Noland To New Mexico

What a chump. Go kick rocks and lose on another team. At this point we can boo these traitors and boo the new guys. College sports is simply pathetic. Our “new guys” are pulling the same crap. Shut it down. Nothing to cheer for anymore. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Venson said:

I don't understand the move to New Mexico. That is a lateral move at best.

Players these days like to run away. Keeps Blake away. They aren’t mentality prepared to actually compete. It’s easier to run away and try to get cash than be the best player on the court. That’s this generation. Run away and hide behind others while trying to get petty cash where they can. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

13 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Players these days like to run away. Keeps Blake away. They aren’t mentality prepared to actually compete. It’s easier to run away and try to get cash than be the best player on the court. That’s this generation. Run away and hide behind others while trying to get petty cash where they can. 

A0C50C75-5382-4BC5-9DA4-CBD18891747A.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

11 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

A0C50C75-5382-4BC5-9DA4-CBD18891747A.jpeg

Nothing will change my mind. They rather be like Lebron than Jordan (granted I hate he went to the wizards) and Kobe. This generation always wants theirs. Selfish and yes run away until they find it. Can’t ever grow where they are planted. That’s a fact for many and evidence by college athletics.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

52 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Who are you comparing "Players these day" to? Never before has college players been paid and allowed to transfer each year. Don't know if kids today are any different than at any other time under the same circumstances. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

34 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Nothing will change my mind. They rather be like Lebron than Jordan (granted I hate he went to the wizards) and Kobe. This generation always wants theirs. Selfish and yes run away until they find it. Can’t ever grow where they are planted. That’s a fact for many and evidence by college athletics.

Precisely!!  Why can’t these kids be more like Kobe, who would NEVER try to leave his team…

DB1D2FA5-E206-4723-B6BB-8F81F2F080A1.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Noland wore out his welcome at OU. He found an important role in a good program at North Texas. He really could have been featured next season and made his mark here but chose to leave. Just another hired gun who won’t be remembered anywhere he has been. Can’t imagine he is making much more NIL at New Mexico.

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

I thought his mom’s post on Twitter was kinda strange. They were looking for a place to show “all” his talents. She made a point to put the all in quotes. Makes me wonder what they meant by that because he was poised to be the go-to guy and leader next year. Guess we’ll never know. 

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

50 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I thought his mom’s post on Twitter was kinda strange. They were looking for a place to show “all” his talents. She made a point to put the all in quotes. Makes me wonder what they meant by that because he was poised to be the go-to guy and leader next year. Guess we’ll never know. 

Yeah, thought that was pretty cryptic. Not sure what happened behind the scenes.  I thought he would be a cornerstone piece for next year. Oh well, time to move on

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UNT Family Man said:

Strange— but at a more historic program, better perceived conference and I would think slightly better NIL. 

In a crappy state at a university that is known for?  Have no idea what he wants, or Edwards,  but thanks for your one year here. Now bye. Don’t really care if you fail or succeed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

So, is he going to play on the football team there or is she talking about the opportunity to major in basket weaving? 

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

In a crappy state at a university that is known for?  Have no idea what he wants, or Edwards,  but thanks for your one year here. Now bye. Don’t really care if you fail or succeed. 

They're a good basketball school and have been for some time.  For that matter NMSU has some decent basketball tradition too, even if they had a down year.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

Lived in Albuquerque for many years.  They are the only game in town and the fans show up for the games.  You couldn't get a game for years.  The last five years they were not good and the crowd thinned and tickets were available and attendance was way down.  I sure if they are winning now they are drawing a crowd.  UNM is truly a commuter school.    They have a medical school and an engineering school.  The campus is located in not a great area of town.   Hope he finds happiness there.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

30 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Lived in Albuquerque for many years.  They are the only game in town and the fans show up for the games.  You couldn't get a game for years.  The last five years they were not good and the crowd thinned and tickets were available and attendance was way down.  I sure if they are winning now they are drawing a crowd.  UNM is truly a commuter school.    They have a medical school and an engineering school.  The campus is located in not a great area of town.   Hope he finds happiness there.

He’ll be on the move after this year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Once they move on, we need to as well. Let's focus on the guys that WILL be here not the guys that choose to leave. That is the new college landscape. I don't care about what they do at whatever school they choose to go to. I care about the guys that are here. Again, it is going to be a year-to-year situation with most of these guys. 

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1