Eric Morris 8.11.23 Fall Camp Presser

Harry

8 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

The shirt looks awesome I agree.

Yes, I would definitely buy that.

It's nice hearing from Coach Morris. He gave some good updates. I'm sure I missed a few things.

Stone Earle has been playing well. No deadline for announcing a starting QB (different from what he told Smoaky a few weeks ago).

Christian Lee has really bought in and put on extra weight. X is a good blocker, and Josh Smith the Juco TE is still learning the playbook.

The 5 freshman DBs have been playing well and getting reps with the 1s and 2s.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

I thought we were trying to get rid if the North Texas "State" connection? 

No, we are okay honoring our past.  Especially one that, IMO, is really really unique and cool.

What we are trying to do is educate the uninformed in the media/public that think we are still going by that name.

If you're concerned or frustrating that this throwback will only perpetuate that misunderstanding, I totally get it.  My takeaway from this: we need to make these uninformed groups feel pretty guilty (and they should be) about confusing us with a name that is so long-gone, it is on a throwback/vintage line of clothing.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, greenminer said:

No, we are okay honoring our past.  Especially one that, IMO, is really really unique and cool.

What we are trying to do is educate the uninformed in the media/public that think we are still going by that name.

If you're concerned or frustrating that this throwback will only perpetuate that misunderstanding, I totally get it.  My takeaway from this: we need to make these uninformed groups feel pretty guilty (and they should be) about confusing us with a name that is so long-gone, it is on a throwback/vintage line of clothing.

First off:  it’s nice to feel like you didn’t waste your time watching a press conference.

Second:  I need to adopt your perspective @greenminer.  I’m currently in the camp of I want to like the shirt, but I can’t because it says North Texas State (though I did buy a NTSU coozie recently).

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 5

49 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

I had enough of it when I attended North Texas State Teachers College (when I first started in 1948.)  We became North Texas State College in 1950.  I came back to finish (BBA57) after the Korean War.  I believe that it was sometime in the 60s that we became known as North Texas State University.  We became the University of North Texas (I believe) shortly after Hayden Fry left to go to the University of Iowa.  Unless you're more than fifty, you weren't born when we were North Texas State.  It's almost enough to make me accept UNT...which I will.

I never was a true fan of the Flying Worm although my friend, Rick Spears, was the creator and my favorite coach, Hayden Fry, had him design it.  But I do enjoy the good memories of having a throwback year to honor that period of time.  But please, no more North Texas STATE.  

Gray, thanks for your service and years of Mean Green knowledge. I think we should make you the Elder of the GMG board.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2

1 hour ago, NT93 said:

First off:  it’s nice to feel like you didn’t waste your time watching a press conference.

Second:  I need to adopt your perspective @greenminer.  I’m currently in the camp of I want to like the shirt, but I can’t because it says North Texas State (though I did buy a NTSU coozie recently).

There are other things out there, worse things, that I cannot buy because they say UNT on them.

s-l500.jpg

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Pissed 1