**Important Meeting for All UNT Alumni, Boosters and Fans**

Harry

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

My issues with operations and the ticket office are well known on this board.  I'm trying to figure out how to present that in a respectful manner, assuming there is indeed an open forum and I get a moment to speak.  

Again, this reinforces the need for an audit. 

The info I have is everyone will get to say their piece. It will NOT be like this board. I'm sure some will just come to listen. You will certainly have a chance, and your experiences are the types of things they need to hear.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Again, this reinforces the need for an audit. 

The info I have is everyone will get to say their piece. It would be like this board. I'm sure some will just come to listen. You will certainly have a chance, and your experiences are the types of things they need to hear.

The fact that oldguy didn't get the email would imply that his address was not included.

200.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I didn't get it either. Still going.

Here's where it came from...

Michael A. Sicuro and Trip Kuehne <advancement@unt.edu>

On 6/22/2016 at 10:49 AM, Harry said:
Attention -- All North Texas Mean Green Athletics Alumni, Boosters and Fans:

The University of North Texas needs your feedback so we can work together to make our athletic program the very best it can be.   Our fans are the foundation of the program and it is extremely important they provide input during our restructuring process.

You are invited to participate in an open meeting being held at the Club level of Apogee Stadium on June 27, 2016 at 6:30pm.  This meeting will provide for an open, honest discussion regarding the state of the athletic department.   The goal of the meeting will be to outline steps which will better engage and involve our alumni, boosters, fans and their families.

I realize that not everyone will get this message, so please help us by passing this invitation along to everyone you know, via facebook, twitter and social media.  Please let them know how important their feedback is to us.   This is a critical juncture in the history of our athletic program and your input and support is very much appreciated.

Go Mean Green!

I'll be there! 

On 6/22/2016 at 0:39 PM, Quoner said:

Periscope for out of towners?

I bet we could get something done!

On 6/22/2016 at 2:27 PM, greenjoe said:

Sorry to post again, however, is there a way this meeting could be video recorded and made available here for the not-so-close-to-Denton impaired ? 

Joe, I have a Periscope account and do not mind putting it on there.  The only problem with Periscope is the sound.  Again, I do NOT mind doing the Periscope for our fellow out of towners. @Harry anyway you could talk to Mr. Kuehne and ask if that would be permissible?

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, NM Green said:

I hope we make this meeting like a pep rally because summer screams energy and optimism.  

Make them realize our small but passionate fanbase when grown with the right AD choice is going to be a thing of beauty!

GMG

Look no further than HOD bowl game day..... that place was ROCKING 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, GMG24 said:

I'll be there! 

I bet we could get something done!

Joe, I have a Periscope account and do not mind putting it on there.  The only problem with Periscope is the sound.  Again, I do NOT mind doing the Periscope for our fellow out of towners. @Harry anyway you could talk to Mr. Kuehne and ask if that would be permissible?

I don't think video recording this event or live streaming it is at all appropriate. This is an in person, honest discussion. I don't think the people putting this on and some fans attending would be comfortable with this idea, and for some pretty good reasons.

Make the event or don't, but for God's sake, don't make a public spectacle of it.

EDIT: besides, does anyone really want the current members of the AD watching a periscope feed?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 4

7 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I don't think video recording this event or live streaming it is at all appropriate. This is an in person, honest discussion. I don't think the people putting this on and some fans attending would be comfortable with this idea, and for some pretty good reasons.

Make the event or don't, but for God's sake, don't make a public spectacle of it.

EDIT: besides, does anyone really want the current members of the AD watching a periscope feed?

I think transparency is critical at this juncture.  Just my 0.02

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, UNT90 said:

You've screamed from the rooftop for transparency.  I am offering to help keep the hundreds of thousands of alumni in the state informed and several who have NO way possible to attend.  I don't see why this being on Periscope would be a bad thing, if this is an honest civil forum.  Maybe we have different view points but I just don't see why this could be seen as negative? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

You've screamed from the rooftop for transparency.  I am offering to help keep the hundreds of thousands of alumni in the state informed and several who have NO way possible to attend.  I don't see why this being on Periscope would be a bad thing, if this is an honest civil forum.  Maybe we have different view points but I just don't see why this could be seen as negative? 

As one who lives about 10 hours away, I'm among those who have no reasonable way to attend.  But I have mixed feeling about what you're talking about.  I wouldn't mind being able to watch the meeting, or at least some of it, online.  But streaming the discussion that takes place has the potential to put the kibosh on open discussion.

Those in attendance will generally know who else is in attendance.  If it's streamed online, those in attendance will have no way of knowing who will be watching.  If they aren't comfortable speaking openly, they won't speak openly.  It seems more important to me that those who are present have a productive discussion.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

As one who lives about 10 hours away, I'm among those who have no reasonable way to attend.  But I have mixed feeling about what you're talking about.  I wouldn't mind being able to watch the meeting, or at least some of it, online.  But streaming the discussion that takes place has the potential to put the kibosh on open discussion.

Those in attendance will generally know who else is in attendance.  If it's streamed online, those in attendance will have no way of knowing who will be watching.  If they aren't comfortable speaking openly, they won't speak openly.  It seems more important to me that those who are present have a productive discussion.

This. There are people who expressed opinions in private conversations that NEVER post these feelings publicly, and they have very good reasons. 

Putting this on periscope where anyone can watch will limit conversation. And looking at it from the perspective of the people putting it on, it could be considered an attempt to air dirty laundry publicly, which I'm quite sure is not what they view the purpose of this meeting being about. 

