Is this the fifth 10-loss season in school history?

BillySee58

According to Sports Reference this is our 5th 10-loss season in school history, but they only go back the last 51 seasons. Three were under Dodge and now this one, and the one listed before that was in 1972. Did we have any prior to that?

If not, that means four out of the five have come from seasons started by RV's two hires. 80% of our 10-loss seasons. While just 9 out of the 100 seasons in school history have started with RV hires at the helm (9%). Call this an anti-RV thread if you want, I just was curious seeing this while looking at our all-time record.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/north-texas/

• Upvote 5

Thank you. Well, according to this we didn't have any 10-loss seasons prior to 1972.

Well, go back and see how many games were in a season back then.  It was the mid 2000s when they went from 11 to 12 games, right?  So before then, a 10 loss season would've been rather unlikely.  I think going in to the early 70s, they may have played even fewer games.

• Upvote 1

Losing games by an average of 31.7 points.  

Cosh is a loser and needs to GTFO of Denton the very day of our last game.  Good old boys like him have been floating from place to place never putting up results but instead sticking around long enough to prove how much he sucks and then go leach off of some other poor team.

10/10 Post. Would read again. 

• Upvote 1

Well, go back and see how many games were in a season back then.  It was the mid 2000s when they went from 11 to 12 games, right?  So before then, a 10 loss season would've been rather unlikely.  I think going in to the early 70s, they may have played even fewer games.

Good point. Still, this is the third time we've reached 10 losses in 11 games. Two of the three have happened under RV.

I believe the switch to 12 games happened for the 2001 and 2002 seasons, then they went back to 11 for a few seasons, then made the switch permanently in 2006.

Edited by BillySee58

I assume you all are aware of this handy reference when searching for stats. For convenience and as a public service I am posting the link here.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ntex/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2015-16/misc_non_event/2015FootballFactBookFinalColor.pdf

• Upvote 1

We are witnessing history--this is our worst team. There's no way we would even have a win if it hadn't been for UTSA rolling out there 4th and 5th string QBs, allowing us to beat them by one TD at home.

This team has quit on the university and the fans. There has been no worse season to sit thru ever than this one. Not one loss has been even close. I suspect UTEP will beat us in a similar fashion this week.

They mentioned the same thing on the radio broadcast. Pretty discouraging.

If anyone wants to know why I think RV needs to hit the road, it is because of that.

Roll a dice to pick our next head coach. It's better than having that guy pick one for us. He needs to create a climate and a situation where kids want to be here. It's not just about buildings either. Recruiting is not just on coaches.

• Upvote 1

Cosh is an absolute imbecile. This is one of the worst defenses I've ever seen on a purely fundamental level.

Opposing QB's light up his DB's to a tune of 70%, which would be higher if there wasn't so much garbage time, so I certainly hope that he and his DB coaches are long gone after next week. If you could combine all of our opposing QB's into one, that QB would win the Heisman going away. Just pathetic.

Glad that nonsense stopped. Apathy has hit me pretty hard. For the first time in a while I didn't even check the score until a few hours after the game.  

Don't kid yourself there are several fans that want to give him a pass. 

I am just glad there is no chance we have to worry about it now.

I listened to the last qtr but I had phone alerts on. It shows the football IQ here when some thought the defense did something last week instead of recognizing that Tennessee was treating us like were a joke in an exhibition game. Tennessee could have put a hundred on us if they wanted, and yet comments were made as if someone thought we were a play or two from getting upset momentum. 

Don't kid yourself there are several fans that want to give him a pass. 

I am just glad there is no chance we have to worry about it now.

I listened to the last qtr but I had phone alerts on. It shows the football IQ here when some thought the defense did something last week instead of recognizing that Tennessee was treating us like were a joke in an exhibition game. Tennessee could have put a hundred on us if they wanted, and yet comments were made as if someone thought we were a play or two from getting upset momentum. 

That's just delusion. He is responsible for 2 of the 3 QBs he rolled out today. That's enough to take him out of consideration immediately.