CFB Stadium Rankings•••(Had No Idea TSU-San Marcos Had Such A Better Venue Than Baylor U & Others In the Big 12•••Did You)?

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to CFB Stadium Rankings•••(Had No Idea TSU-San Marcos Had Such A Better Venue Than Even Others In the Big 12•••Did You)?
3 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Outside of the top 30 who really cares?  And objectively I can see why Bobcat Stadium is ranked far ahead of Apogee.  It has a classic look.  Our wing end zone section looks temporary/high school-ish.  
image.jpeg.64eb2827c81535cdbaabd577a8460101.jpeg

Majority of their seating is in the north endzone, and the south end has no seating from the 8 yard line on.  Poor.

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 2

1 minute ago, NT80 said:

Majority of their seating is in the north endzone, and the south end has no seating from the 8 yard line on.  Poor.

Still from the outside the stadium just looks better.  We don’t have regular seating at on end zone either.  Our stadium is functionally better no doubt but that isn’t what they are judging here.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Outside of the top 30 who really cares?  And objectively I can see why Bobcat Stadium is ranked far ahead of Apogee.  It has a classic look.  Our wing end zone section looks temporary/high school-ish.  
image.jpeg.64eb2827c81535cdbaabd577a8460101.jpeg

If the Wing was rounded off as it should have been from the git-go  & the Student Side had a double deck Apogee would have a whole different (better)  college FB stadium look IMO. 

…but Bobcat Stadium better than Baylor U’s?  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

If the Wing was rounded off as it should have been from the git-go  & the Student Side had a double deck Apogee would have a whole different (better)  college FB stadium look IMO. 

…but Bobcat Stadium better than Baylor U’s?  

53 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Still from the outside the stadium just looks better.  We don’t have regular seating at on end zone either.  Our stadium is functionally better no doubt but that isn’t what they are judging here.

When Apogee is almost full there’s no better looking stadium in the G5.  
Its acoustics double the noise of those in attendance.  I remember UH Coogs Coach Kevin Sumlin having to call 2 crowd noise timeouts. 

IMG_8358.jpeg.f0f506d875a368a62c931e98e07f146f.jpegIMG_6456.gif.f4198276650f0d3f21cbee6db13f8540.gifIMG_2867.jpeg.0069d5ad1cf9f96ceca332c21d43c55c.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

We had one chance and in my humble opinion we blew it. I remember being overjoyed when I first heard the news we were finally getting a new stadium. Then I saw the drawings. No way!! Certainly there has been a terrible mistake. Someone tell me this is a bad joke. What the hell is that gaudy, tasteless  looking endzone structure. Why!!! 
Why can’t we just be normal!! Why the freaking hideous looking gimmick? Why couldn’t we just make a bowl? Or leave that end zone open and put a real upper deck with concessions on the student side? Only at North Texas. 

We deserve the stadium ranking we received. Even the elevation is plain and boring. In fact it looks like a 1960’s office building. 
Thank you RV. 

note: yes it is better than Fouts. 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 8
  • RV 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 3

4 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

We had one chance and in my humble opinion we blew it. I remember being overjoyed when I first heard the news we were finally getting a new stadium. Then I saw the drawings. No way!! Certainly there has been a terrible mistake. Someone tell me this is a bad joke. What the hell is that gaudy, tasteless  looking endzone structure. Why!!! 
Why can’t we just be normal!! Why the freaking hideous looking gimmick? Why couldn’t we just make a bowl? Or leave that end zone open and put a real upper deck with concessions on the student side? Only at North Texas. 

We deserve the stadium ranking we received. Even the elevation is plain and boring. In fact it looks like a 1960’s office building. 
Thank you RV. 

Oh gosh yes it’s better than Fouts!😆 That first significant crowd noise at Apogee vs the UH Coogs we all knew it was a brand new era. 

ADLER & others of you  might agree, but looking at the recent rendering of a future south end zone facility at Apogee you have to wonder if we’re going to go backwards again. God I hope not.

• Upvote 1

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to CFB Stadium Rankings•••(Had No Idea TSU-San Marcos Had Such A Better Venue Than Baylor U & Others In the Big 12•••Did You)?
18 hours ago, RBP79 said:

Maybe if attendance was better the removal of the wing and some renovation (decking as some suggested) would be moved up the priority list..

We struggled with attendance when things were good. We now have an economy that is literally hurting a lot of people. 
It’s going to take some incredible marketing, tremendous effort and possibly divine intervention to put people in the seats in these uncertain times. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

23 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

Thank you RV. 

I still remember the video they used to promote the stadium vote, and how excited I was about how the stadium looked. 

That is what we should have gotten. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

I didn't mine attending games in Fouts.  I was and am much more interested in what NT does in the stadium then nitpicking the stadium.  

All these stadium rating lists are bias, I bet there is not one writer of these articles that has seen half the stadiums in person.  

Most are actually rating something called the game experience and the big time programs with full stadiums should and do dominate.

The best college basketball I have ever seen in person was at the Pit, likewise the best NT football was at Fouts.  I don't think Joe Greene, Steve Ramsey, Booger Kennedy; etc. thought Fouts was a great facility; but somehow it featured  some great games.  

As far as the Wing, why not.  It makes the stadium that used to be called Apogee unique and not like the other hundreds of stadiums with basically the same structure.  Different is obvious not alway good, but NT has a lot better uses for their money than making the stadium more  pleasing to a portion of the fanbase.   A cookiecutter stadium is not going to increase attendance, improve recruiting, or move NT up the athletic food chain. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

41 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I didn't mine attending games in Fouts.  I was and am much more interested in what NT does in the stadium then nitpicking the stadium.  

All these stadium rating lists are bias, I bet there is not one writer of these articles that has seen half the stadiums in person.  

Most are actually rating something called the game experience and the big time programs with full stadiums should and do dominate.

The best college basketball I have ever seen in person was at the Pit, likewise the best NT football was at Fouts.  I don't think Joe Greene, Steve Ramsey, Booger Kennedy; etc. thought Fouts was a great facility; but somehow it featured  some great games.  

As far as the Wing, why not.  It makes the stadium that used to be called Apogee unique and not like the other hundreds of stadiums with basically the same structure.  Different is obvious not alway good, but NT has a lot better uses for their money than making the stadium more  pleasing to a portion of the fanbase.   A cookiecutter stadium is not going to increase attendance, improve recruiting, or move NT up the athletic food chain. 

The Wing is a stupid and careless design. Period! 

Most of the seats in the wing are too far from the bathrooms and concessions. It’s a grueling climb up or down and you miss a lot of the game after making the trip. Most of those seats are not Fan Friendly. They’re just wasted space. 

Whoever was on the design committee did us no favors. Period. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 10
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

The Wing is a stupid and careless design. Period! 

Most of the seats in the wing are too far from the bathrooms and concessions. It’s a grueling climb up or down and you miss a lot of the game after making the trip. Most of those seats are not Fan Friendly. They’re just wasted space. 

Whoever was on the design committee did us no favors. Period. 

Most end zone seats seem to be similar to ours.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1