**Important Meeting for All UNT Alumni, Boosters and Fans**

Harry

5 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I wonder if people attending are prepared to hear "Nah, we won't do that"

Not how this works. They will most likely listen, ask a few questions, take a S ton of notes, and then decide themselves at a later date what is and isn't relevant in the AD search. 

The most important thing is that they appear to be willing to listen. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

I hope we make this meeting like a pep rally because summer screams energy and optimism.  

Make them realize our small but passionate fanbase when grown with the right AD choice is going to be a thing of beauty!

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In business if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. I hope that all EAGLE fans who feel they have been on the outside looking in  take advantage of this opportunity to voice their opinion , and  I applaud the University for creating a forum to do just that.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, NM Green said:

I hope we make this meeting like a pep rally because summer screams energy and optimism.  

Make them realize our small but passionate fanbase when grown with the right AD choice is going to be a thing of beauty!

GMG

This isn't the purpose of this meeting. It's to address real, hard problems from a paying fan's perspective. 

This isn't a high school pep rally. 

Jeez. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

25 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

This isn't the purpose of this meeting. It's to address real, hard problems from a paying fan's perspective. 

This isn't a high school pep rally. 

Jeez. 

Big all hands meeting tomorrow, guys. We really need to bring big ideas and talk seriously about the future.

Er, derr herp, derr. Can we all come? Can we have booze? Will you bring a pep band? 

Buncha low rent Gavin Belsons.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

this sounds suspiciously like the employee opinion surveys we have at my place of employment. Management says they'll look at the results of the survey and make changes accordingly. I'm assuming the results get thrown away because nothing ever changes or management makes the changes they were going to make anyway.

Hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 2

There is an email out addressed to MGC members this morning from Michael Sicuro and Trip Kuehne:

The University of North Texas athletics program has reached a critical juncture in its history. At this moment, UNT needs your input and support to make the athletic department the very best it can be in the future. Our alumni, boosters, and former athletes are the lifeblood of the program. During this time of transition, it is extremely important for us to hear from you personally so that you have a voice in the restructuring process. 

As consultants to UNT President Neal Smatresk for UNT Athletics, Michael A. Sicuro and Trip Kuehne personally invite you to participate in an open forum to be held on the Club Level of Apogee Stadium on Monday, June 27. This candid, honest discussion regarding the state of the athletic department and program will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will continue until everyone is heard. The program will begin with comments and a brief Q&A session with head men’s basketball coach Tony Benford and head football coach Seth Littrell. The goal of this meeting is to identify issues of concern and outline steps to better engage, involve, and communicate with those passionate about UNT athletics. We expect a full house, lively discussion and hope that this open forum will begin to unite our fan base.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

There is an email out addressed to MGC members this morning from Michael Sicuro and Trip Kuehne:

The University of North Texas athletics program has reached a critical juncture in its history. At this moment, UNT needs your input and support to make the athletic department the very best it can be in the future. Our alumni, boosters, and former athletes are the lifeblood of the program. During this time of transition, it is extremely important for us to hear from you personally so that you have a voice in the restructuring process. 

As consultants to UNT President Neal Smatresk for UNT Athletics, Michael A. Sicuro and Trip Kuehne personally invite you to participate in an open forum to be held on the Club Level of Apogee Stadium on Monday, June 27. This candid, honest discussion regarding the state of the athletic department and program will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will continue until everyone is heard.
The program will begin with comments and a brief Q&A session with head men’s basketball coach Tony Benford and head football coach Seth Littrell. The goal of this meeting is to identify issues of concern and outline steps to better engage, involve, and communicate with those passionate about UNT athletics. We expect a full house, lively discussion and hope that this open forum will begin to unite our fan base.

Uh,  This part of the show is not going to go well.  

They gonna be selling popcorn at this thing?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You said what I was thinking. :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EagleMBA said:

As consultants to UNT President Neal Smatresk for UNT Athletics, Michael A. Sicuro and Trip Kuehne personally invite you to participate in an open forum to be held on the Club Level of Apogee Stadium on Monday, June 27. This candid, honest discussion regarding the state of the athletic department and program will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will continue until everyone is heard.
The program will begin with comments and a brief Q&A session with head men’s basketball coach Tony Benford and head football coach Seth Littrell. The goal of this meeting is to identify issues of concern and outline steps to better engage, involve, and communicate with those passionate about UNT athletics. We expect a full house, lively discussion and hope that this open forum will begin to unite our fan base.

I don't want to have a bitch session about win/losses with coaches. I want to have a "systems and/or culture conversation" with either decision makers or people that have the immediate ear of decision makers.

Here is a relevant question for someone to ask either Smatresk or his representative........"when does the audit of the athletic department begin?" 

Because if I was a serious candidate for the job, I would not agree to take over the department until after an audit was done......by an outside agency.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

2 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

I don't want to have a bitch session about win/losses with coaches. I want to have a "systems and/or culture conversation" with either decision makers or people that have the immediate ear of decision makers.

Here is a relevant question for someone to ask either Smatresk or his representative........"when does the audit of the athletic department begin?" 

Because if I was a serious candidate for the job, I would not agree to take over the department until after an audit was done......by an outside agency.

Yep... 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

I second this motion. 

This really needs to be about what  is going to happen GOING FORWARD. If you want to use stories as examples of what needs fixing, that's fine, but make sure to put it in that context.

This isn't a forum for every personal issue you have ever had with an AD employee. It's to address major AD issues going forward. Please keep that in mind.

And an audit 100% needs to be done, and the quicker the better.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I second this motion. 

This really needs to be about what  is going to happen GOING FORWARD. If you want to use stories as examples of what needs fixing, that's fine, but make sure to put it in that context.

This isn't a forum for every personal issue you have ever had with an AD employee. It's to address major AD issues going forward. Please keep that in mind.

And an audit 100% needs to be done, and the quicker the better.

My issues with operations and the ticket office are well known on this board.  I'm trying to figure out how to present that in a respectful manner, assuming there is indeed an open forum and I get a moment to speak.  

• Upvote 3