UTSA Fans predict C-USA wins and losses

Harry

I just write it off to them being new -- they haven't been in any football conference for any significant period of time so they don't really know how to act... you don't see other C-USA teams coming in here throwing criticism at us. I mean come on, we won 4 games last year. We're in the same conference now -- if anything we should be pulling for each other unless we are playing each other. What he will learn this season is playing against a tougher schedule takes a toll on the psyche of the team and the fanbase. If anything we should both be hopeful that all of the C-USA Texas schools fare well as that will only raise the interest level in our games against each other and help develop rivalries.

Hey correcamino, how about instead of lobbing grenades at your conference mates, be grateful for the fact that you were able to get into C-USA with other Texas teams. We were on an island in the Sun Belt and before that the Big West due to poor decisions and lack of funding and vision by our administration. Guilty as charged. Despite that and piss poor facilities we were able to win the Sun Belt conference for four consecutive years and go to four bowl games in the early 2000's. We then made a BAD hire and are still trying to rebuild from that. It happens. I will tell you this - I have been following North Texas football for a LONG time and we have never been better positioned in all facets (conference, facilities, coaching, etc). You can criticize us for our past but the optimism we have around here is about our future.

Are you not reading what your fans are saying? You act like I'm coming on here to trash NT without reason when I'm actually responding to your fanbase's elitist attitude.

If you want to be optimistic about your future that's fine, but like yall tell us you have to earn that respect. Maybe in 5 years you will be a superior program than UTSA's but as of today you aren't...and you have no reason to look down or chalk up automatic Ws against any team.

• Upvote 1

Are you not reading what your fans are saying? You act like I'm coming on here to trash NT without reason when I'm actually responding to your fanbase's elitist attitude.

If you want to be optimistic about your future that's fine, but like yall tell us you have to earn that respect. Maybe in 5 years you will be a superior program than UTSA's but as of today you aren't...and you have no reason to look down or chalk up automatic Ws against any team.

In what you posted that I put in bold, would you like to explain that?

We had injuries last year (as all do) but our best offensive weapon was out most of the season.

Still.....North Texas beat a bowl bound ULaLa on ESPN national TV on a weeknight at Apogee Stadium

And by the way, that same Rajun Cajun team won their bowl game last December.

We played an inside the Top 10 ranked Kansas State off their heels and they had to work hard to win that game. An upstart college football program in their 3'rd year of operations doesn't play Top 10 schools as close--not even the UCF's or USF upstart programs in their 3'rd year in business in the state of Florida as I recall.

Now if you want to do like a few Texas State fans do and play the "how many Rivals stars on a bunch of high school recruits" game...go ahead...make our day, but to put your school on an equal with North Texas in your 3'rd year of operations is about as naive as one can get. We applaud your crowds at the Alamodome and your close relations with the KFC franchise, but all our fans have to buy their tickets--even the ones in the Wing Zone end zone seats. Go figure... :zoro:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

For fun: I really think the most consistent indicator of success is returning experience in the lines...especially OL. We had the top OL in the country last year in terms of sacks allowed...and a darn good running game. Nearly all of that returns and we have IMO many more OL skins on the wall than UTSAs. Lucky (or unlucky, depending on the outcome) for them, this is played on the field and not on a spreadsheet.

As far as I'm concerned, they can have Johnny Football taking snaps for them but he can't score if he's not on the field.

This chart isn't accurate. Ritter won't be starting at de, at least at the beginning of the year, because he's the guy that likes to hit females in the face. That's right, I said females, plural! Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Apples and oranges.... Screw that. Apples and potatoes.

Actually, in French, potatoes are called "earth apples". Pommes et pommes de terre.

We celebrate our 100'th year of playing college football this Fall and UTSA is now (what) in their 3'rd? So why is this discussion even taking place?

That's part of what I was getting at with my previous post. It's not elitist or false entitlement to expect a win like this.

I think this is kinda backwards. If UTSA's development keeps pace with its first couple of years, I can see the Runners pulling a USF and advancing rapidly. But even with all of the potholes and speedbumps (and complete derailments) we've had over the years, I don't see how UTSA could be considered the program we need to catch up to yet. Has there even been a single win over an FBS team with a winning record yet? We may be all proven wrong if UTSA completely blows up in its first full year as an FBS team, but aside from some damn fine recruiting, the results just don't show any reason to assume a win here. You're right that our status is currently too unstable to consider anything an easy or automatic win either, but unless we see something different during the first few games of the season, all lines of reasoning would point to a moderate edge for North Texas in this game. And like I said, I think that 5 year period could change a lot, because with consistent growth and recruitment looking solid for UTSA, I can certainly expect that we may be the ones looking for an upset over you fairly soon.

