Exciting Game Despite The Loss

BillySee58

14 minutes ago, Ross Hodgeson said:

You have a point.  The offense looks great.  The big mistake was moving to a 3-3-5 without the right personnel.  That's my opinion.

Is that a mistake or just an unfortunate by product of a coaching hire? When you start a new coaching regime, you don’t hire the DC who will best fit the roster you’re inheriting. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

A lot of lead changes and man did Rogers look great. Am I the only one who enjoyed the football game outside of the result? La Tech game should be similarly competitive. I’m thinking we rattle off the next 4.

Welp, I was not impressed with Rogers in the spring scrimmages, but obviously he's one of those "game day" players. And that's what really counts. 

• Upvote 5
  • RV 1

32 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

A lot of lead changes and man did Rogers look great. Am I the only one who enjoyed the football game outside of the result? La Tech game should be similarly competitive. I’m thinking we rattle off the next 4.

I want what your drinkin/smokin....I gave up the Green Kool Aid after Cali and stated on several threads FIU was being over looked.

So LaTech beat FIU...this team will find LaTech better than anticipated...if this one goes south ....ACU will be a possible breaking point. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

No. More fluff. I anticipated Cal, UTSA, Tulane, FAU, UAB to be exciting games. I expected a W here with minimal excitement. 

At the end of the day, I think we’d all agree we’d rather see our team lose in an incredibly entertaining game than win in boring fashion. It’s sports. Just entertainment that has no bearing on our actual lives. When we sit down to watch sports we want entertainment value and all the lead changes provided just that.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 2
  • RV 2
  • Confused 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

At the end of the day, I think we’d all agree we’d rather see our team lose in an incredibly entertaining game than win in boring fashion. It’s sports. Just entertainment that has no bearing on our actual lives. When we sit down to watch sports we want entertainment value and all the lead changes provided just that.

Ok. You’re doing bits. Didn’t read that in your original post. My bad! 😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

You bring up something I've never considered in all my years....makes me wonder if we should find a league to join that doesn't keep score.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Naw. I'm good. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

As bad as the game was, UNT still had a chance to win. Rogers looked pretty good. The defense seemed to make some sort of adjustments in the 2nd half. 

If the game is ugly, I’d rather us win. I’d rather a boring win, too.  The entertaining loss can happen, but last night wasn’t one of them for me. 

2nd half adjustments? They let them drop 30 in the 2nd half. 

• Sad 1

Hey, as long as the game was good, and it was enjoyable, Thats all that matters.  Let's also make sure everyone gets playing time because they all work so hard during practice, and their parents are at the game.  

The score doesn't matter.  Everyone is a winner in the end....

• Haha 4
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

23 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Agreed!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1

27 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

spongebob squarepants bullshit GIF

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

This is 100% the definition of rolling a turd in glitter and calling it neat.

No. Just, no. This game had little to no positive takeaways. It was bad football start to finish.

I watched every second. I'll watch every second next week and cheer my team. But there is no amount of sugar coating that can wash off that taste

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1