THAT'S IT! I'M OUT!!

meangreenbob

How RV can even suggest that Mac was a good coach is beyond everything that is honest and decent. Mac was a loser! His record speaks for itself. Not only that but Mac stole‌ 2.1 million from the University. Mac knows that, RV knows that and most of us on this board knows that. Mac ran this program into the ground. Mac publicly told everyone he couldn't do the job because it was to difficult to recruit to UNT. If you can't do the job and health was an issue then you resign sir! That's what an honest and decent individual does. He doesn't hang around until he destroys the program so he can get fired and bag the "unearned' buyout.  

RV is no better. Same mold, same arrogance. Fifteen years of smoke and mirrors. Honestly, how can these people look themselves in the mirror?

I did not renew our 4 season tickets for basketball this year. First time in many many years. And although it turned my stomach I did renew our 5 season tickets for football this year because of my wife and son's insistence. But NO MORE!! No more donation to the Mean Green Club as well!!

I can no longer be a party to this unethical, immoral, dishonest and incompetent program.

Unless RV is fired my tickets are up for sale!

good luck with that

Yeah.....I didn't renew this year. For the first time in 15 years I haven't been glued to everything UNT athletics. I was holding out hope that I could be turned around once again but I just can't take this guy anymore. 

This is what I think the conversation between RV and the President is like:

Prez: "rick I'm getting some pretty angry letters, what's going on?

Rv: "Neil don't worry about those, they're just some fans on an Internet board, they don't give enough $. Remember my friends I introduced you to and the $ I just brought in. They'll die down or go away. Doesn't matter. The money guys are still with me."

Prez: "Ok, carry on"

I'm not a big donor. I'm a multi year season ticket holder, mg club member and club seat owner. I went away this year and I feel like a weight has been lifted. I've enjoyed watching college football. My wife is a Baylor grad so I've enjoyed following them. 

I left. Others like me are leaving. And they DONT GIVE A DAMN. So who cares. 

So good riddance UNT. You can have Rick Villarreal. You don't need me. 

• Upvote 7

That's really heartbreaking news and so hard to blame you.  But I beg you brave, long suffering men...do not give up.  Do not cede our beloved.  Fight like lions and soar like Eagles!  Our beautiful Green needs us now more than ever.  Rise up and hold your lines!  WE are the Mean Green.  GLORY TO THE GREEN!!!!

• Upvote 6

Bob, it hurts to see you feeling this way and I hate to lose such a longtime passionate fan.  I know this has been a difficult decision for you.

Thanks Harry. As much as I love UNT, the stench coming out of this athletic department has made it very easy. I will still be around here and there. Thank you for all you do for all of us and UNT. Every time I'm over in Richardson in the area where the Wildflower Festival is held I always think of the time our families ran into each other. I still remember the spot. That was back in the nineties. Matt was wearing a UNT jersey and you came over and introduced yourself. That's the day I learned of the infamous gomeangreen. Man was it primitive back them. Haha. But it was a lifeline. It was the flame that kept UNT football alive. Thank you!

• Upvote 5

The tid bits coming out on Twitter have me fuming. I seriously think he has narccistic personality disorder. 

Had to laugh. I looked up the definition and symptoms in the online psych dictionary earlier and there is a loose fit.

• Upvote 1