Bowl Projections

SigmaGreen

38 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Agreed. I can see WKU beating the brakes off of them in the Championship game and if they do happen to play BYU in the bowl game, BYU would have their way with them. UTSA has zero momentum going forward. 

Oh, you know WKU is licking their chops at this rematch.   They had opportunities to win the first time they played and will be ready to win this time.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

Really 16K in Frisco on a Tuesday night???  I would expect maybe half that.  UNT didn't bring anything close to that to SMU and that game was on a Saturday with perfect weather conditions.  

While I frequently poke fun at the overestimation of attendance on this board (no, there were not 40,000 North Texas fans at the 2014 HOD Bowl), I do think our fanbase typically shows well for bowl games. I'd expect the stadium to be near capacity for this.  Of course, it is likely between us and ODU getting left out of the bowl picture since we have a conference that won't help (and may actively obstruct) either of those teams get a spot.

• Upvote 4
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2

39 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

Really 16K in Frisco on a Tuesday night???  I would expect maybe half that.  UNT didn't bring anything close to that to SMU and that game was on a Saturday with perfect weather conditions.  

UNT surprisingly brings a crowd for Bowl games. Check the crowds for the HoD bowl games. We would do well at Frisco

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, MrAlien said:

Well considering NT hasn’t won in Dallas since the 1930s, and keep getting blasted each time, I don’t blame people for not going to that game.

We show out for bowl games that are close, and I mean the momentum is very high with the program. 16K should be easy…

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

Do you mean University Park? Clearly you have bought into this Dallas Team nonsense!  I saw us win in the Heart of Dallas Bowl in Dallas!

So we have won in Dallas once since the 1930's..... that changes everything

That game was great though. #DerekHeismanForever

Edited by I Always Mean Green
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

UNT surprisingly brings a crowd for Bowl games. Check the crowds for the HoD bowl games. We would do well at Frisco

Agreed - we brought 30k+ to each of our HoD bowl games.

I believe the Frisco Bowl has a 17k attendance max... not sure if there is a specific school allotment or if tickets are up for grabs.  I think a UNT vs Tulsa match-up would be a definite sellout.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ForneyGreen said:

Agreed - we brought 30k+ to each of our HoD bowl games.

I believe the Frisco Bowl has a 17k attendance max... not sure if there is a specific school allotment or if tickets are up for grabs.  I think a UNT vs Tulsa match-up would be a definite sellout.

I would love that match!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well considering NT hasn’t won in Dallas since the 1930s, and keep getting blasted each time, I don’t blame people for not going to that game.

We show out for bowl games that are close, and I mean the momentum is very high with the program. 16K should be easy…

2013. Look it up

• Upvote 1