Where's Tylor Perry This Weekend?

SUMG

Name one person that's played at UNT that's found any success in the NBA... I know I'm speaking mostly to boomers here, but in modern times these young men will do what's best for them, not what your arrogant and biased heart wants

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 3

10 hours ago, ADLER said:

Oh, Heck No. 

All these schools want to buy him and exploit his talent with an NIL payment for a year. There's nothing evil in that, as they are basketball factories and they churn through a new batch of players every year.

Tylor has far better options, and I believe a far bigger calling.

Tylor currently has the opportunity to receive a post-grad degree from Stanford which will pay HUGE dividends for the rest of his life. I hope he is able to pass on the shiny objects being presented to entice him and accept the offer that will provide him long term wealth and will help him change his world for many decades to come.

He probably wants to win, which factors in the decision making process.  Arkansas has shown they do with recent tournament performances.  Stanford basketball has fallen off recently.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

10 hours ago, ADLER said:

Oh, Heck No. 

All these schools want to buy him and exploit his talent with an NIL payment for a year. There's nothing evil in that, as they are basketball factories and they churn through a new batch of players every year.

Tylor currently has the opportunity to receive a post-grad degree from Stanford which will pay HUGE dividends for the rest of his life. I hope he is able to pass on the shiny objects being presented to entice him and accept the offer that will provide him long term wealth and will help him change his world for many decades to come.

I see you point. He’s also said he wants to coach, though. Learning from multiple coaching styles and/or networking can only be a good thing for him.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

I know that Tylor was amazing for us at NT.     But, his offer list is more impressive than I even expected.    I think the NIT championship and national exposure had a lot to do with it.    I hate the transfer portal and wish we could have him for 1 more year.  But, this kid deserves everything good that is coming to him IMO.    I hope there is a day when players don't see NT basketball as the 2nd step from the top of the ladder.   But, the program has made so much progress.

Alabama Arkansas Louisville Ole Miss Florida Baylor Oklahoma State Texas Tech

https://www.si.com/college/louisville/basketball/tylor-perry-top-eight

PS-Not sure why he would want to spend his last year at Louisville, when they were 4-28.    I bet Tylor ends up at a school that is supposed to compete for a national championship next year (Bama ?).

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 4/15/2023 at 12:47 AM, ADLER said:

Oh, Heck No. 

Not if he wants to be an attorney.

• Confused 1

On 4/14/2023 at 10:57 PM, rojomojo said:

Name one person that's played at UNT that's found any success in the NBA... I know I'm speaking mostly to boomers here, but in modern times these young men will do what's best for them, not what your arrogant and biased heart wants

Strongly disagree with your point.

If a player is of NBA quality, the NBA scouts are going to have no problem at all finding him at NT.

That being stated, it is the player's decision to decide what is best for them.  With NIL money college sports are changing for the worse, but players would be stupid not to take advantage of the current insanity. 

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1