Tylor Perry says goodbye

Why the jilted lover syndrome? He was a hired gun for us and a hired gun for KState. KState gave him more money and a bigger stage. Let him go live his life. We should be grateful for what he did here and that he is a UNT graduate but what he did at KState and how he said goodbye there should be no more than a passing interest for us.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Why the jilted lover syndrome? He was a hired gun for us and a hired gun for KState. KState gave him more money and a bigger stage. Let him go live his life. We should be grateful for what he did here and that he is a UNT graduate but what he did at KState and how he said goodbye there should be no more than a passing interest for us.

Hired gun?  Bigger stage?  Did KSU get more coverage this year than we did last year?  I know Big XII, but I don’t recall them being on television much. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

29 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

It's not him. It's the system. 

So, when an opportunity rises to laugh or mock the system I am going to. Perry here is simply collateral damage. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It's not him. It's the system. 

So, when an opportunity rises to laugh or mock the system I am going to. Perry here is simply collateral damage. 

Haha ok I can go along with that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Hired gun?  Bigger stage?  Did KSU get more coverage this year than we did last year?  I know Big XII, but I don’t recall them being on television much. 

KSU was in the Elite 8 last year while we (with Tylor) won the NIT. If you are a college student with one year to play and national championship aspirations, do you stay where you are having just won a NIT title and lost your head coach or do you transfer to a team with a second year coach who went the Elite 8 in year 1?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

KSU was in the Elite 8 last year while we (with Tylor) won the NIT. If you are a college student with one year to play and national championship aspirations, do you stay where you are having just won a NIT title and lost your head coach or do you transfer to a team with a second year coach who went the Elite 8 in year 1?

Which makes it that much funnier...

He left a NIT Championship team and went to a squad you know were all bumpin gums about winning a natty just to get bounced in the first round of the tournament in which he won last year. It's just funny. While he's romanticiszing a round orange ball on X, we're still playing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

17 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Which makes it that much funnier...

He left a NIT Championship team and went to a squad you know were all bumpin gums about winning a natty just to get bounced in the first round of the tournament in which he won last year. It's just funny. While he's romanticiszing a round orange ball on X, we're still playing. 

You think he is heartbroken or feels a little better today? Maybe he is laughing at your puffed up chest from yesterday.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I'd love for every star player to stay at North Texas for the remainder of their college eligibility, but... I also want what's best for our players. If a player receives an extremely lucrative offer to play elsewhere I fully encourage him/her to transfer and accept it. Perry did EVERYTHING he could do for this program while he was here and only left when KSU reportedly offered him a quarter million dollars. That's pretty serious money for most college students.

We just need to build our fan base to the point where we can afford to retain that type of player.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

You think he is heartbroken or feels a little better today? Maybe he is laughing at your puffed up chest from yesterday.

He already showed who he was running tail out of town then ending up in the NIT and losing before UNT. It’s all about me me me….

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2