fiu game

ADLER

I am not 100% against the black jerseys at home once a season MAX.  Maybe the game right before Halloween if we at home within 5 days before.  From a branding recognition standpoint it absolutely STUPID to wear predominantly black when it’s not one of your primary colors when you are on the road.  I might be wrong so can a marketing major speak on this?  Because to this laymen it seems so bad 'stupid' is an understatement.

• Upvote 7

Alternate color unis ONCE a year for any sport besides Geen and White. Across the sports, we cluster F the advantage of marketing the "Mean Green" name (For example on St Patrick's Day the softball team's game was on TV and the introduction was "Where else would you want to be today other than the home of the Mean Green." We run out in freaking black on this of all days. And yes, I know there will be "the players like it", but when you are historically bad branding and being able to promote alumni interest, maybe you would get the hint what you have been doing has failed.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 5
  • Pissed 1

IMHO, we have no identity. We can't decide on any one uniform. Go to a classic design and stick with it. Icy whites on the road (with an occasional green pants) and throw back worm unis on homecoming.  Ok, black on Halloween, but that's it. Let's form an identity that's recognizable and stick with it.

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

IMHO, we have no identity. We can't decide on any one uniform. Go to a classic design and stick with it. Icy whites on the road (with an occasional green pants) and throw back worm unis on homecoming.  Ok, black on Halloween, but that's it. Let's form an identity that's recognizable and stick with it.

Would that include a diving bat on the helmet? Now that would be pretty cool.....😎

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

For example on St Patrick's Day the softball team's game was on TV and the introduction was "Where else would you want to be today other than the home of the Mean Green." We run out in freaking black on this of all days. And

Wow that is even worse.  Dare I say that should be someone's first strike in their HR evaluation file.  I hate to fire anyone but sometimes a person his too dumb to hang on to.  This is so dumb that if the person was in charge of something that affected compliance if could lose scholarships for you and get you a post season band.  Who knows what dumb crap they other dumb stuff they would do  if "players liked and requested it".

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

I am not 100% against the black jerseys at home once a season MAX.  Maybe the game right before Halloween if we at home within 5 days before.  From a branding recognition standpoint it absolutely STUPID to wear predominantly black when it’s not one of your primary colors when you are on the road.  I might be wrong so can a marketing major speak on this?  Because to this laymen it seems so bad 'stupid' is an understatement.

I agree. Once a year at home, maybe tie in a good game theme with it like "Black Out Cancer." But go all out. Green and black just don't go well together in my mind like blue and black, or red and black do. And black jerseys on white or green pants looks bad to me, too. If we're going to wear black, do both black jerseys and pants.

Then a normal white set and green set. Special set each year for homecoming. Doesn't necessarily have to be flying worm throwbacks. It could be a special city jersey like UH just did powder blue Oiler-type jerseys the other week. Would love to see an homage to Necessary Roughness and do Texas State Armadillos jersey one year. Kathy Ireland with the honary coin toss!

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

I agree. Once a year at home, maybe tie in a good game theme with it like "Black Out Cancer." But go all out. Green and black just don't go well together in my mind like blue and black, or red and black do. And black jerseys on white or green pants looks bad to me, too. If we're going to wear black, do both black jerseys and pants.

Then a normal white set and green set. Special set each year for homecoming. Doesn't necessarily have to be flying worm throwbacks. It could be a special city jersey like UH just did powder blue Oiler-type jerseys the other week. Would love to see an homage to Necessary Roughness and do Texas State Armadillos jersey one year. Kathy Ireland with the honary coin toss!

Exactly!  A stately look that never goes out of style.

UNT Mean Green player in black jersey for 2006 Florida Atlantic game

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 9/10/2023 at 7:25 AM, meangreenlax said:

The black jersey does not work, especially with white pants and the TX outline helmet. It looks like we're a high school that can afford a second set of jerseys, but only one pair of pants.

Agree, it was a poor look uniform set.  The black uniforms and black shoes looked slow and we played slow.   It felt like DD was coaching his last game again.

yeah, i'm not a fan of these uniforms, i don't like the black jerseys in general. 

Add that to trying to watch a game on FIU's field at night, with FIU wearing a god-awful shade of blue and my eyes hurt... 

What is up with their stadium? it seems like they have limited lighting, and the turf is the wrong shade of green.