We realize that we won and are on the cusp of going to a bowl, right?

oldguystudent

I can't believe people still complain about helmets/uniforms... It's 2016 people, the new generations of kids love this stuff. Let them be excited! Anyways, I agree with you 100% oldguystudent. SL and this team proved 98.9% of this board wrong this year. We should be excited for the drastic turn around from a 1-11 record loss to an FCS team season in such a short amount of time. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

We're going to a bowl, period.   Worse case is that we are #4 in the APR and there are going to be between 5 and 9 APR slots.  

Early line has us 3.5 point favorites in El Paso.  First time we have been favored all year.  (BC didn't have a line.)

I've been trying to follow all this APR stuff, but because this is North Texas, I'm not holding my breath until we get the sixth win.

As for the line, I think I made that same statement.  Sagarin had us as a 7.5 favorite over the weekend, so Vegas must have cooked in the 3 points for home field for UTEP, and yes, I do believe this is the first time we've been favored all year.  

Feels good, man. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

"I'll get on board when they don't play in the Sun Belt anymore"

"I'll get on board when they don't play in Fouts anymore"

"I'll get on board when RV is gone"

"I'll get on board when McCarney is gone"

"I'll get on board when they aren't 1-11"

"I'll get on board when they're going to a bowl game"

"I'll get on board when it's not so hot"

"I'll get on board when it's warmer outside"

Face it folks, for some people it has NEVER been about what North Texas could do to draw them in...it has always bren about finding that next excuse

Heard all of this stuff since I was a student here way back in the Middle Ages. North Texas fans tend to have lots of excuses. That is not saying that they don't have some reasons, but they never follow through even when they get what they claim to need to support their school.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Aldo said:

oldguy be like

Instead of good old fashioned North Texas complaining, he is complaining about the good old fashioned North Texas complaining.  It's like meta complaining, or he has ascended to some graduate level of good old fashioned North Texas complaining we can barely understand.  

Either way he stared into the abyss and the abyss stared back... and asked him why Scrappy doesn't wear clothes anymore. 

2 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Just curious, because I was pretty excited about the outcome of this past weekend, but we seem to be busy complaining about helmets, fan longevity in a cold stadium, pointing fingers at attendance, CUSA refs, somebody stealing our coach, etc.  

Remember.  A year ago, we were 1-11, we got blown out by an FCS team, I'd wager the actual attendance at the last game was maybe 3,000 people (and probably the two games before that too), there was a damn near violent clash among two factions of the fanbase.  

Today we're 5-6 with a real shot at a bowl game.  There is a new sheriff in town in the AD.  There is an enthusiastic coaching staff who has performed some kind of witchcraft crossroads deal with the devil voodoo and taken a skeleton crew of a roster some 20+ players short of being an FBS team and won five games this season.  There are no banners in sight. 

It's Thanksgiving week.  Let's take a breath and be thankful.  Things have changed mightily for the better and they're looking up going forward.

GMG. 

Just thought of a fun tradition I doubt Littrell goes for it.  Opening up Practice during thanksgiving week to fans.  Can only sit around the practice field and not on them.  That would be pretty neat! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GMG24 said:

Just thought of a fun tradition I doubt Littrell goes for it.  Opening up Practice during thanksgiving week to fans.  Can only sit around the practice field and not on them.  That would be pretty neat! 

Yeah, that'd be nice. Doubt that happens though. Surely bowl practice will be open though. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Instead of good old fashioned North Texas complaining, he is complaining about the good old fashioned North Texas complaining.  It's like meta complaining, or he has ascended to some graduate level of good old fashioned North Texas complaining we can barely understand.  

Either way he stared into the abyss and the abyss stared back... and asked him why Scrappy doesn't wear clothes anymore. 

200.gif#5

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Just hope like hades that we don't pull a "Troy" this weekend.  Old timers like Emmitt and Cerebus will get this lol... 

Blocked and still squeaked through. I was "embarrassed" about us going to a bowl until I was on a plane headed to 'Nawlins. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Blocked and still squeaked through. I was "embarrassed" about us going to a bowl until I was on a plane headed to 'Nawlins. 

Turns out we were trendsetters for the 5-7 bowl team. That game was a tough listen on the radio. 

5 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Just curious, because I was pretty excited about the outcome of this past weekend, but we seem to be busy complaining about helmets, fan longevity in a cold stadium, pointing fingers at attendance, CUSA refs, somebody stealing our coach, etc.  

Remember.  A year ago, we were 1-11, we got blown out by an FCS team, I'd wager the actual attendance at the last game was maybe 3,000 people (and probably the two games before that too), there was a damn near violent clash among two factions of the fanbase.  

Today we're 5-6 with a real shot at a bowl game.  There is a new sheriff in town in the AD.  There is an enthusiastic coaching staff who has performed some kind of witchcraft crossroads deal with the devil voodoo and taken a skeleton crew of a roster some 20+ players short of being an FBS team and won five games this season.  There are no banners in sight. 

It's Thanksgiving week.  Let's take a breath and be thankful.  Things have changed mightily for the better and they're looking up going forward.

GMG. 

I would've been pissed if we had lost to USM after a 20-0 lead but when we won I just nodded my head and felt ok. We're beating bad teams and getting crushed by good teams and while that is an improvement it isn't very sexy. Then again, we've never been very sexy at North Texas.

I'm totally on board with the staff and it looks like the future is bright but I'd be a lot more hopeful if I knew we had the quarterback of the future on the team now. And I just can't feel that way yet. If we do get to a bowl I'll be glad for the kids but truthfully I'll be more glad that we'll get the extra practices. This team could be 8-4 or better next year with a good recruiting class, an easier schedule, and some time to gel a little more. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Just hope like hades that we don't pull a "Troy" this weekend.  Old timers like Emmitt and Cerebus will get this lol... 

I teasingly busted Ol Green Guts' chops about that two weekends ago when little OGG had a pee wee game at AT&T.  

He just shook his head and looked away...LOL

Trust me though...that game still burns asses to this day.

Rick

3 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Explain the scenario?

Darth Vader comes in and blows up the NCAA office. Dr.Strange uses the Eye of Agamatto to rewind time but causes a ripple in the space time continuum where a time branch occurs and the NCAA office remains obliterated. No bowl game for NT in 2016. What do we do?

Edited by Got5onIt

1 minute ago, Got5onIt said:

Darth Vader comes in and blows up the NCAA office. Dr.Strange uses the Eye of Agamatto to rewind time but causes a ripple in the space time continuum where a time branch occurs and the NCAA office remains obliterated. No bowl game for NT in 2016. What do we do?

More creative than UNT90. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1