Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Brett Vito

DRC (updated): C-USA lifts ban on students sitting in area behind opposing teams' bench in football

Recommended Posts

It will be interesting to follow this and see how it turns out. I’d love to get our students back down there on those first 5 rows. Maybe FAU could be good for something?

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the story has been updated to clarify that CUSA now allows it, Wren MUST find a way to get the students back down there starting THIS year.  It’ll look so much better on TV and it’ll be great to have the home field advantage increased. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The nearly empty 50 yard line seats on the student side always bothered me.  This was a stupid rule in the first place.  I'm glad it's been rescinded.

GO MEAN GREEN

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Hell. Yes. Opposing teams have no idea what they're in for... 

It’s a BRUTAL atmosphere and the opposing teams are going to hate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read the article but I fail to see what FAU did to get this rule rescinded that RV or any other AD in CUSA wasn't able to do.   Does someone at FAU have the commissioner's ear ?

GO MEAN GREEN

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I read the article but I fail to see what FAU did to get this rule rescinded that RV or any other AD in CUSA wasn't able to do.   Does someone at FAU have the commissioner's ear ?

GO MEAN GREEN

Maybe Lane used his charisma and charm on our lady CUSA commissioner.  He is a smooth talker.

 

Edited by southsideguy
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol.. I remember that game against UTSA at apogee 13' towards the end of the season there. The student section was roasting and clowning every player at that bench. I remember their players flipping us off after the game ended.

That's part of "home field advantage" Our fans getting into the player's heads. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

Lol.. I remember that game against UTSA at apogee 13' towards the end of the season there. The student section was roasting and clowning every player at that bench. I remember their players flipping us off after the game ended.

That's part of "home field advantage" Our fans getting into the player's heads. 

I loved that season in the midst of all of that. I remember the MUTS game vividly and how pissed even their coaches were.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

I loved that season in the midst of all of that. I remember the MUTS game vividly and how pissed even their coaches were.

Ahh yes, the game where the MUTS QB got hit so hard his helmet flew off!

It's going to look a lot better from the alumni side, seeing that bottom part of the stadium filling up. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

Ahh yes, the game where the MUTS QB got hit so hard his helmet flew off!

It's going to look a lot better from the alumni side, seeing that bottom part of the stadium filling up. 

BOOM: 

Gods, we had a great defense and ST back then. Sed Ellis and Zach Orr - on an open field, Ned!

Also - our uniforms were terrible.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2013 was so magical. It was my first season as a student, we were actually good, and I hurled insults and cursed at the other teams players like it was going out of style

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

2013 was so magical. It was my first season as a student, we were actually good, and I hurled insults and cursed at the other teams players like it was going out of style

 

2013 was my senior year of college, that was a year I will never forget! It's real awesome to hear what that 2013 season did for the freshman class! Just goes to show, what winning and the publicity of it does for our future alumni at UNT. Think about what Fine/Littrell are doing for current and future fans to come! 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

I read the article but I fail to see what FAU did to get this rule rescinded that RV or any other AD in CUSA wasn't able to do.   Does someone at FAU have the commissioner's ear ?

GO MEAN GREEN

you're looking in the wrong place. Judy probably saw Ben's old signature and felt the heat. 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreenTexan13 said:

2013 was my senior year of college, that was a year I will never forget! It's real awesome to hear what that 2013 season did for the freshman class! Just goes to show, what winning and the publicity of it does for our future alumni at UNT. Think about what Fine/Littrell are doing for current and future fans to come! 

I probably should've clarified that it was my first season as a student at UNT. I was technically a junior at that point, either way it made me a fan for life

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I probably should've clarified that it was my first season as a student at UNT. I was technically a junior at that point, either way it made me a fan for life

Ahh my mistake, well regardless. my point still stands!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

2013 was so magical. It was my first season as a student, we were actually good, and I hurled insults and cursed at the other teams players like it was going out of style

 

Says a lot when 9-4 with no division or conference title plus a bowl game against 6-6 UNLV is considered a megical season.

 

2015 Houston on the otherhand was a REAL magical season.

  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CK2 said:

Says a lot when 9-4 with no division or conference title plus a bowl game against 6-6 UNLV is considered a megical season.

 

2015 Houston on the otherhand was a REAL magical season.

giphy.gif

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CK2 said:

Says a lot when 9-4 with no division or conference title plus a bowl game against 6-6 UNLV is considered a megical season.

 

2015 Houston on the otherhand was a REAL magical season.

Related image

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.