UTSA Fans predict C-USA wins and losses

Harry

@ New Mexico: W - but by no means automatic. What concerns me is that we, as a fan base, want this one so much that we're all calling it as a W. If the team thinks the same way, we'll get beat.

vs OSU: L - loss, but a fun one.

@ Arizona: W - lol yes a win. Don't ask. ALL signs point the other way, but I've had a gut feeling on this game for 2 years.

@ UTEP: W - backup aggy QB doesn't overly concern me; we've faced some talented slingers. Will still be a tough-fought game in all facets.

vs Houston: L - I think this game and the UTEP game are both 50-50. I wrote an L here, but I'm calling at least one win between the two.

@ Marshall: L - Cato > UTEP QB. And Marshall in general is just more talented than us overall. I think Marshall is this year's San Jose State.

vs Rice: L - I would love to call a win here, except I think Rice is the real deal. Sounds funny to say.

vs UAB: W - only because it's @ home and homecoming. I don't think the score will be close, per se, but I would actually have this as a road loss.

@ Tulsa: L - IMO Tulsa may not even be the best team in the division for 2013, but they know how to win. This will be a long shot for us.

vs Tulane: W - I think Vegas will actually have us favored here. We'll see.

@ UNT: L - this or UAB is our WTF loss of the year. I believe we are legitimately better, but I think they may put us on our heels a bit. If so, our fans will rage.

vs La Tech: W - I think La Tech finishes ahead of us in the west, but we have their number. We can beat them. Kenneth Dixon is OP though.

6-6

read more: http://www.rowdytalk.com/showthread.php/3011-Official-2014-Win-Loss-Prediction-Thread

@ New Mexico: W - but by no means automatic. What concerns me is that we, as a fan base, want this one so much that we're all calling it as a W. If the team thinks the same way, we'll get beat.

vs OSU: L - loss, but a fun one.

@ Arizona: W - lol yes a win. Don't ask. ALL signs point the other way, but I've had a gut feeling on this game for 2 years.

@ UTEP: W - backup aggy QB doesn't overly concern me; we've faced some talented slingers. Will still be a tough-fought game in all facets.

vs Houston: L - I think this game and the UTEP game are both 50-50. I wrote an L here, but I'm calling at least one win between the two.

@ Marshall: L - Cato > UTEP QB. And Marshall in general is just more talented than us overall. I think Marshall is this year's San Jose State.

vs Rice: L - I would love to call a win here, except I think Rice is the real deal. Sounds funny to say.

vs UAB: W - only because it's @ home and homecoming. I don't think the score will be close, per se, but I would actually have this as a road loss.

@ Tulsa: L - IMO Tulsa may not even be the best team in the division for 2013, but they know how to win. This will be a long shot for us.

vs Tulane: W - I think Vegas will actually have us favored here. We'll see.

@ UNT: L - this or UAB is our WTF loss of the year. I believe we are legitimately better, but I think they may put us on our heels a bit. If so, our fans will rage.

vs La Tech: W - I think La Tech finishes ahead of us in the west, but we have their number. We can beat them. Kenneth Dixon is OP though.

6-6

read more: http://www.rowdytalk.com/showthread.php/3011-Official-2014-Win-Loss-Prediction-Thread

I don't see 2 wins on the schedule for them, and that is being as generous as I can possibly be. Tulane and New Mexico--that's it. I doubt they will win both of those, so I figure they will get 1 at best. That must be some serious drugs that poster is taking.

• Upvote 3

Also, it will be funny watching UH shred UTSA secondary.

My gods, that could get ugly very quickly. So long as the Coogs don't implode like they did against TxSt, they'll be fine.

As far as UTSA, I can count to 2 - UTEP (which could unbearably bad to watch this year, sadly, as we should all want our fellow non-SWC Texas team to do well when not playing us) and Tulane (Realy AAC? Really?).

It depends to an extent just how bad New Mexico intends to be this year.

• Upvote 2

I don't see 2 wins on the schedule for them, and that is being as generous as I can possibly be. Tulane and New Mexico--that's it. I doubt they will win both of those, so I figure they will get 1 at best. That must be some serious drugs that poster is taking.

:thumbsu:

You da' man, untjim1995. Finally.................we agree! LOL!

And....some of these UTSA people seem to have some chicken bones lodged inside a tad crooked up their..........Have An A$$ Day! :)

Looking at what Coach Mac has so quickly :shocking: (yes.....look how few he had on 'ships when he arrived); nevertheless, look what he's put together in his upcoming Year 3 hustling like a riverboat gambler to get more C-USA/NCAA FBS caliber players on this team. Phil Steele seems to agree, too, putting 7 Mean Greeners on his various C-USA all conference team projections for this Fall.

I think we beat this upstart school and could beat them badly. I think it's close for a quarter, maybe 2, but it will get out of hand in quarters 3 and 4.

