Projection indicating Arizona Bowl vs. Idaho

Harry

8 minutes ago, SSP said:

Player text said Vegas or Tucsan.   Unless Heart of Dallas makes a trade and a lot of stuff gets moved around...  My educated guess is that we will be playing in one of these three.

Maybe there's a bylaw I'm missing but Tucson would have to be a trade too. Vegas would be likely but MWC will not want to send their #1 there to face us. So we may be working with them to get us a decent matchup in Arizona so they don't have to put their #1 against us. 

1 minute ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Maybe there's a bylaw I'm missing but Tucson would have to be a trade too. Vegas would be likely but MWC will not want to send their #1 there to face us. So we may be working with them to get us a decent matchup in Arizona so they don't have to put their #1 against us. 

I don't know. That's just what I was told.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Downside is Idaho has announced their intention to move down to FCS in 2018.  Also the bowl will not get a ton of coverage, more ESPN 3 type.   Upside is a late date (Dec 30th) means more practice time, less impact on academics.  Also a game we could win to hit 6.  I think Idaho is a lock for this bowl as an opponent.

Even if the highlights make the 9 o'clock Sports Center the exposure may be worth it I suppose?

Rick

• Downvote 7

3 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I love me some Joe T's.....can't account for individual tastes I guess.....

I'm a Fort Worth homer but Joe T's is extremely overrated. Only been there once, avoid it when I can. Great for out-of-towners I guess, but even then I can think of better places. The cash thing is infuriating and they've already been busted for tax evasion once because of it. 

2 minutes ago, SSP said:

I don't know. That's just what I was told.

I believe it. All things being equal I'm sure we'd be in Arizona in a heartbeat. I just think there's some politicking the conferences have to do to make it happen first. Which if we are going through the trouble of that I'd rather HoD vs a Sun Belt opponent but it is what it is. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

I'm a Fort Worth homer but Joe T's is extremely overrated. Only been there once, avoid it when I can. Great for out-of-towners I guess, but even then I can think of better places. The cash thing is infuriating and they've already been busted for tax evasion once because of it. 

I believe it. All things being equal I'm sure we'd be in Arizona in a heartbeat. I just think there's some politicking the conferences have to do to make it happen first. Which if we are going through the trouble of that I'd rather HoD vs a Sun Belt opponent but it is what it is. 

I wouldn't rule out HoD just yet.

7 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

sounds like you approve of Rick's....can I at least go to Rick's?  Been going to Joe T's since the 70's.  Kincaid's kind of lost something after they got the Historic designation, but still like going there for a burger and fried okra....

You can go to all 3 but I can greatly improve two of them...one of which is maybe....300 feet away?

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So why are we so scared of Navy or better teams, if Litrell is as good a coach as many believe. he will find a way to motivate those 68 players to fight until the end, you know just like UTEP, UTSA, WKY, oh wait. Bowl game is a bowl game, but good grief why are we afraid to play better teams. Would rather than play Navy than Idaho.    :huh:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 15

2 minutes ago, untbowler said:

So why are we so scared of Navy or better teams, if Litrell is as good a coach as many believe. he will find a way to motivate those 68 players to fight until the end, you know just like UTEP, UTSA, WKY, oh wait. Bowl game is a bowl game, but good grief why are we afraid to play better teams. Would rather than play Navy than Idaho.    :huh:

Even if we want to, the bowl committees and conferences don't. They will not want an extremely lopsided match-up. Bad for TV ratings, attendance, etc. That's why although Las Vegas and Armed Forces would be viable options, they will be too lopsided for them to even consider it more than likely. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

You can go to all 3 but I can greatly improve two of them...one of which is maybe....300 feet away?

Rick

Please educate me then.  I like new places.....maybe I have been there, but would like to hear for a local...

24 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I dunno.  The menu is too convoluted for me.  I can never figure out what I want there.

if you go after lunch...not a problem....oh, irony....I get it....  They do have a good brunch menu as well

17 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Regarding the possibility of playing Idaho out in Arizona, I am for that 100%.   But.........................with our luck, we could be "the last FBS team that Idaho beat before their dropping down to FCS level".  What a great sports trivia question!  Just saying.... 

OR.....we could play it up as.....we beat a team so bad, they decided to drop divisions so they would not have to meet up with us again....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Caw Caw said:

I'll take whatever I can get versus whoever I can get.

200.gif#1

(Not army and decent match-up are my preferences)

Are you unveiling suicide vests for a P-5 matchup?

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Downvote 1