FAU (3/6/24)

Atlantic actually left a margin for error but we had a couple too many bad shot choices and a couple too many missed what should have been easy baskets. Still that is a very challenging opponent and I was proud of the effort. I will be glad when coach May moves on.

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

The constant DJ’d music is a whipping as well. 

Maybe I am getting old but is there really a need for music at every break in play?

4 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

The DJ for the women's game is much better.  They will play every type of music at the MBB games other than hiphop to hype the crowd.  

Have to disagree. The women’s DJ only played only hip-hop, some with questionable lyrics, that most in the crowd aren’t familiar with outside of the college kids. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3

13 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

He has 21 of their forty. We have to find someone to stop him. I’d be tempted to put Scott on him. Then again, he’s one hell of a player. 

Really hurt not having Walker to take on Davis.

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Maybe I am getting old but is there really a need for music at every break in play?

Have to disagree. The women’s DJ only played only hip-hop, some with questionable lyrics, that most in the crowd aren’t familiar with outside of the college kids. 

They did play ABBA at the end of the game 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Not sure if you were being cute with your comment. My mom played ABBA often when she cooked when I was younger. I’m missing home. Thanks for jarring that memory. 

Who doesn't like ABBA? 

• Upvote 1

We had some FAU fans sitting in front of us last night and they actually turned around and told me I needed to chill out because I was cheering our team and yelling at the refs. She said there was no need to get so into the game if I didn't have money on it. Lady, don't come into my house and tell me how to act. 

On a related note, I am so tired of paying for season tickets year after year and ending up with obnoxious visiting fans sitting around us. Just whining, sorry.  

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mrs. Esterhouse said:

We had some FAU fans sitting in front of us last night and they actually turned around and told me I needed to chill out because I was cheering our team and yelling at the refs. She said there was no need to get so into the game if I didn't have money on it. Lady, don't come into my house and tell me how to act. 

On a related note, I am so tired of paying for season tickets year after year and ending up with obnoxious visiting fans sitting around us. Just whining, sorry.  

@BigWillie Remember when that FAU fan in the stands got mad at you at the CUSA tournament? lol 

Edited by Big Z

1 hour ago, Mrs. Esterhouse said:

Thankfully the FAU supporter I sat to next to my season tickets in 123 was cool. #15 for the Owls was his cousin.

On 3/7/2024 at 5:32 PM, Mrs. Esterhouse said:

Should have pointed to the upper deck and told her to go sit there. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Mrs. Esterhouse said:

The whole way home I kept thinking of things I should have said to her. 

Sounds like me leaving bars during my college years. 

• Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1