Homecoming Uniforms

GMG_Dallas

1 hour ago, DentonLurker said:

Seems like a weird combo of throwback helmet with modern jersey. Missed opportunity for a cool throwback jersey.

7 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Love the throwback logo but the eagle isn't the darkest outline. Will probably be hard to see on TV/from the stands in daylight. 

Agree on both mistakes, but give me MORE of that Badass Eagle!!!!

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, Marty said:

Me likey!

It's cute, but it's generic clip-art, and certainly was never at any time "our logo". Though most commonly used for the Philadelphia Eagles, that same logo was sold to every college, high school, junior high, and elementary that had a bird for a mascot.

Philadelphia Reimagined Alternative Fighting Mascot - Philadelphia Eagles -  Sticker | TeePublic

Vintage College Mascot Logos - Page 12 - Sports Logos ...

Vintage College Mascot Logos - Page 12 - Sports Logos | Mascot design,  Mascot, Sports logo designVintage Eagle Mascot for Emory University - Emory - Sticker | TeePublic

Vintage eagle mascot" Essential T-Shirt for Sale by AsIWonder | Redbubble

Morehead State University Eagles Vintage Logo Mascot" Pin for Sale by  bricelynden | Redbubble

Jefferson City High School Jays Vintage Look Mascot - Missouri - Jefferson  City High School - Magnet | TeePublic

Phillygoat Philadelphia Themed Sweatshirts

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

13 hours ago, ADLER said:

It's cute, but it's generic clip-art, and certainly was never at any time "our logo". Though most commonly used for the Philadelphia Eagles, that same logo was sold to every college, high school, junior high, and elementary that had a bird for a mascot.

Philadelphia Reimagined Alternative Fighting Mascot - Philadelphia Eagles -  Sticker | TeePublic

Vintage College Mascot Logos - Page 12 - Sports Logos | Mascot design,  Mascot, Sports logo designVintage Eagle Mascot for Emory University - Emory - Sticker | TeePublic

Morehead State University Eagles Vintage Logo Mascot" Pin for Sale by  bricelynden | Redbubble

Jefferson City High School Jays Vintage Look Mascot - Missouri - Jefferson  City High School - Magnet | TeePublic

Phillygoat Philadelphia Themed Sweatshirts

This is common for that era.

Screenshot_20231027_122316_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231027_122225_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231027_122146_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 1

Back to NT80”s comment that all NT logos were clip art except the stylized eagle, I was at the unveiling of the current logo and fonts at the Union way back when.  

It was my understanding that we spent lots of money to have those designs made.  I hate to think they aren’t all originals done up for North Texas and only North Texas.  

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1