Uniform Tweaks?

James329

It look like they got rid of the black stripe that goes from the armpits front to back on the bottom of the should pad numbers. Also looks like they got rid of shoulder pad numbers all together. Cleaner look. I still prefer the boring old jerseys to this but if we go to a bowl game this season, look for an overhaul of the gear to more of a modern look (just a guess at what Littrell would want to do to make the program his own just a bit more). These look so much better. I still hate the freaking triangular patch at the front but that goes with the primary design of the jersey. I think we should just have that be green like the rest of the uniform and not worry about it but it is what it is. Short sleeves make me feel better about the uniform. I feel like the sleeves were a disadvantage last season cause it gives blockers a little something to hold on to.

Edited by MeanGreen13
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like this younger look so much better, great job Littrell!  Like the white helmets a lot too.  Hopefully next year he has us rocking in all new hype treads. Great for recruiting with all the social media pics and all.   Like the direction of this new group, they get it! ?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreen01 said:

I like this younger look so much better, great job Littrell!  Like the white helmets a lot too.  Hopefully next year he has us rocking in all new hype treads. Great for recruiting with all the social media pics and all.   Like the direction of this new group, they get it! ?

Yeah.  If you remember, our last spread offense minded head coach liked going with the white helmets as well.  

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I'm pretty sure we're wearing the same exact unis as last year. If we actually spent tens of thousands of dollars to tweak those dumpster fire of uniforms than we're dumber than I thought. 

The jersey shown in that picture has drastic differences to the normal one. Mainly the numbers, the patch, the stripes, and the neckline (showing we are using a different level of Nike uniforms). Also white helmet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I just brought that uniform and this uniform up side by side.  They don't much look similar at all.  Hopefully, we'll win more than 14% of our games in the new(ish) look.

If I remember right, it was said (not sure if confirmed) that Dodge preferred the white helmets because they were easier for the QB to find/see in a pass heavy offense.  Not sure if that's really a thing or not. 

• Upvote 2

I hate to say it, guys, but my money says we're wearing the exact same unis as last year.

As you can see, the triangle/shield thing on the jersey last year did say "North Texas." They clearly changed the number on the Twitter pic to 16 (for 2016...it took me too long to put 2 and 2 together, trust me). So it makes sense that a lazy person would just scrap the numbers on the shoulders. As for the number being bigger - again, laziness. They probably just threw the numbers on there not thinking that anyone would fact check the proportional size to the actual jersey.

Not that I care one way or the other, but I thought I might offer up a "pump the breaks" to anyone really looking forward to seeing a different look on Saturday. Just drink a lot - the unis will look different. And, if you're like me, your muscle memory from last season will probably tell you that's what you're supposed to do at UNT football games anyway. DISCLAIMER: I think we go 5-7 including a WHOOPING on SMU this Saturday!!!

november-14-2015-damarcus-smith-10-of-th

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tyler Maryak said:

I hate to say it, guys, but my money says we're wearing the exact same unis as last year.

As you can see, the triangle/shield thing on the jersey last year did say "North Texas." They clearly changed the number on the Twitter pic to 16 (for 2016...it took me too long to put 2 and 2 together, trust me). So it makes sense that a lazy person would just scrap the numbers on the shoulders. As for the number being bigger - again, laziness. They probably just threw the numbers on there not thinking that anyone would fact check the proportional size to the actual jersey.

Not that I care one way or the other, but I thought I might offer up a "pump the breaks" to anyone really looking forward to seeing a different look on Saturday. Just drink a lot - the unis will look different. And, if you're like me, your muscle memory from last season will probably tell you that's what you're supposed to do at UNT football games anyway. DISCLAIMER: I think we go 5-7 including a WHOOPING on SMU this Saturday!!!

Yes, they had the triangle on the white unis last year, but not on the green. 

UNT2-988x556.jpg

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Tyler Maryak said:

The uniform change comes in the form of number font change, numbers on top of shoulder pads being removed (which is HORRIBLE to have them on there), much shorter sleeves (needed improvement), the triangle change, and maybe most importantly....They aren't wearing green on green because that look is just yuck. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

The jersey shown in that picture has drastic differences to the normal one. Mainly the numbers, the patch, the stripes, and the neckline (showing we are using a different level of Nike uniforms). Also white helmet.

We had the white helmets last year. 

You might be right, my point is just that it'd be a HUGE waste of money to buy a whole new set of unis with a couple small adjustments compared to the originals that were universally hated. Why not just get a new look that everyone likes?

• Upvote 2