Take notes and report back if you want, but broadcasting this for anyone to see wont be received well by a number of people, I would think.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

This. There are people who expressed opinions in private conversations that NEVER post these feelings publicly, and they have very good reasons. 

Putting this on periscope where anyone can watch will limit conversation. And looking at it from the perspective of the people putting it on, it could be considered an attempt to air dirty laundry publicly, which I'm quite sure is not what they view the purpose of this meeting being about. 

Take notes and report back if you want, but broadcasting this for anyone to see wont be received well by a number of people, I would think.

Fair enough. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I made the suggestion as a joke because this sounded like the ultimate circle drill, but do you mean the same stuff posted endlessly by the same 30 people for 15 years needs a safe zone so no one feels scared? Are secrets coming out this meeting? Is someone going to show where on the doll the ticket office touched them? 

I look forward to the same translated game of telephone that we had after weeping weird McCarney, but with much more vigor. If the people in charge don't want it, they simply say "hey, don't do that" before it even starts. Outside of specific and unnecessary gossip about RV himself (or another person or two), I can't imagine anything they don't have a handle on at this point. If I'm wrong, let me know.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Quoner said:

I made the suggestion as a joke because this sounded like the ultimate circle drill, but do you mean the same stuff posted endlessly by the same 30 people for 15 years needs a safe zone so no one feels scared? Are secrets coming out this meeting? Is someone going to show where on the doll the ticket office touched them? 

I look forward to the same translated game of telephone that we had after weeping weird McCarney, but with much more vigor. If the people in charge don't want it, they simply say "hey, don't do that" before it even starts. Outside of specific and unnecessary gossip about RV himself (or another person or two), I can't imagine anything they don't have a handle on at this point. If I'm wrong, let me know.

I hope this isn't a bitch session, and I don't think it will be. I don't think "they" have a handle on it at all. I think the picture is being brought into focus. If they had a complete handle on it, an audit of the AD would already be underway (maybe it is and we don't know about it, but I doubt it).

Those in power saw a different side of the AD than fans, because that's what the last AD allowed them to see. It's apparent by how many supporters that former AD still has. 

How would "they" know that many fans found it hard to get the athletoc department to accept their money?  To return their phone calls when they tried to give money? And a hundred other issues. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I hope this isn't a bitch session, and I don't think it will be. I don't think "they" have a handle on it at all. I think the picture is being brought into focus. If they had a complete handle on it, an audit of the AD would already be underway (maybe it is and we don't know about it, but I doubt it).

Those in power saw a different side of the AD than fans, because that's what the last AD allowed them to see. It's apparent by how many supporters that former AD still has. 

How would "they" know that many fans found it hard to get the athletoc department to accept their money?  To return their phone calls when they tried to give money? And a hundred other issues. 

So, they never read customer complaints or experienced any of this themselves until you guys peeled back the curtain, but still arranged his exit and spent a ton of money...on a dare? To impress UCRM? 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Quoner said:

So, they never read customer complaints or experienced any of this themselves until you guys peeled back the curtain, but still arranged his exit and spent a ton of money...on a dare? To impress UCRM? 

I think the exit had far more to do with poor hires and poor on the field/court performance of the revenue sports programs.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we will be told an external audit is in the process of being completed. Do you really think that is occurring? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

For those who can attend and especially for those who cannot, what points or questions do you want raised? Perhaps somebody can recap the meaningful responses and present to the discussion leader(s). Just to start, I will toss out a few:

• How are UNT athletics viewed by the Board of Regents? How strong is their support?
  • Do we keep strong P5 (body bag) scheduling (1) strictly for revenue or (2) to raise UNT competitiveness? 
  • If we can get competitive division FBS games, should we be willing to buy off currently scheduled FCS games?
  • Viability and future of Conference USA? Of course, UNT can help by being more competitive in revenue sports.
  • What should a new AD do to boost attendance and season ticket participation? Does consistent winning need to come first?
  • What can be done to accelerate return of baseball to UNT?
  • Does it really matter if UNT90 is ever happy with UNT athletics? 
Edited by rws69
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, rws69 said:

For those who can attend and especially for those who cannot, what points or questions do you want raised? Perhaps somebody can recap the meaningful responses and present to the discussion leader(s). Just to start, I will toss out a few:

• How are UNT athletics viewed by the Board of Regents? How strong is their support?
  • Do we keep strong P5 (body bag) scheduling (1) strictly for revenue or (2) to raise UNT competitiveness? 
  • If we can get competitive division FBS games, should we be willing to buy off currently scheduled FCS games?
  • Viability and future of Conference USA? Of course, UNT can help by being more competitive in revenue sports.
  • What should a new AD do to boost attendance and season ticket participation? Does consistent winning need to come first?
  • What can be done to accelerate return of baseball to UNT?
  • Does it really matter if UNT90 is ever happy with UNT athletics? 

Ah, the weird focus on me yet again. 

What is wrong with you people? 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

• Harry pinned this topic

This meeting is a very common tool for a consultant to gather requirements and feedback from customers. 

Do not expect the consultants themselves to take any action from the meeting. They will collect the data, scrub it a little and present to the sponsor (assumed to be Pres Smatresk and possibly the BMDs). 

I wouldn't get too caught up in conspiracy stuff. Take it at face value, which is a chance to share your experience as well as some suggestion on where the process can be improved in your opinion. 

4 hours ago, meanrob said:

Personally, I think this meeting is a complete waste of time. 

No doubt that this is a very real possibility. But if they have this meeting and then just give up and name Hank as AD, it will tell me that they will get zero more money from me and I'll find other things to do with my fall Saturdays. 

Ignoring constructive criticizism and ideas for improvement going forward would be extremely short sighted, but then again, this is UNT.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3