Calling This Before I Can Say "I Told You So"

rojomojo

I do not understand the confidence many of our fans have going into basketball season. What we accomplished last year was phenomenal, but to expect us to be anywhere near that level of success for this season is a far reach at best. I thought the status of our football team would give insight into how the men's  basketball would perform this season, but apparently not. I am not saying to give up on reaching for the stars, but don't get your hopes up too much

- We've been decimated by graduates and transfer portal action

- Haven't replaced any losses with players that are at least on par with the players we had last season

- While I respect Hodge, he's a new head coach and those can always be unpredictable heading into a new conference

- You're not battling JUST UAB or FAU for conference titles anymore... You are also playing far more established programs such as Wichita State and Memphis 

- UNT struggled last season with consistency and with an injury prone Rubin Jones, and an untrusted shooter with Matthew Stone, it's hard to see how this squad fares against improved competition 

Talk all the trash you want, but I will be coming back to this post in early December given the evidence for or against this post 

Final prediction: UNT finishes in 5th place with about 4 games above .500

Edited by rojomojo
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 10
  • Puking Eagle 1

Hodges took over alot of the team huddles during the season.  I always notice Grant praising him, I think he was setting up to replace him because knew he was going somewhere.   I hope the team is still strong and I will be there for the games.  I think we will be able to compete in the league.  FAU got everyone back and they were in the final four, we played them tough in both games.  Perry is hard to replace but maybe the scoring will spread out among different players who can take up some of the slack.  I dont know if we can win the division but I dont think we be a bottom dweller.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, rojomojo said:

I do not understand the confidence many of our fans have going into basketball season. What we accomplished last year was phenomenal, but to expect us to be anywhere near that level of success for this season is a far reach at best. I thought the status of our football team would give insight into how the men's  basketball would perform this season, but apparently not. I am not saying to give up on reaching for the stars, but don't get your hopes up too much

- Haven't replaced any losses with players that are at least on par with the players we had last season

- While I respect Hodge, he's a new head coach and those can always be unpredictable heading into a new conference

- You're not battling UAB or FAU for conference titles anymore... You are playing far more established programs such as Wichita State and Memphis 

- UNT struggled last season with consistency and with an injury prone Rubin Jones, and an untrusted shooter with Matthew Stone, it's hard to see how this squad fares against improved competition 

Talk all the trash you want, but I will be coming back to this post in early December given the evidence for or against this post 

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 hours ago, rojomojo said:

- You're not battling UAB or FAU for conference titles anymore... You are playing far more established programs such as Wichita State and Memphis 

Don't most people call things ahead of time so that they CAN SAY i told you so?

question, no info

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rojomojo said:

I mean... I did say something very similar in regards to Morris the SECOND he was hired and I seem to be correct about that move so far

Doesn't hit the same when you get wish-washy with other predictions.

On 9/2/2023 at 5:31 PM, rojomojo said:

I predict we go 2-10 this year... That was before this game even started too

On 8/14/2023 at 3:21 PM, rojomojo said:

QB and defense situation looks concerning to me. I think 5 or 6 wins is the most realistic expectation here.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, rojomojo said:

I grew up a life long fan of Kansas basketball. I went to every home basketball game at Allen Fieldhouse until I was 18... I know a good basketball team when I see one

Considering that you HAVEN’T seen this year’s North Texas squad…what’s your point?

• Upvote 3
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 1

On 10/8/2023 at 3:35 PM, rojomojo said:

I grew up a life long fan of Kansas basketball. I went to every home basketball game at Allen Fieldhouse until I was 18... I know a good basketball team when I see one

Cool story.  Glad your parents took you to college basketball when you were in grade school.

Show up to every game and cheer loud.  Bring your fellow students.  Be the change you want to see.  Enjoy college sports as an undergrad, it's a hell of a lot harder to do that win or lose once you're graduated and the real world is pulling you a 100 different ways.

• Eye Roll 1