What Southern Miss Fans Are Saying About UNT

AustinFromUNT

47 minutes ago, drex said:

The ultimate insult happened in 1968 when the Mean Green Eagles traveled to Las Cruces, New Mexico to play the New Mexico State Aggies.  There was a huge sign hung on the stadium railing that said 'Beat the Buffaloes'...they did not even know who they were playing...had us mixed up with West Texas State.  By the way, it ended in a tie.

That’s hilarious! You’d think they’d clear that up come gameweek on the message board. :boom:

3 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

It's sad reading that they aren't concerned about UNT but are nervous about UTSA.  Just hard to see it right there in black and white. 

They? When I read the post it was he. One dude. But let's be honest, even if he can't be, Southern Miss isn't some power house, nor are we. If we show up, then it could go either way. Just like most games it will come down to turn overs, mistakes, big plays, penalty yardage, ect. Our two losses came with several mistakes, penalties, and getting torched deep so it all depends on what UNT team plays Saturday night.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

They? When I read the post it was he. One dude. But let's be honest, even if he can't be, Southern Miss isn't some power house, nor are we. If we show up, then it could go either way. Just like most games it will come down to turn overs, mistakes, big plays, penalty yardage, ect. Our two losses came with several mistakes, penalties, and getting torched deep so it all depends on what UNT team plays Saturday night.

I used the gender neutral "they".   I was unable to determine gender from the name "TTT".

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Going back to opening day of Apogee in 2011, we have won seven road games -- three of those being in 2013.   

So that''s 7-31 on the road (which is astonishingly STILL better than the previous coaching regime's overall record).  

I'll wait to see improvement there. 

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2

I think a real look at the defense is warranted here. They are top ranked, but look at who they have played. Kentucky is the only opponent of consequence and they are not really an offensive powerhouse. Southern and ULM are also not offense rich teams. They may have a really good defense, but it may also be a product of who they have played. They may be in for more of a challenge than they think, similar to many on here and UAB.

• Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

They're overlooking us because they know their defense can stop us. They also know our defense can't stop them. Easy money.

Soo the USM defense is better than Iowa's in terms of talent?

Just asking because I'm going to assume that Iowa has better recruits (with better offer lists) than USM

11 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

It's sad reading that they aren't concerned about UNT but are nervous about UTSA.  Just hard to see it right there in black and white. 

Had we beat Iowa, they would be concerned with us... Instead, UTSA beat Baylor...I'd be more concerned too with UTSA if I was USM based on those outcomes. 

• Upvote 1