FAU (3/6/24)

2 minutes ago, NTXDJ said:

Disappointed for Rubin that he didn't have a better final home game, but maybe he'll have better games in the post-season.  That 4th foul called on him looked very ticky-tack to me. 

He has another year if he chooses….

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NTXDJ said:

Disappointed for Rubin that he didn't have a better final home game, but maybe he'll have better games in the post-season.  That 4th foul called on him looked very ticky-tack to me. 

A lot of dumb fouls by our guys, but a lot of them were minimal. Look at the stat sheet, I don't remember a game that had so many starters in foul trouble all year.

• Upvote 1

It’s been such a frustrating year record wise and I know we’ve had injuries too.  But our team is so tough and I’m so proud of these guys.  This is what it’s like to be in a good basketball conference and we just gotta keep goin and growin.  Hope nobody is ready to fall off the wagon.  Apart from still having the conference tournament ahead of us, we can’t do the thing we do sometimes where we give up.  Don’t let go of the rope! 

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

A lot of dumb fouls by our guys, but a lot of them were minimal. Look at the stat sheet, I don't remember a game that had so many starters in foul trouble all year.

Don't forget that loss at Boise State this season when Scott and Jones both fouled out and then we lost at the end.

• Upvote 2

For them to win, they have to capitalize on every opportunity. The guys missed a lot of layups and shots up close. Also saw them force passes to cutters too often which caused turnovers. Glad Buggs stepped up and buried a few 3s. I want him to be more aggressive offensively moving forward. 

We need some guys who can score inside and draw fouls.  We got some calls tonight but those refs sucked and called every little thing, which mostly benefited FAU.  When we’ve played teams that can get to the line and the refs are playing along we’re deficient and struggle to keep pace.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to FAU on the win. They flat beat us. Davis is a great player. They made the winning plays when it counted. Thought our situational basketball down the stretch was suspect, particularly the bad inbounds play. Impressed with FAU’s athletes and their physicality. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

The constant DJ’d music is a whipping as well. 

51 minutes ago, Tonto said:

I don’t mind the music except the macarena needs to be retired forever and forgotten 

The DJ for the women's game is much better.  They will play every type of music at the MBB games other than hiphop to hype the crowd.  

When he played "Phillips Phillips - Home" I about lost it.  Plz no HGTV commercial songs.  We are allowed to be 2024 hype.

• Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

We had our chances. I won't say the refs cost us the game, but at least let me bitch about FAU. Just like the game in Denton last year, FAU needs to weather a run and they start flopping. Goldin is the worst. They are an incredible basketball team and don't need to resort to that garbage. I even yelled at the refs to be ready for it before the game started but apparently they didn't believe me.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt from A700 said:

We had our chances. I won't say the refs cost us the game, but at least let me bitch about FAU. Just like the game in Denton last year, FAU needs to weather a run and they start flopping. Goldin is the worst. They are an incredible basketball team and don't need to resort to that garbage. I even yelled at the refs to be ready for it before the game started but apparently they didn't believe me.

The no call on Noland driving to basket was pathetic 

• Upvote 2