Good Start

Coach Bill Lewis

LSU backup LB who was recruited by Coach Wilson is transferring to UTSA. He has already graduated, but still has 2 years of eligibility left because he graduated in just 3 years and red-shirted one year. Some info on him...

- Earned a four-star rating from both ESPN.com and Scout.com
- Rated as the No. 3 overall prospect in Louisiana by ESPN.com, No. 15 by 247sports.com, and No. 18 by Rivals.com
- Ranked as the nation’s 11th best linebacker prospect by ESPN.com, No. 25 by Scout.com and No. 34 by Rivals.com
- Member of the ESPNU Top 150 and the 2012 Press-Register Super Southeast 120
- Participated in the Under Armour All-American game in January
- Named to the New Orleans Times-Picayune Blue Chip list

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBGIHWtOd7f/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Coach Bill Lewis said:

LSU backup LB who was recruited by Coach Wilson is transferring to UTSA. He has already graduated, but still has 2 years of eligibility left because he graduated in just 3 years and red-shirted one year. Some info on him...

- Earned a four-star rating from both ESPN.com and Scout.com
- Rated as the No. 3 overall prospect in Louisiana by ESPN.com, No. 15 by 247sports.com, and No. 18 by Rivals.com
- Ranked as the nation’s 11th best linebacker prospect by ESPN.com, No. 25 by Scout.com and No. 34 by Rivals.com
- Member of the ESPNU Top 150 and the 2012 Press-Register Super Southeast 120
- Participated in the Under Armour All-American game in January
- Named to the New Orleans Times-Picayune Blue Chip list

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBGIHWtOd7f/

Are you trying to throw gas on our recruiting situation?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Mac got one of those highly recruited linebackers from Oregon.  Turns out the kid couldn't play worth a lick.  

That isn't a fair assessment of his role this past season. He started several games for our team. Lets be fair, especially with a player that was a major contributor on our defense.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

That isn't a fair assessment of his role this past season. He started several games for our team. Lets be fair, especially with a player that was a major contributor on our defense.

Note that I never said he didn't play.   I said he couldn't play.  Yeah, he got on the field a lot, especially after Bean went down with an injury.  When he did play he wasn't good.   He was too slow reacting and too slow moving.  An old coach used to say "If you can move quick, be quick moving".  He was neither. The point isn't to bash on this player but just that those highly rated transfers may be be what their ranking would have you be believe. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Note that I never said he didn't play.   I said he couldn't play.  Yeah, he got on the field a lot, especially after Bean went down with an injury.  When he did play he wasn't good.   He was too slow reacting and too slow moving.  An old coach used to say "If you can move quick, be quick moving".  He was neither. The point isn't to bash on this player but just that those highly rated transfers may be be what their ranking would have you be believe. 

Yep, there is a reason he is transferring to a lower level. The kid from Oregon was probably higher rates than this kid and was a disappointment at UNT, as many a highly rated transfer has been (Feldt comes immediately to mind). This is why I'm not too excited about Morris or English. 

Usually the reason they transfer down is they can't break through the depth chart at P5 U. Then the have the same problem at G5 U. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Yep, there is a reason he is transferring to a lower level. The kid from Oregon was probably higher rates than this kid and was a disappointment at UNT, as many a highly rated transfer has been (Feldt comes immediately to mind). This is why I'm not too excited about Morris or English. 

Usually the reason they transfer down is they can't break through the depth chart at P5 U. Then the have the same problem at G5 U. 

English is a different story though. He didn't transfer because of playing time. He wanted to be near his father who has cancer. Big difference. I am very excited about him.

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

English is a different story though. He didn't transfer because of playing time. He wanted to be near his father who has cancer. Big difference. I am very excited about him.

Quite possibly could be. Time will tell. He could fall into the Marcus Trice catagory. 

Im just leery of any P5 transfer. Usually doesn't work out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Quite possibly could be. Time will tell. He could fall into the Marcus Trice catagory. 

Im just leery of any P5 transfer. Usually doesn't work out.

Hey 90, I have a question I think you could answer. Where can I go to get recruiting info on UNT? I come here to get info and this site doesnt appear to function as a resource as much as a cage match. The rivals site was very dated last time I looked. I'm trying to get up to speed and nsd is this week.  Thanks.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, UTSA Fan said:

Hey 90, I have a question I think you could answer. Where can I go to get recruiting info on UNT? I come here to get info and this site doesnt appear to function as a resource as much as a cage match. The rivals site was very dated last time I looked. I'm trying to get up to speed and nsd is this week.  Thanks.

We dont have one. The only way for a fan base to get constant recruiting coverage is to have a site associated with a network and enough subscribers to warrant hiring manpower to cover it.

32 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Lol ... are you new to the internet?

There is the recruiting forum on this board but I don't know anywhere else.  We do have a few guys on this board who are very well connected. 

I guess this is the best place then. I didn't know if maybe there was someone who was a dedicated resource that was a twitter jockey who kept info going real time. Thanks for the help. And no, I'm not new to the internet, AL Gore stole my idea.