Grade the Littrell Hire V2

Cerebus

AT THIS MOMENT: What grade do you give the Littrell hire.  

121 members have voted

1. 1. AT THIS MOMENT: What grade do you give the Littrell hire.

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C+
    • C
    • C-
    • F

Now that the staff is mostly complete, but before NSD, it's time to do the second of these polls.    Here is the first, if you want to compare results.  

Please remember:

• Yes, it's early, too early to give a real grade.  This is more of a snapshot of how the fanbase feels about Littrell AT THIS TIME.
  • Results are anonymous (except to mods).
  • There will be follow ups after NSD and after spring ball.  I'll decide whether to do them in season depending on usage.
  • There is no D, get over it, have a real opinion.
  • There will be graphs and trendlines at a later date. 

---------------

ETA:

Here are the results from the first poll:

YNoz5fI.gif

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 1

I gave the guy an A, knowing he has no wins as a UNT coach, for his hires and for his attractiveness to players and potential transfers.  I did NOT expect to have this much hope for next season.

Back to reality, no wins, young staff, and risky transfers.  But that is a lot better than this time last year.  If he comes out of camp with a quarterback, we will be on the road to top 100 and hopefully rising each subsequent year.  A for Hope.

• Upvote 3

Still a B to B-. I like some of the things he is doing, but I still don't sense the energy out of the AD and on campus that needs to be instilled. He obviously has 0 wins as a head coach, but he did manage to hire an OC that has more name appeal than his own and that will eventually work out for him on the recruiting trail. I am not entirely certain on the DC. 3-3-5 seems exciting to watch, but there is a lot of uncertainty. 

Still to early to judge, so I will stay with a b+.  Nothing has happened to move the needle either way.  Transfers are promising but want to wait for the whole class to be mostly filled before rating recruiting.  I like the staff overall, but with two new coordinators; it is a wait and see.  

Edited by GrandGreen

My opinion hasn't changed, after weighing the positives and negatives since the last vote...B+. I'm happy with signs of recruiting life and my perception of his strategy there. I generally like the coaching hires but the defensive guys are going to have to show me what they've got because I'm underwhelmed.

I'm poised to revise my grade upward, based on final recruiting results and some glimpse of what the defense will look like. I like Littrell's style!

Edited by EagleMBA

Still waiting for you to list the proper grade: which would be I. 

I think you should do these polls every month. They will average an A shortly after national signing day (no matter how good the class is), may dip slightly in spring practice before a strong rebound in the summer. 

The poll will fall off a cliff after the SMU game and remain there most of the fall.

then some will call for his firing come lake November...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

4 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Please remember:

• Yes, it's early, too early to give a real grade.  This is more of a snapshot of how the fanbase feels about Littrell AT THIS TIME.

Seems as though Cerebus knows it too early to give a grade, but wanted a poll to track how opinions change over time. 

Though it's normal and expected that we'd be enthusiastic about a new coach, I think most of us are even more excited than normal because of the who we hired and how his staff appears to be coming together.  Frankly, I think we made a better hire than other schools that I would consider our equals if not bigger/better than us. 

I think 90 is pretty accurate, but I hope he is wrong about the "falling off a cliff" after the SMU game.  I think most people are at least somewhat realistic as to where the program is at.  I mean, I'm called an optimist because I predict a 4 win season next year.  The bar is obviously very low and I hope people will base this year on improvement rather than wins/losses.

• Upvote 2