Morris

Andrew

Morris isn't the future. But he did all right tonight. I am glad he got that start and win on his senior night. I am sure that will be big for him when he looks back at his football career in a few years.

That said seeing one series of Quinn Shanbour would not have angered me.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, untbowler said:

hell 68 players or not penalties and turnovers are to blame lately, good stops for Defense only to be pushed back onto field because of bone head choices

like clockwork a bone head penalty to get USM deeper into red zone

Biggest question I have is why did we not run the ball to end the 1st half.. us going 3 and our hurt.. 

28 minutes ago, BigDanTeague said:

Morris deserves a lot of credit tonight.

Yes he does, they had to somewhat respect the deep ball tonite which was refreshing to see.

25 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Morris isn't the future. But he did all right tonight. I am glad he got that start and win on his senior night. I am sure that will be big for him when he looks back at his football career in a few years.

That said seeing one series of Quinn Shanbour would not have angered me.

Agreed with it being Nice Morris got a W to stick it to everyone on here that is a hater to him..

but that game was a lot closer than it shoulda been. Stupid turnovers that weren't Morris fault and the players not lining up correct was terrible.. more attention to detail is needed! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

To be clear I don't hate Morris. I believed he could have stayed in bounds and made the first down. It's plays like that that can cost you a game if your not careful. We came back and won and I am elated! :)

No stupid flags and even more costly turn overs.. and at times very questionable play calling.. I would much rather have him go out of bounds then risk it like mason does at times

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

No stupid flags and even more costly turn overs.. and at times very questionable play calling.. I would much rather have him go out of bounds then risk it like mason does at times

I agree, however he had the field wide up and could have at least kept the clock running.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

For a team that went 1-11 last year we sure do a lot of complaining when things are going good but not great. Everything that is happening this year is gravy. Enjoy it. 

Agree.

It's a miracle what this staff has done. Sixty-eight scholarship players. At the FBS level. And you enter the final regular-season game playing for bowl eligibility.

Folks need some perspective.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, cdizzle86 said:

Didn't read this thread because I have a feeling there's a lot of bashing, but Morris deserves credit tonight. He got us our 5th win and and giant step closer to bowl eligibility. Thank you, Alec!

Which begs the question. Do you stay with Morris next week, or go back to Fine who may or may not be 100%. Kind of like the Dak/Romo situation on a smaller scale.

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not sure who our QB will be for our last game. I haven't looked into any new on Fine's injury. But Morris can very well lead this team to a last win bowl eligibility game. The dude had a lot on his plate last night and for a lot of people, thought So. Miss was going to mop the floor with UNT. Morris stepped up and showed us that he is a leader. I'm glad he has been around all this time to help coach Fine.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I'm not sure who our QB will be for our last game. I haven't looked into any new on Fine's injury. But Morris can very well lead this team to a last win bowl eligibility game. The dude had a lot on his plate last night and for a lot of people, thought So. Miss was going to mop the floor with UNT. Morris stepped up and showed us that he is a leader. I'm glad he has been around all this time to help coach Fine.

Coach in his press conf summed up Morris. He is still obviously a high character guy and a good football player! Think of the past back up qbs we have had! Thanks Alec! GMG 

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

We are 5-6.  Read that again...5-6.  Not 1-10, or 2-9, or 3-8, or...

And Alec Morris came here as a heralded Alabama transfer.  Vito (and some of us) spent all off-season talking about how his pedigree and size would finally give us a "real" D1 quarterback.  Things didn't quite work out and he lost his starting job.  And how did he respond?  He mentored the kid who took his job all year and, when he was called on late in the season, HE DID HIS DAMN JOB.  

I don't give a rat's ass about whether he ran out of bounds on one play where he could have gained more yards.  I really don't. That is just plain weak to bring it up.  This young MAN acted like one when met with adversity this season...and because of it we are one win from bowl eligibility in a season that many of our die hards wrote off in August.  

I'm beginning to think we don't get nice things because we collectivly don't deserve them

Safe to say the the coaches will bring it up to him. Are they "weak" too?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Safe to say the the coaches will bring it up to him. Are they "weak" too?

So you're equating the coaches, who will bring it up as a point of correction among the LITANY of issues we had as a team last night, to internet commandos who brought it up to cast aspersions with no sense of context?  

Well, in that light, my answer would be a simple and sadly redundant "no"  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1