Another great MiniMac performance

H-towngreen

We won, which my wife has told me I should never complain about. As for quarterback play, we need to be much improved next year to (1) win against good teams and (2) generate more excitement, which can generate better attendance. Minimac gives it his best, and he showed more zip on the ball on the ball than I expected early on this season, but whatever his injury is seems to have affected his velocity

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1

7-13 104 1/1

13-19 113 0/2

10-24 153 1/0

Yeah, I know your not the retard-football that others show to be with their continued hatred of our best field general we've had in years and were just posting to an answer so know this post isn't directed at you HT. But there's a reason for those stats and his name is Dan "The Mercury" McCarney.

Dear football retards,...do you not realize Thompsons's coach is McNulty's coach too? The Mercury is fine winning by one point or 35. It does not matter. Each defense is different and the game plan to attack that defends changes according to its strengths and weaknesses and stats don't always dictate that game plan. If we can win in the air then we'll pass. If we can win on the ground we'll rush, and if we can win by punting all day and win on a 2 point safety by our defense at the end of the day then the Mercury will be just as gleeful with that too.

Thompson's game day performances.

Idaho...23-27-0 for 349 yards and 2 TD's

Ohio...31-47-2 for 195 yards and 2 TD's

Ball State....31-47-0 for 274 yards and 1 TD.

#9 Georgia...21-36-1 for 202 yards and 1 TD.

Tulane....29-42-2 for 326 yards and 2 TD's.

Middle..13-19-2 for 113 yards 0 TD's

.........323 yards rushing 3 TD's.....DEAR FOOTBALL TARDS...THERE WAS NO NEED TO PASS IN THIS GAME

La Tech..16-24-1 for 221 yards and 1 TD

S. Miss...18-29-2 for 300 yards and 2 TD's

Rice....7-13-1 for 104 yards and 1 TD

.. Holly smokes, my ass is dark in here so it looks as if Thompson is terrible,,, cause he only called 13 pass plays for himself. Why? Cause he's not running this offense, The Mercury is, and The Mercury realized his defense was playing lights out and put up 6 points on the board, and his Special Teams did the same so he knew they didnt need to pass the ball to beat Rice....THATS WHY!

UTEP...10-24-1 for 154 yards and 1 TD

.... Again, that Thompson is terrible, only 154 yards on 10 completions...we're too effing stupid to notice the 338 yards rushing and 3 TD's cause we're a retard fanbase and don't realize we got The Buick Light on our sidelines now

UTSA....26-46-1 for 239 yards and 1TD.

Tulsa...17-25-1 for 173 yards and 0 TD's

......And again, no TD's for that rag arm Thompson,... We can't see the 385 yards rushing and 5 TD's to realize we didnt need to pass on Tulsa cause our stomachs have no windows for us to see out from

UNLV 22-30-0 for 256 yards and 2 TD's.

The constant bashing of DT is embarrassing. Our problems are much greater than the QB this year. In fact, I'm not sure any problem on the field of play or on the court even ranks in the top three of what ails North Texas right now? Give the QB's a rest!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 9

Mini Mac is on his way to a UNT HOF career next season. And I'm being serious. Take that how you see it.

We won this game because our line and defense finally played like many expected this year. No one thought our qbs would light the world on fire this season, but most thought that the experienced line and running game would ease the transition. We should have had more games like the fau game this season. Hopefully the line and defense can finish strong and minimal can continue to keep the bus in the lanes.

Yeah, I know your not the retard-football that others claim to be with their continued hatred of our best field general we've had in years and were just posting to an answer so know this post isn't directed at you HE. But there's a reason for those stats and his name is Dan "The Mercury" McCarney.

Dear football retards,...do you not realize Thompsons's coach is McNulty's coach too? The Mercury is fine winning by one point or 35. It does not matter. Each defense is different and the game plan to attack that defends changes according to its strengths and weaknesses and stats don't always dictate that game plan. If we can win in the air then we'll pass. If we can win on the ground we'll rush, and if we can win by punting all day and win on a 2 point safety by our defense at the then the end of the day then the Mercury will be just as gleeful with that too.

