Update from Footballcoop.com (Monday Morning)

El Paso Eagle

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

All it said is Mac has supported him. Should that disqualify him? If other applicants get support from Donors should they be excluded? 

It shouldn’t disqualify him but he leaves us wondering “where is the upgrade?”. I’m not sure this guy would be better than if we had promoted Bloesch or kept Littrell.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Reported that Riley turned down 2 million a year from A&M, wonder what TCU countered with? 

If I'm Riley and I just won the Broyles, why would I leave an OC spot on a team that's primed to win the Big12 for the foreseeable future to move laterally under a HC that is notorious for controlling everything offensive on his team?   He'd basically be taking a backseat to a control freak when he has been acknowledged by peers & ex-coaches as the best assistant coach in the country.   Makes no sense for him.

• Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If I'm Riley and I just won the Broyles, why would I leave an OC spot on a team that's primed to win the Big12 for the foreseeable future to move laterally under a HC that is notorious for controlling everything offensive on his team?   He'd basically be taking a backseat to a control freak when he has been acknowledged by peers & ex-coaches as the best assistant coach in the country.   Makes no sense for him.

4b1a25b6-35f3-44e6-8b24-e3c21a3534a4_tex

a3da4471-2c57-4767-9e84-378cade1744c_tex

8d70a53e-4c52-4902-8ab4-42df111792e1_tex

7739f925-632c-4cc7-962c-c5a1bcf12c76_tex

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Many have given thier personal peference for the new UNT coach.  I think the fanbase would be behind any coach who won meaningful games, regardless of personality, age, experience, etc.  However, I wonder which of the four projected finalists listed by FootballScoop would be the most attractive to the current talent nucleus of players on the team, players already in the transfer portal, and future recruits.  Any thoughts?

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, Graddean said:

If we are ever going to compete in the NIL world, we need all the rich donors we can get.

Interesting premise. How much do chances for success increase with finally building the new facilities and funding the NIL. The NIL probably gives more power to the big money donors.

Mattress Mac was in a recent interview and mentioned playing for the University of Texas, not North Texas. Yes, he is a wealthy donor. However, I think he doesn't give a crap about our school or who we hire. I will be really shocked if Fuente is not the guy. I have no inside information, this just seems to be my gut feeling.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

11 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Mattress Mac was in a recent interview and mentioned playing for the University of Texas, not North Texas. Yes, he is a wealthy donor. However, I think he doesn't give a crap about our school or who we hire. I will be really shocked if Fuente is not the guy. I have no inside information, this just seems to be my gut feeling.

Easier to be a big fish in our pond than Texas’. Maybe he just wants a place in to throw his weight around a bit. I hope Brint and Co can push back and do what is best for the university.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, golfingomez said:

yeah, regardless of how you feel about him, having Mack on board with UNT can only be considered a W for the university, since his last interactions with UNT, he has become a brand, and based on his betting, he has more money to blow. 

I view this as a positive, and would assume his influence is tied to the dollars he spends.

It's all a positive until (as NT80 said) he holds us hostage for a personal preference.   I'll gladly take his money but with NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

This whole list - other than Fuente - give me the underfunded vibe. This is an absolutely awful list. 

Yeah, I'm with you. There are really only 3 names on that list I like. If anyone other than one of those 3 are hired, you will see me become the very first #MosleyOut poster on this board

• Upvote 1

I am Clark Griswold head sewn to the carpet surprised right now. This guy should not make more than $750k to come here. WTF qualifies him for a million dollar salary. I thought, no way can they mess this up, yet they found a way. Seth had more college experience than this guy when hired and they both served time as Tech RB coaches. This is a 2007 type North Texas hire, not a 2022 step up in conference type hire. I could not be more disappointed. We are a joke and at least when you mention UAB’s coach, people know who he is. I have friends that are diehard Texas Tech fans that didn’t know who the hell Kenny Perry was.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I'd be fine with Perry if he brought Emmett Jones with him. DFW high school recruiting would be be very solid

Otherwise holy shit is that underwhelming. 

Bring in a guy who has never been a coordinator and have him hire an OC with no coordinating experience?  The offensive game planning would be off the hook!

RE: GIF the halftime adjustments.