• Upvote 1

Texas vs SMU at the Cotton Bowl in 1977.  I was only 6, so only vague memories of Earl Campbell having his jersey ripped off on a run.

Mike Ford for SMU

Randy McEachern for Texas 

edit to add:  First UNT was Scott Davis, but no idea who we were playing.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 1

My earliest memory of an in-person CFB game was at the Sun Bowl.  I remember hearing the name Toraino Singleton at RB.

QB had to be John Rayborn.  If you go to the year prior, it's a QB that does not sound familiar.   I'll roll with Rayborn for the answer to this topic.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/texas-el-paso/1995-roster.html

• Upvote 1

fun topic..

i grew up in an Aggie household, so my first game was Corey Pullig facing off against Kevin McDougal (had to look him up).

First NT game in person was Scott Hall vs FAU

• Upvote 1

First game October 29, 1977 SMU @ Texas A&M. David Walker was the QB for the Aggies and Mike Ford was the QB for the Mustangs. Fun fact, the Mean Green beat SMU that year. 

My first UNT game was in 1983 as a student with Greg Carter at QB against NMSU. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenFlag said:

My first UNT game was in 1983 as a student with Greg Carter at QB against NMSU. 

Underrated and underappreciated QB, IMHO.

52 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

First CFB game would have been Baylor against some nonconference cupcake in the early 2010s.

First UNT game I went to, I got to witness this atrocity in Austin:
image.png.4556c054649332c96a8800a068e3d789.png

I was wondering when I posted mine if that nightmare was going to be someone’s first. That was difficult to watch even for us grizzled UNT vets. Worst quarterbacking performance I have seen at any level of football in the 40 years I’ve been watching it.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

First CFB game would have been Baylor against some nonconference cupcake in the early 2010s.

First UNT game I went to, I got to witness this atrocity in Austin:
image.png.4556c054649332c96a8800a068e3d789.png

If I recall correctly... We had terrible completing passes in the flats... Hard dose of reality after 2013