Thanks, it’s been fun

On the one hand I can't lie, I would love to have the sheer amount of million dollar donors SMU has 

On the other hand, the absolutely hilarious national desperation effort to get away from us just reeks of the classic "see if we can throw mommy and daddy's money at the problem and see if it sticks" that I've seen way too often growing up in suburban Dallas (and in my community that my username is derived from...)

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

None of them are going to the ACC.  If they had that kind of value, they would have been invited long ago by someone else.

Cal and Stanford aren't going either.  Same song.  If they had that kind of value, they would have been invited to the Big 10 or have been offered a better deal.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

So funny when SMU, a school who's only success in the modern era led to the suspension of their program, thinks every P5 in the country is just clamoring for them to join.

Funny thing. When you say “modern era”. You’re not talking 2000s or 90s or even 80s. We’re talking post WWII  that’s their modern era  

They’ve literally done nothing since the 40s. Pretty amazing actually. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Big XII…not a chance

PAC12…nope

ACC…doesn’t look promising 

But don’t worry, there was always a grander plan at work that will show everyone just how relevant and desirable “Dallas’ team” is

6CAD70CE-C966-4B0C-9D9A-1B2EB9560296.jpeg

Maybe just a crying Jordan.

6 hours ago, GBarksdale said:

I'll be damned.  You're right.  My alma mater.  

Fun fact -- they also have better attendance at their games than SMU.

northwest-isd-student-production-crew-2.jpg

D-SMU-vs-Cincinnati-102420-Bret-Redman-058-1024x683.jpg

That picture is from the covid year, hence the squares on the grass. At least be smart enough to use a picture from when the stadium wasn’t at reduced capacity. Is that too much to ask?

They are about to face the reality that UNT UTSA FAU UAB and Rice are about to start beating them in the major sports 🏈 🏀. Tulane already does, ECU probably will, it’s a sobering internal struggle. Yet they lash out at the conference quality. It’s one of the wildest cases of wtf I’ve ever seen. 

They should go Indy to save the embarrassment to come. They can create their own schedule and whine to the clouds. 

GMG

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Dpony14 said:

That picture is from the covid year, hence the squares on the grass. At least be smart enough to use a picture from when the stadium wasn’t at reduced capacity. Is that too much to ask?

IMG_1151.jpeg.0fd88c8268bfe273c0664b07448c57c4.jpeg

is this one better?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, dodgefan said:

Wasn't talking just about SMU, like I said, Memphis, UTSA and Tulane are currently making it known, they are willing to do whatever possible to get a P5 invite.

As recently as Tuesday night prior to the Mega Millions drawing, I told the Texas Lottery Commission I was willing to do whatever possible to get a winning $1.5B Mega Millions ticket.  I can unfortunately report, they did not look at my email and I did not win the Lottery. 

13 hours ago, GBarksdale said:

D-SMU-vs-Cincinnati-102420-Bret-Redman-058-1024x683.jpg

I've said on GMG at least once in the past that removing the south endzone grass hill for a PAC12 or ACC ready endzone facility will most likely hurt SMU attendance over the next 5 years.  You'll get a few suites that are full at homecoming and maybe one other game a year, and at the same time, you lose all the young families that went and just told their kids, "As long as you're on the grass hill and we can see you, you can do whatever you want."

7 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

On3 says they have "confirmed" that SMU is willing to give up media payments for five years. They have boosters ready to step in and cover the expenses during that period.

Hope those wealthy boosters make it another five years.  Many of SMU's famously generous wealthy boosters are getting up there in their years.  Make sure athletics has them write it into their estates.

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
  • Upvote 1