Exciting Game Despite The Loss

BillySee58

12 minutes ago, Venson said:

Yeah it does suck. Then the HC made a bad choice.

Someone said earlier, you don't hire based on your current roster.

I think I agree with that.  We hired someone to take us to the next level, beyond the ceiling that SL hit.  And when you hire a guy, you're saying, "we're going to do this your way, because we believe you're the guy to do it."

But, yeah, the drop off in this case is maddening.  Still not convinced it means it was the wrong HC hire.  I would say that if this was the other way around: 2 wins to this point and I wouldn't feel 100% safe saying it was the right hire.  2 games just isn't enough for the HC.

But, the DC? make a change.

14 minutes ago, greenminer said:

But, the DC? make a change.

That's what I am talking about. The DC hire not the HC. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was saying hiring the DC was a bad hire by the HC. Then the DC brings in Coach Gary for D Line and his experience is a year as an assistant at North Crowley High School (which is not exactly a powerhouse HS football program) and he has 2 years as a GA. Then he hires Coach Kratch for LBs and his only experience is 5 years as a GA and 5 years as assistant director of player personal. There must be a reason that no one has offered him a coaching job after 10 years yet, we give him his first and it's at this level. I never liked this hire and hope he works out, but this is bad.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Ah yes, Jennifer Lawrence. Whose breakout role was Katniss Everdeen. Wait a second, Katniss. Sort of like the famous softball pitcher Cat Osterman. Who played in college for…… wait a second. I see your coded Longhorn messaging here. Starting to wonder if the “we’re back” and “bring on the SEC” may have flooded your timeline because you put it there!

Edited by BillySee58
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

At the end of the day, I think we’d all agree we’d rather see our team lose in an incredibly entertaining game than win in boring fashion. It’s sports. Just entertainment that has no bearing on our actual lives. When we sit down to watch sports we want entertainment value and all the lead changes provided just that.

I don't know, man. The Cowboys being up 33-0 on the Giants, a division rival, is pretty fun.