Year 3 For Coach Mac? Coach Bill Snyder didn't go over .500 in career wins at Kansas State until his Year 6. (Thanks to one of our crack research and development guys for that key information on Coach Snyder). :)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

I am sure the Ball St and Rice folks feel the same about our win predictions against them as well.

But yes, we better beat UTSA's asses.

If we don't beat their asses and Coach Mac isn't fired within 24 hours, the mass exodus of the fans that are still trying to cling on to some kind of hope for football success at UNT will be quick and long-lasting, I'm afraid. A program in its third year of existence, playing its first full year of major college football against a very strong OOC schedule and a CUSA schedule, shouldn't be even close to beating anyone that has played football for more than a decade. If they do, its not really gonna make me feel like UTSA has already made it--I believe they will, though, in the years to come--but it will make me think that the team that loses to them needs to think long and hard on whether football is something they need to compete in at the FBS level.

• Upvote 2

Seriously? I think a certain school is getting a little to big for their britches already. REALLY hope we beat these clowns now.

Don't we all have some overzealous fans, especially on the internet?

Looking forward to the game in Denton, hoping the Roadrunners give y'all a run for your money.

:thumbsup:

• Upvote 8

Distantly related to topic: the traffic on this board appears to have been boosted exponentially since the CUSA move. We have opportunities like this to get some back and forth chatter with schools within state lines.

It's refreshing. I look forward to seeing what new posters might emerge.

::582 users online::

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

I think our fanbase - with the possible exception of UNT90 - wants to beat UTSA badly!!

UNT90 spent three years at Fouts telling me every game, "We're going to win today. You're gonna see a win."

Poor bastard, that experience HAS to have taken its toll! I never did see a win at Fouts as I fled the WKU game early after a little too much liquid courage.

Edited by oldguystudent

I really hope they go 0-12. I want us to beat them every year like Texas over Baylor, Tennessee over Vandy, USC over Cal. Cross state "rival" that isn't much of a rival because we pummel them every year.

I really hope we don't perform against UTSA the way UT has against Baylor recently.

And these UTSA clowns are hilarious. Can we get Samford over here to tell us how they're the better team too?

Yes...if we lose this game extreme emotions will hit Mean Green fan(s) in every direction. They'll have to chain off the Wing Sections highest point to keep some of our elect from jumping off and landing darn near Interstate 35-E so if the fall doesn't get them an 18 wheel Peterbilt most assuredly would ............. but still....

.......can we all try to put ourselves in the shoes of a Kansas State fan back in 1989 when the Wildcats would be playing a North Texas football team still 5 years away from regaining its NCAA D1-A status? Can we put ourselves in the shoes of a KSU Wildcat fan even 50 years prior to our game with them on September 28, 1989? North Texas never had a 50 year period of non-stop losing as KSU did.

This particular UNT/KSU game would be played in late September with a Wildcats football team which had only won 2 games the 3 previous seasons. Looking at their schedule the day the Mean Green came to Manhatten it was easy to see that if they didn't beat the Mean Green this day they could very well have their 3'rd "0" win season in 4 years so the stakes were very high on that Game Day in Kansas.

So one has to wonder how Kansas State fans felt that day, too. Some on this board took a train to that game and you know how all Mean Green fans felt especially in the games last minute TD drive which won Bill Snyder his first football game as KSU's head football coach. Had UNT won that game one has to wonder where fate and history would have taken Corky Nelson's football program, too. As it is, he was terminated at UNT after the next season, but left Denton as close to a .500 W/L record (48-52-1). than any Mean Green HFC since Fry.

So if our favorite college football team did lose to UTSA would it be the end of our college football world? Well, I think we all should look toward Manhatten, Kansas, to get our answer to that question. Just an opinion...

Yes, this one is still painful to watch...but it is what it is and the historical aspects of the last minute of this game would be important to one of the nice guys in the NCAA, ie, former Mean Green assistant coach, former Iowa assistant coach (along with Dan McCarney) and (still) Kansas State Wildcat HFC.......Bill Snyder.

Where is Cougar King when you need him?

This fan obviously know nothing about football. Staying healthy will be their biggest challenge. That's the sad fact about teams moving up divisions in college football.

Either way OSU is going to be anything but fun for this mouth breather.

• Upvote 1

If we don't beat their asses and Coach Mac isn't fired within 24 hours, the mass exodus of the fans that are still trying to cling on to some kind of hope for football success at UNT will be quick and long-lasting, I'm afraid. A program in its third year of existence, playing its first full year of major college football against a very strong OOC schedule and a CUSA schedule, shouldn't be even close to beating anyone that has played football for more than a decade. If they do, its not really gonna make me feel like UTSA has already made it--I believe they will, though, in the years to come--but it will make me think that the team that loses to them needs to think long and hard on whether football is something they need to compete in at the FBS level.

If we don't win this one, 100 years will be a good time to call it quits.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1