My nUTSAck hate grows daily

TheReal_jayD

Here's the good news -- we FINALLY have developed a rivalry.  This is a team we want to beat more than probably any other one on the schedule (ok maybe SMU).  My point is, we haven't had that in the past.  For years it was NMSU, MUTS, Arky State... we finally have some teams on the schedule that get our mean green blood pumping and that is a GOOD thing!

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Here's the good news -- we FINALLY have developed a rivalry.  This is a team we want to beat more than probably any other one on the schedule (ok maybe SMU).  My point is, we haven't had that in the past.  For years it was NMSU, MUTS, Arky State... we finally have some teams on the schedule that get our mean green blood pumping and that is a GOOD thing!

Yawn...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

Harry, you know I totally agree with you on this one. I've been saying for years that we need a REAL rivalry. And by that I mean a conference mate that we have to play every year (and they have to play us) and we are able to drive to the game and back in one day if we prefer. I would rather it be La. Tech (and that just might develop), but UTSA  fits the bill. We hate them and they hate us right back.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I don't predict outcomes of games--never have in 40 plus years as a Mean Green fan but.......this upcoming North Texas Mean Green football team will kick nUTSAk's butt at Apogee Stadium this Fall!  

I Guarantee It!     It will also be the loudest crowd at Apogee since the Rice U "The Stand" game on a Halloween Night and when (then) UH Coach Kevin Sumlin had to call 2-3 "fans too damn loud" timeouts.                                                                             

PlummMeanGreen aka James Plummer, 6'th Generation Texan, 1976 UNT grad, 2/3/2017

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

My nUTSAck hate grows daily

They are kind of gross and wrinkly, though also necessary. I would recommend keeping yours...at least for now.

Edited by JesseMartin
  • Upvote 4

Yet no ones jumping in. 

We getting crying Jordan'd out there and yet all this talk of "rivalry" and "standing up for our guys" means nothing! Nothing!

C'mon people. If you want to be part of #NewDenton, the Mean Green have to have a presence on social media. 

I know this is a terrible pep talk, but y'all are all "nutsack this" and no bite. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

50 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Yet no ones jumping in. 

We getting crying Jordan'd out there and yet all this talk of "rivalry" and "standing up for our guys" means nothing! Nothing!

C'mon people. If you want to be part of #NewDenton, the Mean Green have to have a presence on social media. 

I know this is a terrible pep talk, but y'all are all "nutsack this" and no bite. 

I saw a few dudes poking back

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

Harry, you know I totally agree with you on this one. I've been saying for years that we need a REAL rivalry. And by that I mean a conference mate that we have to play every year (and they have to play us) and we are able to drive to the game and back in one day if we prefer. I would rather it be La. Tech (and that just might develop), but UTSA  fits the bill. We hate them and they hate us right back.

Disagree.  Tulsa, Memphis, etc., should still be our rivalries.  We should still be in a conference with those guys.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Disagree.  Tulsa, Memphis, etc., should still be our rivalries.  We should still be in a conference with those guys.

Another older nestor agrees.  Of course, that would now be as an AAC member.

We can't keep dummying down or we'll start justifying being in a conference with Slippery Rock U or Houston Baptist.

North Texas is an exceptional school.  (Repeat that 3 times & click your heels twice).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't care a bit about a loser school in San Antonio with no football history or anything else for that matter. Started in a shopping center for god's sake. I just want to know how our coaches could let a dump like that our recruit us? 

8 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

I don't care a bit about a loser school in San Antonio with no football history or anything else for that matter. Started in a shopping center for god's sake. I just want to know how our coaches could let a dump like that our recruit us? 

Thank you.  I couldn't have said it better.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Nah, their rival is UTEP.  They even stole their colors, hand sign, etc...  Let them fight it out.  

Texas State is nutsak's rival.

Seriously, is it true NutsaK has set up a Go Fund Me account to build an on campus stadium?  Proposed stadium-

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

Even if we had stayed in the MVC, that's no guarantee that they would have stayed in the conference. They probably would have moved on like they did anyway. Tulsa was the closest thing to a rivalry we've had since our Gulf Coast days with East Texas State as our hated rival. I say hated, but I don't think our University would have ever encouraged a rivalry with any school that even approached hate. Because (hopefully) until recently our administration has always been Mr. Rogers. The level of intensity to have a real rivalry would have been discouraged.

As to Memphis. While we were in the same conference, we were little more than a punching bag for them. Starting in 1960 we NEVER beat them.....even during the Joe Greene/Steve Ramsey days.  We didn't get our first win against them until 1977. I don't call that a rivalry.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

I don't predict outcomes of games--never have in 40 plus years as a Mean Green fan but.......this upcoming North Texas Mean Green football team will kick nUTSAk's butt at Apogee Stadium this Fall!  

I Guarantee It!     It will also be the loudest crowd at Apogee since the Rice U "The Stand" game on a Halloween Night and when (then) UH Coach Kevin Sumlin had to call 2-3 "fans too damn loud" timeouts.                                                                             

PlummMeanGreen aka James Plummer, 6'th Generation Texan, 1976 UNT grad, 2/3/2017

GMG!

Plumm, for my 1000th post on GoMeanGreen.com, let me say that your posts get me pumped like no others. Thanks for being such a great and loyal fan!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Me, every time I see this mentioned as a rivalry. I get y'all get all "oh that's how SMU feels about us" but the reality is that SMU hates us because we're public and their private. We hate UTSA because they're a community college masquerading as a 4-year university.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3