Turn down the invite

emmitt01

Just now, All About UNT said:

Yeah that's exactly it. Let some other team that doesn't deserve to go to a bowl game go. I think it makes a profound statement that losing won't be tolerated and especially celebrated

Losing will not be tolerated by reducing our practice time and removing the bowl trip as a recruiting tool?  Seem counter productive.  

This game is terrible, but if I had told you before the year started we would go 5-7 and get a bowl invitation because our academics are great... who the hell in their right mind would have turned that down?

Too many read the part that we'd get a bowl with 5 wins I suppose.

THIS: Guys, you win today & we get a bowl invite, but if you don't (fill in the blank)______________________.?

Can they key on the RB & put a shadow on him for crissakes?!?!

(make us eat our words & disappointment, team).

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was raised to believe you only get what you earn. This team isn't earning a bowl game today. If they miracle their way back into a win, then fine, go bowling. But, right now all I want to give them is a good butt chewing.

This is embarrassing!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

31 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

If this team loses to UTEP they should turn down any bowl invite.  This is not a post-season caliber defense (or offense for that matter).

I was thinking the same thing. If they can't beat UTEP they don't deserve it.  However, one additional game with related practice time would go a long way to helping this very young and new team.... 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

We weren't supposed to get to 5 this year.  By no means do I think we're a bowl quality team without winning this one but I'd any accomplishment, APR or otherwise, gets this rag tag empty cupboard squad to a bowl then I'd celebrate it.  

Its still overachieving. 

Exactly. First year coach takes a 1-11 team to a bowl because academics got us over the other cusp teams? Take it. I was mentally deabting this before Emmitt posted it...but a bowl is still a bowl. Even if we get crushed...knowing it's a stepping stone season and our academics got us in and there's growth coming is still more impressive than not being in a bowl at all.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2