.........323 yards rushing 3 TD's.....NO NEED TO PASS IN THIS GAME

.. holly smokes Thompson is terrible,,, he only called 13 pass plays for himself. Why? Cause his defense was playing lights out and put up 6 points and his defense did the same and he only needed 13 passes to to help his team beat Rice....THATS WHY!

.... Again, that Thompson is terrible, only 154 yards on 10 completions...we too effing stupid to notice the 338 yards rushing and 3 TD's cause we're a retard fanbase and don't realize we got The Buick Light on our sidelines

......No TD's for that rag arm Thompson,... We can't see the 385 yards rushing and 5 TD's cause out stomachs have no windows to see out from[/b

Rick

No need to even try. They just don't get it.

DT just about always did what he was asked to do. We win Tulane and Ohio if we weren't running the ball unsuccessfully on every 1st and 2nd down in the first half.

Funny that the 3 games referenced were all UNT victories. But that doesn't matter, because it doesn't fit the argument.

Also, I know we won last night, but show me a game where any QB on the current roster lead their team to victory with over 250 yards passing.

You can't, because that game doesn't exist.

This team misses DT terribly. All you have to do is look at La. Tech this year to see what a difference an effective QB makes. This team would be at least 5-4 with DT at the helm.

Those that think this season has gone just hunky dory in the QB department just don't want to admit how terribly wrong they were.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Yeah, I know your not the retard-football that others claim to be with their continued hatred of our best field general we've had in years and were just posting to an answer so know this post isn't directed at you HE. But there's a reason for those stats and his name is Dan "The Mercury" McCarney.

Dear football retards,...do you not realize Thompsons's coach is McNulty's coach too? The Mercury is fine winning by one point or 35. It does not matter. Each defense is different and the game plan to attack that defends changes according to its strengths and weaknesses and stats don't always dictate that game plan. If we can win in the air then we'll pass. If we can win on the ground we'll rush, and if we can win by punting all day and win on a 2 point safety by our defense at the then the end of the day then the Mercury will be just as gleeful with that too.

.........323 yards rushing 3 TD's.....DEAR FOOTBALL TARDS...THERE WAS NO NEED TO PASS IN THIS GAME

.. Holly smokes, my ass is dark in here so it looks as if Thompson is terrible,,, cause he only called 13 pass plays for himself. Why? Cause he's not running this offense, The Mercury is and The Mercury realizes his defense was playing lights out and put up 6 points on the board, and his Special Teams did the same so he knew they didnt need to pass the ball to beat Rice....THATS WHY!

.... Again, that Thompson is terrible, only 154 yards on 10 completions...we're too effing stupid to notice the 338 yards rushing and 3 TD's cause we're a retard fanbase and don't realize we got The Buick Light on our sidelines now

......Again, no TD's for that rag arm Thompson,... We can't see the 385 yards rushing and 5 TD's to realize we didnt need to pass on Tulsa cause our stomachs have no windows for us to see out from[/b

Rick

If we just had last years defense, running game and special teams we would be qualified for a bowl already. Edited by H-towngreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Funny that the 3 games referenced were all UNT victories. But that doesn't matter, because it doesn't fit the argument.

1) you said DT didn't have stat lines like that. He had plenty throughout his career. And this is also comparing victory to victory.

2) it does fit the argument. That the defense, special teams and running game carried the team. DT was an avg QB with the 3 other main areas being way above average.

If you could choose between having DT back or having last years D, Special teams, and running game back which would you choose? Which would get this team further? QB play is further down the list than a lot of other areas.

Edited by H-towngreen
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

No need to even try. They just don't get it.

DT just about always did what he was asked to do. We win Tulane and Ohio if we weren't running the ball unsuccessfully on every 1st and 2nd down in the first half.

Also, I know we won last night, but show me a game where any QB on the current roster lead their team to victory with over 250 yards passing.

You can't, because that game doesn't exist.

This team misses DT terribly. All you have to do is look at La. Tech this year to see what a difference an effective QB makes. This team would be at least 5-4 with DT at the helm.

Those that think this season has gone just hunky dory in the QB department just don't want to admit how terribly wrong they were.

