Rogers eligibility?

BigWillie

7 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

If he graduates, he can transfer without sitting.  No idea if he is on schedule to graduate before next season or if he has any interest in transferring.

He graduates this summer. He can transfer if he wants in the last portal window in the spring.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

I’m not worried about any offensive players transferring. Rogers had a great season. I hope he comes back. If he doesn’t or if any other offensive player leaves, there is a line wrapped around DATCU stadium of incoming stud transfers who want to play in this system.
Morris’ offensive system makes ordinary players look great and will make great players into superstars. 
Roster-building is a year-to-year proposition now. We can trust Morris to put an outstanding offense on the field next season. No matter who the pieces end up being.

A smarter move would be to allocate our NIL money on some defensive linemen and linebackers who can tackle. Morris has no track record of acquiring them. 

You should be worried about Maclin and Febechi Nwaiwu hitting the portal

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Why in God's name would Chandler Rogers even think about moving on.....yet again? He is running an offense that made North Texas history. He is playing at a school that is in one of the largest media markets in the nation.  Moving to another school and learning a new system would mean he would have to work twice as hard.....with no guarantees. 

You'd have to be brain damaged or have a HUGE ego to make that kind of move.

Maybe its not apples to apples, but Tylor Perry did and to me its something about the bigger stage and more NIL $$$. That would be the only reason I think he could leave.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Why in God's name would Chandler Rogers even think about moving on.....yet again? He is running an offense that made North Texas history. He is playing at a school that is in one of the largest media markets in the nation.  Moving to another school and learning a new system would mean he would have to work twice as hard.....with no guarantees. 

Money talks. Don’t sleep on SMU. Boatloads of NIL cash, in the same metro market, and now P5 ACC opponents to play against during his last year of eligibility. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

37 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I’m gonna sleep on SMU when it comes to who we might lose Chandler Rogers to. Their QB is only a sophomore.

Well depending on how severe Preston Stone’s leg injury is, SMU could view Chandler as an insurance policy. I’m not a doctor but Stone’s injury looked like a significant left knee injury.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

4 hours ago, p_phelps said:

He graduates this summer. He can transfer if he wants in the last portal window in the spring.

Well that's the worst news I've had today. No way he is here next year with NIL in play.

Maybe drop Caponi and use that 400k to pay Rogers instead?

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Oh gees, the off-season Drama King posts are starting a bit early this year.....😉

I might be a drama king, but be honest with yourself.  If you had an amazing season and a P5 called you up for $200k, would you even blink before saying yes? 

Either we pay or he walks. That's the (unfortunate) reality now. There is no team loyalty anymore, just what the player can get.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Or be offered the big bucks.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

A smarter move would be to allocate our NIL money on some defensive linemen and linebackers who can tackle. Morris has no track record of acquiring them. 

Not sure if this part has anything to do with Roger's next season but I 100% agree with it.  Oh and you left out shedding blockers.  Most of those missed tackles were devastating because they were the last to lay a hand on the runner for over 10 yards.  If you have guys shedding blockers all over the field that doesn't happen so often.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Why? What can I do about it?
I give my budgeted amount of $$$ to the MGSF and the MG Collective and own multiple season tickets to football and men’s basketball. I attend all the games I can. Beyond that, there is nothing I can do. So why worry about it? 

We are going to lose good players to the portal. 100%. Count on it.

The question is: Can Eric Morris replace those players with players that can successfully execute his system? That is why Morris is paid so well and will determine his eventual success or failure. 

Then don't worry about it specifically. Just a turn in phrase, expect one or both to test those waters 

• Upvote 1