Where's Tylor Perry This Weekend?

SUMG

59 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Do you know for a fact that these are the amounts these programs are offering or are these just assumptions. 

Agreed. That’s a lot more than what I have been told from football programs such as Texas A&M. Granted it could go up or be more, but over 50k seems high and over 100k I would like to know who gets that. 

for example Ole Miss seems to have some group with 10 mil for NIL deals for all athletes. That’s really just 100k a year for 100 athletes and that money is burned after a year. Also when looking at players the NIL valuation that’s not what they are getting. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It's just that those of us who are OK with it are able to put ourselves in these kids' shoes, and not trash them simply because they chose to pursue opportunities outside of our beloved UNT.   They're actual people.   Not pawns for UNT's advancement. 

I don’t think we are trashing the players for these opportunities.  For me, I’m against the new system that has been created.  I just don’t like it.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

Agreed. That’s a lot more than what I have been told from football programs such as Texas A&M. Granted it could go up or be more, but over 50k seems high and over 100k I would like to know who gets that. 

for example Ole Miss seems to have some group with 10 mil for NIL deals for all athletes. That’s really just 100k a year for 100 athletes and that money is burned after a year. Also when looking at players the NIL valuation that’s not what they are getting. 

Hard to find exact numbers on this type of stuff but Miami has had numbers for Nijel Pack and Isaiah Wong put out in the media. When Pack entered the portal out if K-State, he got a 2 year $800k deal from Miami's main collective with Ruiz. That doesn't include what he may have received from other business ventures. Isaiah Wong had a $100k deal from the Ruiz collective when he entered the portal in 2022. He ended up staying at Miami so that number likely went up which means others came in offering more. It was reported during March Madness that Miami's starting line-up alone had $2.2 million in NIL deals through Ruiz.

Florida, one of Perry's final 4, offered a HS QB an $8 million deal that fell through.

I'm sure Ole Miss' star players are making more than $100k per year. After all, that is just their main collective and doesn't include the checks a booster could cut for a big portal player. When you add up all the deals a star player may get, it's not hard to see how it could end up around $300k or more. Especially when there's multiple teams bidding against one another.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

I don’t think we are trashing the players for these opportunities.  For me, I’m against the new system that has been created.  I just don’t like it.

The Times, they are a changin'.

It seems many are upset with the players for taking advantage of the systems in place.   Like once they play for NT, they should choose loyalty over opportunity.    It's just not going to happen until UNT is the "better opportunity".    Thankfully for us, it was for a guy like Kai!

• Upvote 4
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 2

Outside of these crazy superfans who just want to buy a championship/success... I struggle seeing how there is any real solid ROI for businesses to pay for NIL from players outside of a select elite few.  I think once this is realized, it will likely slow down somewhat.  Then again,  there will always be stupid crazy superfans. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Travis said:

Outside of these crazy superfans who just want to buy a championship/success... I struggle seeing how there is any real solid ROI for businesses to pay for NIL from players outside of a select elite few.  I think once this is realized, it will likely slow down somewhat.  Then again,  there will always be stupid crazy superfans. 

Creepy old dudes living their fantasy’s through others by paying them off….

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

13 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Don’t act like you wouldn’t be shoving money down RV’s throat trying to keep Tylor Perry here if you were a billionaire.

I would upgrade facilities, staff, make it nice. Idk about the NIL. I don’t agree with it. I would be hard pressed to do it. It’s out of hand and wrong. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3

10 hours ago, Travis said:

Doubtful. This has been happening for decades it was just never legal.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I would upgrade facilities, retina staff, make it nice. Idk about the NIL. I don’t agree with it. I would be hard pressed to do it. It’s out of hand and wrong. 

If you were a billionaire you'd do it because you don't become a billionaire by being nice and you don't work to become rich to just have billions sitting there. If you upgraded facilities and dumped money to retain staff, you'd be paying players as well. Otherwise the other two investments are somewhat worthless. It'd be like building a luxury 10 car garage and hiring a personal valet for your 1996 Toyota Corolla. You'd be upgrading your fleet whether you care for luxury vehicles or not.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

14 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

Yeah…he announced May 2nd a few days before UNT announced the party. Not sure if it means anything, but I thought it was strange, too. 

I'd have thought UNT and TP both would want for him to be part of the celebration but maybe his priorities are solely on the portal now.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

I debated on starting a new thread for this, but since I feel it is so far fetched, I will just put it here.

Disclaimer:

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

What if this courting by all these big names was to see how much UNT had to match on a NIL deal?

Just sayin.... the May 2nd announcement and the parade kinda line up.....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1