Was at the game last night

1 minute ago, greenjoe said:

I’m convinced SMwho brought more fans to Denton to watch basketball than they bring to watch football.  

And why did they play in practice uniforms ?

They were trying to rub that stupid "Dallas" theme in our face, which is laughable because they have no fans outside the Park Cities.   The school is not even in Dallas!

I was also surprised the refs let them play with the black unis vs our dark green unis.  There wasn't a lot of contrast between the teams on TV with the poor Pit lighting.

• Upvote 5

54 minutes ago, NT80 said:

They were trying to rub that stupid "Dallas" theme in our face, which is laughable because they have no fans outside the Park Cities.   The school is not even in Dallas!

I was also surprised the refs let them play with the black unis vs our dark green unis.  There wasn't a lot of contrast between the teams on TV with the poor Pit lighting.

They are not technically in Dallas. But when they play football and the TV network pans away with a sky shot.... the skyline is right there in clear sight. The proximity is very close, and they have more right to claim it as their city than anyone else. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 1/27/2024 at 1:38 PM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

They are not technically in Dallas. But when they play football and the TV network pans away with a sky shot.... the skyline is right there in clear sight. The proximity is very close, and they have more right to claim it as their city than anyone else. 

These people would all like a word...and I'm pretty sure they would have each brought more fans to the pit.  

University of North Texas at Dallas - Tuition, Rankings, Majors, Alumni ...

Image result for University of Texas at Dallas Logo

University of Dallas in United States : Reviews & Rankings | Student ...

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

These people would all like a word...and I'm pretty sure they would have each brought more fans to the pit.  

Listen, we get it. We want to rag on SMU. But there are PLENTY of other reasons to do so than nitpicking about where they're physically located. How much closer to Dallas do you want them to be? And what are your arbitrary Dallas boundary lines? 

I guess they're they Arlington Cowboys now...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Jason Howeth said:

Listen, we get it. We want to rag on SMU. But there are PLENTY of other reasons to do so than nitpicking about where they're physically located. How much closer to Dallas do you want them to be? And what are your arbitrary Dallas boundary lines? 

HUGE difference within the comparison you attempt to sarcastically throw out there....people in Dallas actually care about and claim the "Arlington Cowboys" as their own.   

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I think about half the NFL teams actually play in a suburb of the team they represent (because land tends to be cheaper, etc.).  Maybe not that many, but it's a sizable figure and without even thinking hard, six come to mind.  It's not quite the same thing, though I would say SMU has a more of a leg to stand on than schools that don't play D1 sports.

• Upvote 1

On 1/27/2024 at 12:35 PM, greenjoe said:

I’m convinced SMwho brought more fans to Denton to watch basketball than they bring to watch football.  

And why did they play in practice uniforms ?

And with "Dallas" on the front of their jerseys. Do they only wear those when they play UNT, as if to remind everyone their Dallas' team? Or because their ashamed to be associated with Methodists? Pathetic either way.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

HUGE difference within the comparison you attempt to sarcastically throw out there....people in Dallas actually care about and claim the "Arlington Cowboys" as their own.   

But, technically, per your logic, the Cowboys are due a name change. The Arlington Cowboys has a certain ring to it. Could grow on me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

44 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

You missed the point of my retort to your original stance which was backing up:

On 1/27/2024 at 12:41 PM, NT80 said:

..which was wholly geographical. If HP isn't within the radius you would call "Dallas" then you're definitely going to need to change it to the Arlington Cowboys. 

Again, just pick a better reason to talk smack to them. Where they're campus is physically located is lame, dude.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Jason Howeth said:

Here’s another example…

Oklahoma City residents support OU in Norman.  Dallas residents don’t support $mut in Park Cities.  

And not even talking about geography, their whole theme of wearing “Dallas” jerseys is laughable by context of lack of support and fans from Dallas as a whole.  It’s total false advertising on several levels!

Edited by NT80
Context
  • Upvote 2

On 1/27/2024 at 10:41 AM, NT80 said:

They wear Dallas on their football jerseys, too. They also have an alt logo of the Dallas "D." It has nothing to do with us as they wear it in both sports with frequency. 

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 hours ago, Jason Howeth said:

You missed the point of my retort to your original stance which was backing up:

..which was wholly geographical. If HP isn't within the radius you would call "Dallas" then you're definitely going to need to change it to the Arlington Cowboys. 

Again, just pick a better reason to talk smack to them. Where they're campus is physically located is lame, dude.

I never once claimed geography as an argument…only that if they’re going to claim “Dallas”, they should at least be relevant there

Dude

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1