The AD is such a tease.

The last (only) time we rushed the field at Apogee was after the Indiana win in 2011. I agree there's no home opponents worth rushing the field this year unless one happens to be ranked in the top 25.

What are you talking about? After we beat UTEP to clinch an undefeated regular season everyone should rush the field! :2i8d4ao:

Edited by NorthTexan95

Man, I remember the debates going on here about rushing the field after that win.

The funny thing to me was that in Fouts, there were no such prohibitions, so we trudged wearily, heads hung low under the fireworks of shame across the field after every loss.

Only North Texas would use fireworks in such a way......... :(

Hey, you wanted pageantry! What says pageantry more than post game fireworks?

Yeah, shooting off fireworks after a loss. Leave it to the North Texas administrators/event planners to come up with THAT kind of tradition/pageantry.

Could we put some REAL North Texas people in charge of traditions/celebrations........please.

• Upvote 1

Oldguystudent that is so true about the fireworks! It was fun to get onto the field but I always felt it sure did make Arkie State, La La and Troy fans and players feel GREAT!!!!! Check them out they are celebrating us after we just pummeled them on their turf! The worse would be that tragic last second loss followed by green, red, blue and pink fire in the air - ala Ohio!

Just say no to fireworks after losses.

GMG

Yeah, shooting off fireworks after a loss. Leave it to the North Texas administrators/event planners to come up with THAT kind of tradition/pageantry.

Could we put some REAL North Texas people in charge of traditions/celebrations........please.

For Rangers games they would still fire off the fireworks after the game even if the Rangers lost.

You know what's weird? The fireworks went off after every game: win OR lose! Kinda like how the band played, win or lose; or the cheerleaders cheered, win or lose.

Sounds like pageantry to me.

• Upvote 1

You know what's weird? The fireworks went off after every game: win OR lose! Kinda like how the band played, win or lose; or the cheerleaders cheered, win or lose.

Sounds like pageantry to me.

Pageantry doesn't come from a fireworks launching tube. The only people that like the fireworks at the end of a losing game at Apogee are the children of the fans/spectators.

• Downvote 1