Yeah, let's not mention 2 vital pick sixes that put us out of reach that took place in 2 of those games. Let's leave those out, fits your agenda way better. Let's mention our great running game in some of those games as you did, but let's not reiterate the below 50% completion percentage while pounding the rock with a ton of success. Oh and let's not forget the 8td 10int during conference play of the great HOF season. If you're going to throw stats, throw them equally. What was his completion % in conference play? Like 53%? Quit being clowns and praising mediocracy. Let's strive for better, way better.
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Yeah, let's not mention 2 vital pick sixes that put us out of reach that took place in 2 of those games. Let's leave those out, fits your agenda way better. Let's mention our great running game in some of those games as you did, but let's not reiterate the below 50% completion percentage while pounding the rock with a ton of success. Oh and let's not forget the 8td 10int during conference play of the great HOF season. If you're going to throw stats, throw them equally. What was his completion % in conference play? Like 53%? Quit being clowns and praising mediocracy. Let's strive for better, way better.

What his coach asked him to throw. If you can't handle that then you want a coaching change.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

What his coach asked him to throw. If you can't handle that then you want a coaching change.

Rick

Perhaps maybe coach knew something about what he could and couldn't do against particular teams. I have a hard time believing that if coach believed he could do more that coach Mac wouldn't have given it to him.

• Upvote 5

That's gotta be Air Force's passing stats, right? A bonafide option team, right?? Jees those numbers are very underwhelming.

This is McNulty's team now. I fully expected this to happen, just a helluva lot sooner. Mac's been wanting a DT like QB to take over and he's got one right in the making in AM. Now, that he has his Ol' bus driver, he can concentrate on what he really wants to do, win with defense, running game, & special teams. Buick 2.0 folks.

DW won't take a snap again unless AM gets hurt. Greer has gone the way of Ozzy and is locked away in the doghouse.....

We just witnessed one of the two best played games of the year and it spawned one of the dumbest threads of the year. Thompson doesn't play anymore and had absolutely nothing to do with this or any other games this year. Some of you would be down on any qb, NT has ever had. Maher, Davis, Ramsey, Carlin, Hall, Case, etc.; all had bad games and lots of bad plays.

NT won a game, something I doubted would happen after the first half of the season. With the QB performances NT has had this year, I was happy with what I saw Saturday. It was not great, but it led to the best victory of the year. I wish some of you would pick another position other than QB to analyze. I am sure you would find plenty to criticize with any other player and at least it would be a change.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

1) you said DT didn't have stat lines like that. He had plenty throughout his career. And this is also comparing victory to victory.

2) it does fit the argument. That the defense, special teams and running game carried the team. DT was an avg QB with the 3 other main areas being way above average.

If you could choose between having DT back or having last years D, Special teams, and running game back which would you choose? Which would get this team further? QB play is further down the list than a lot of other areas.

Hardly.

First off, the running game is bad this year because WE DONT HAVE ANY SEMBLANCE OF A PASSING GAME!

Secondly, the defense is much better when the offense can stay in the field. See last night as a PRIME EXAMPLE.

So 2/3rds of your argument relates directly back to QB play.

Explain to me how you think we are just as good at QB when we have used 3 ineffective QBs this season? QBs that couldn't beat out DT last year?

• Downvote 6

We just witnessed one of the two best played games of the year and it spawned one of the dumbest threads of the year. Thompson doesn't play anymore and had absolutely nothing to do with this or any other games this year. Some of you would be down on any qb, NT has ever had. Maher, Davis, Ramsey, Carlin, Hall, Case, etc.; all had bad games and lots of bad plays.

NT won a game, something I doubted would happen after the first half of the season. With the QB performances NT has had this year, I was happy with what I saw Saturday. It was not great, but it led to the best victory of the year. I wish some of you would pick another position other than QB to analyze. I am sure you would find plenty to criticize with any other player and at least it would be a change.

Amen!!

Who cares how we won??? It's a much needed win that could lead to another one next week. Instead of being happy about a 20 point victory we're upset because our QB didn't put up Bryce Petty type stats? Seriously?

I'm not a Mini-Mac fan, but unlike others here, I'm not rooting against him. I don't really care who plays QB as long as were winning. And I don't care if the defense, running game, and special teams are more responsible for the wins than the QB.

