SMU Fans discuss UNT Game

Harry

Here's the thing....

Nothing matters unless we 1)  Fill the Southern Meth Stadium with GREEN and make it look like a home game for NT and 2) beat Southern Meth into the sand.

GO MEAN GREEN

​....AND THEN come home the next week and fill up Apogee and beat Rice. AND THEN, if we want to look like a legitimate D-1 team, we go up to Iowa on the third week and beat them at home.

• Upvote 1

Why does anyone care what SMU thinks?  Why does anyone care about SMU?

​I don't care what SMU thinks of us anymore than I care about what some Wall Street crook thinks of what I did for a living.

SMU cheats, and does it openly and arrogantly, and yet they are more well thought of in the media's eye than a school that doesn't cheat.

95% of the metroplex population couldn't possibly have anything in common with those arrogant bastards. Yet, if any of those 95% have talented athletes, and both SMU and NT offer them "ships", they are going to encourage their kids to go to SMU rather than NT. It just drives me crazy.

• Upvote 2

Please clarify how SMU is cheating openly in the modern era. 

​I didn't say they cheated in the modern era.......yet.

And if you think it's unfair to call them cheaters for their 80's behavior, then I say it's no more unfair than people calling us a commuter school.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

And if you think it's unfair to call them cheaters for their 80's behavior, then I say it's no more unfair than people calling us a commuter school.

​They got their punishment Silver.  More than anyone else since.  I for one am letting that go.  If anything I feel sorry for them about that.  Especially when I think about Penn State and how easy they got off for what I believe to be a much worse infraction. 

There are plenty of reasons to hate them other than that one.

​I never said that about UNT so why ya gotta be a jerk-dude? We're all friends here.

• Upvote 6

I think he meant in general, it's no less unfair than the weird insults other people throw out.  We've gotten that as well as "community college," which really fits even less because, unlike quite a few other D-1 state schools, we didn't start out as one.

• Upvote 2

dean-scream.jpg

Sorry Silver, had to do it.

​Don't be sorry. Being compared to Howard Dean is a compliment. Being done in by his enthusiasm? What a pathetic commentary about America. 

We could use more people like him on the BOR, the Administration, and ESPECIALLY in the athletic department.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

​They got their punishment Silver.  More than anyone else since.  I for one am letting that go.  If anything I feel sorry for them about that.  Especially when I think about Penn State and how easy they got off for what I believe to be a much worse infraction. 

There are plenty of reasons to hate them other than that one.

And the program who has ALWAYS followed the rules and never cheated, has to be constantly begging for even the smallest scraps of notice from the local media, while $MU gets "pub" all the time. It's only been in the last year or so that the announcers calling our televised games haven't called us NTSU on a regular basis.....although it still happens. 

Call me petty, irrational, and vindictive, but I don't think $MU got enough punishment.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 3

I think he meant in general, it's no less unfair than the weird insults other people throw out.  We've gotten that as well as "community college," which really fits even less because, unlike quite a few other D-1 state schools, we didn't start out as one.

​On top of that, we started out as a private school ourselves 25 years before little newbie smu even held their first classes.  Unlike them, we decided to grow rather than hang with small privates.

• Upvote 1

​HAHAHAHHAHAA so you bring up a "tidbit" of SMU's record after June Jones mentally quit in 2011 until he physically quit in 2014. Good Job meany greeny. Troll on losers.

​I don't care about June Jones, 2011 is when McCarney was hired, and we got a shiny new stadium. What's to troll? Facts are facts.

Other than boasting about spending millions on coaches, what do you have to bring to the table? Not any more than we do.

That's the point. We're both losers right now. Twinsies, if you will. Money, AAC pedigree, and "we're just better" means nothing if you lose.

The only thing I care about when it comes to SMU, is how our recruiting (and eventual production on the field) will compare to Chad's in a few years. Oh and beating SMU.

If you've got anything meaningful, useful, or worthwhile to talk about, welcome. 

• Upvote 3

Or, you know, just don't acknowledge them at all.  Outside the Dallas Morning News, SMU, its students, its alumni, and its sports programs simply don't exist in my world outside knowledge of the paid teams of the early eighties.  I never encounter any of them.  Never hear anything about their school except for the occasional frat house drug/rape/assault news story.  I don't read the Dallas Morning News and couldn't give two rabbit shits what it has to say.  News print, like SMU's football prowess and regional economic influence, is old news.   It seems to me like there are five rich guys sitting around some real estate churning scam somewhere in Dallas wearing gaudy gold rings, wringing hands and throwing money about in hopes of returning to the good ole' days.  

The more scared little brother press people give them on messages boards, even via calling them a bunch of trust fund privileged baby douchebag hooker killers, only serves to legitimize them.  Don't feed the trolls, they cease to exist and the passage over the bridge becomes free of charge and inferiority complex.

• Upvote 1