WVU speculating it to be Graham Harrell

NT80

I think GH will get an opportunity to be a college HC someday soon, but NT needs an experienced Head Coach now, not another Coordinator trainee.

"Is it possible stealing Wren Baker from North Texas may now mean losing a coach to the Mean Green?"

https://wvsportsnow.com/is-graham-harrell-destined-to-leave-wvu-to-be-north-texas-head-coach/

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

47 minutes ago, outoftown said:

I get the argument about lack of HC experience, but I don't dislike it as much as many of you seem to. I think he'll do a fine job recruiting, he'll be better at QB development and he knows what this place is and isn't.

What QB’s has he “developed” since Mason Fine? While at USC he had the pick of virtually every QB in the country they had the 66th ranked offense in the country. They bring in Lincoln Riley this year an actual offensive genius and they make the jump to 3rd. 

• Upvote 6
  • Oh Boy! 1

Oddly enough, this could all help us bring in Graham Harrell back as our Offensive Coordinator.

Wren Bakers first challenge at WVU will be limiting the financial losses involved with terminating coach Neal Brown including reducing his guaranteed $16 million buyout.

Additionally, Harrell has a guaranteed $800K  contract for next year and $850K for 2024.

Wren will likely negotiate to have WKU assume a large portion of Graham's contract if he accepts a position elsewhere. That could be with us, at least for the first two years of Graham's service in Denton.

Would our new head coach want him? Would Graham want to return to North Texas? This was the site of his greatest success, and it could wind up being a really good financial win both for him and the Mean Green.

And, if all goes well, Graham may be a candidate in the future for our head coach position.

And, keep an eye on this ESPN story  He will have two years eligibility remaining as will former North Texas recruit Chase Griffin who has graduated at UCLA.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

The writer knows about what is happening as we do.  Pure speculation on his/her part.   Probably needed to write a story and this is what he/she came up with.

That was the same first impression I had when I read it.  Seemed like he was just writing an article because he needed to.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ADLER said:

Oddly enough, this could all help us bring in Graham Harrell back as our Offensive Coordinator.

Wren Bakers first challenge at WVU will be limiting the financial losses involved with terminating coach Neal Brown including reducing his guaranteed $16 million buyout.

Additionally, Harrell has a guaranteed $800K  contract for next year and $850K for 2024.

Wren will likely negotiate to have WKU assume a large portion of Graham's contract if he accepts a position elsewhere. That could be with us, at least for the first two years of Graham's service in Denton.

Would our new head coach want him? Would Graham want to return to North Texas? This was the site of his greatest success, and it could wind up being a really good financial win both for him and the Mean Green.

And, if all goes well, Graham may be a candidate in the future for our head coach position.

And, keep an eye on this ESPN story  He will have two years eligibility remaining as will former North Texas recruit Chase Griffin who has graduated at UCLA.

No to JT Daniels.  Having watched a few of their games, he's an interception waiting to happen.  Especially in the 4th quarter with the game on the line.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Well does that mean Graham is not a quality recruited? I would think at a school like USC you would have your pick of QBs.

Not at all, I'm just saying that working with Kaden Slovis and JT Daniels is not even in the same stratosphere as working with Caleb Williams. Nothing more, nothing less. 

57 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Shouldn't be a deal breaker.  Sometimes these guys just need a change of scenery.

If there’s a player who’s had plenty changes of scenery it’s JT Daniels.  But I guess his fourth college could be the one where everything finally clicks.

• Haha 1