Would have rather have had these stats? 15/21 219 1TD 0 INT That's Nick Marshall. Loss

How about: 20/37 291 2 1? Jake Waters. Loss

Or: 36/49 248 0 1? Clint Trickett. Loss

I could continue...

Uhhh...I'd rather have any of those QB's. I'd rather have those QB's backups too. I would probably be tickled pink to have the backups backup as well. I guess I could start talking/complaining about recruiting right about now.

It's bad when I wish we had the backups backup from about half of the P5. Same would be said about last year as I am sure it will be said about next year. How we can't get competence in here at the QB position has me cross-eyed dumbfounded.

• Upvote 1

Would have rather have had these stats? 15/21 219 1TD 0 INT That's Nick Marshall. Loss

How about: 20/37 291 2 1? Jake Waters. Loss

Or: 36/49 248 0 1? Clint Trickett. Loss

I don't see how these numbers are relevant at all. They didn't play against a garbage CUSA opponent. We wouldn't score a point against any of their teams or the teams they played against.

Who cares how we won??? It's a much needed win that could lead to another one next week.

But I do completely agree with this point.

Edited by meangreen15

Uhhh...I'd rather have any of those QB's. I'd rather have those QB's backups too. I would probably be tickled pink to have the backups backup as well. I guess I could start talking/complaining about recruiting right about now.

It's bad when I wish we had the backups backup from about half of the P5. Same would be said about last year as I am sure it will be said about next year. How we can't get competence in here at the QB position has me cross-eyed dumbfounded.

I didn't ask if you'd rather have the QB, I asked if you'd rather have the stats? And a loss. I guess I should have just listed the stats and kept the actual QB unknown.

I don't see how these numbers are relevant at all. They didn't play against a garbage CUSA opponent. We wouldn't score a point against any of their teams or the teams they played against.

There's a reason they didn't play against garbage CUSA, they're Big 12 and SEC. Each game I listed were fairly equal teams playing one another, much like us vs FAU.

My point has nothing to do with the QB's or the teams. I could pick a few high school QB's from Friday or a few NFL QB's from today and make the same point: I don't care if my QB doesn't have an impressive stat line as long as we win. Conversely, I don't care if he fills up the stat sheet if we lose.

I am glad we can agree about the W :thumbsu:

Go Mean Green!!!

• Upvote 1

Ben Gooding, on 09 Nov 2014 - 2:31 PM, said:snapback.png

Rick

OK, you highlighted COMPLETION PERCENTAGE. Call me crazy, but I am pretty sure the coach didn't ask him to throw a certain completion percentage. I am pretty sure any coach would want a 100% completion percentage if they had a choice, regardless of how many times they throw the ball.

• Upvote 1

Maybe we should keep it classy and refrain from calling FAU a "garbage CUSA opponent." They did come into the game with a better overall and conference record than the good old Mean and Green.

• Upvote 2

Maybe we should keep it classy and refrain from calling FAU a "garbage CUSA opponent." They did come into the game with a better overall and conference record than the good old Mean and Green.

I think we're a garbage CUSA team as well, and our record shows it.

our 3 wins are against teams who's combined records are 3-25.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Firefighter Rick and UNT 90 make me hate everything

Ok maybe but remember this: Both of these two are some of the most dedicated fans out there demanding absolute excellence from all areas of Athletic and Academic endeavor. If even 30% of our disenfranchised fan base over the last 20 years even had 1% of their passion for NT sports we would be selling out every home game with plans to expand to 50K seats at apogee.

So yeah, let's keep that in mind. I may not agree with some of what they say but I give major respect for their fan-ness.

• Upvote 3

Ok maybe but remember this: Both of these two are some of the most dedicated fans out there demanding absolute excellence from all areas of Athletic and Academic endeavor. If even 30% of our disenfranchised fan base over the last 20 years even had 1% of their passion for NT sports we would be selling out every home game with plans to expand to 50K seats at apogee.

So yeah, let's keep that in mind. I may not agree with some of what they say but I give major respect for their fan-ness.

I have major respect for them too. I'm just sick of everything coming back to DT on this board. They are the two that week after week keep bringing him up. He's gone, lets move on.

• Upvote 4