Edited by JesseMartin
  • Upvote 2

Work and family commitments have prevented me from spending much time on GMG lately. So, now that I'm perusing the board, I have to admit I am quite surprised by the number of threads about UTSA on the board. It smells like someone is trying to create an instant rivalry. Now I do understand UTSA is (unfortunately) in the same conference as us, but they have a long, long way to go to earn my respect, as a BCS opponent, and even longer to be considered a legitimate rival. I think UTSA's inclusion in CUSA is a joke and if we lose to them this year or within the next five years, I will be completely and utterly embarrassed. Should that occur, that will be my last straw and I'll be officially done with this program. I expect to beat UTSA by no fewer than 35 points this season. Ironically, I've just contributed to the building of a rivalry, but it's nothing a few years of 50 point blowouts won't squash.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think this is kinda backwards. If UTSA's development keeps pace with its first couple of years, I can see the Runners pulling a USF and advancing rapidly. But even with all of the potholes and speedbumps (and complete derailments) we've had over the years, I don't see how UTSA could be considered the program we need to catch up to yet. Has there even been a single win over an FBS team with a winning record yet? We may be all proven wrong if UTSA completely blows up in its first full year as an FBS team, but aside from some damn fine recruiting, the results just don't show any reason to assume a win here. You're right that our status is currently too unstable to consider anything an easy or automatic win either, but unless we see something different during the first few games of the season, all lines of reasoning would point to a moderate edge for North Texas in this game. And like I said, I think that 5 year period could change a lot, because with consistent growth and recruitment looking solid for UTSA, I can certainly expect that we may be the ones looking for an upset over you fairly soon.

Did you watch the South Alabama game last season? They were a recent start-up and FBS transitional and they put up a good fight against you. UTSA beat them last season in Mobile btw.

I've said I give NT the slight edge for our game bc it's at Apogee so I'm not saying you guys are below us...I just don't agree with ridiculous statements (the post above me for example) some of your fans make. Despite the age difference I don't think the gap between the two teams is that big.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In what you posted that I put in bold, would you like to explain that?

We had injuries last year (as all do) but our best offensive weapon was out most of the season.

Still.....North Texas beat a bowl bound ULaLa on ESPN national TV on a weeknight at Apogee Stadium

And by the way, that same Rajun Cajun team won their bowl game last December.

We played an inside the Top 10 ranked Kansas State off their heels and they had to work hard to win that game. An upstart college football program in their 3'rd year of operations doesn't play Top 10 schools as close--not even the UCF's or USF upstart programs in their 3'rd year in business in the state of Florida as I recall.

Now if you want to do like a few Texas State fans do and play the "how many Rivals stars on a bunch of high school recruits" game...go ahead...make our day, but to put your school on an equal with North Texas in your 3'rd year of operations is about as naive as one can get. We applaud your crowds at the Alamodome and your close relations with the KFC franchise, but all our fans have to buy their tickets--even the ones in the Wing Zone end zone seats. Go figure... :zoro:

GMG!

You beat a solid ULL team, I'll give you that. But other than that your 2012 season is not very noteworthy. Same goes for most of your other seasons in recent years.

Our season is nothing special either since we played a weak schedule but that's my point...we're both likely bottom half teams in our division this season. There's no huge gap between us so why puff your chest out at UTSA as if there is ?

Edited by correcamino
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Did you watch the South Alabama game last season? They were a recent start-up and FBS transitional and they put up a good fight against you. UTSA beat them last season in Mobile btw.

I've said I give NT the slight edge for our game bc it's at Apogee so I'm not saying you guys are below us...I just don't agree with ridiculous statements (the post above me for example) some of your fans make. Despite the age difference I don't think the gap between the two teams is that big.

You are dilusional.

Actually, my phone doesn't. Because I'm actually at a Roughriders game tonight, not in my basement stalking a fan base that really couldn't give 2 craps about me.

But, whatever floats your boat.

Oh look on top of not knowing how to spell you also don't know what the definition of stalking is. I'm having discussions with your fanbase and getting plenty of replies...that's not stalking. Edited by correcamino
  • Upvote 1

Oh look on top of not knowing how to spell you also don't know what the definition of stalking is. I'm having discussions with your fanbase and getting plenty of replies...that's not stalking.

Am I on your fan site, whatever the hell that may be(if y'all even have one?) No. Why? Because I could care less about you until November, at which time I will care about you for exactly 7 days.

Don't leave mad, just leave.

Am I on your fan site, whatever the hell that may be(if y'all even have one?) No. Why? Because I could care less about you until November, at which time I will care about you for exactly 7 days.

Don't leave mad, just leave.

Plenty of your fans read our site, even quoted one of the posters and started a thread about it actually. Are they "stalkers" too or just me ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Plenty of your fans read our site, even quoted one of the posters and started a thread about it actually. Are they "stalkers" too or just me ?

No, he is the owner of this site, and trying to generate more hits for advertising purposes. That is what people who run businesses do. Surely you know that.

Wait. You went to UTSA...

Well, in business... Oh hell, nevermind.

• Upvote 1

No, he is the owner of this site, and trying to generate more hits for advertising purposes. That is what people who run businesses do. Surely you know that.

Wait. You went to UTSA...

Well, in business... Oh hell, nevermind.

What about the rest of your fans who have admitted to visiting our site, what's your excuse for them?

UTSA's business program is actually pretty good btw, but good try.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not the ' rest of UNT fans." Why don't you take it up with them?

It's funny, you are the only UTSA fan trooling us.

Then again, maybe you are the only UTSA fan?

"Pretty good" obviously doesn't cut it.

Edited by UNT90

It's funny, you are the only UTSA fan trooling us.

Then again, maybe you are the only UTSA fan?

He's not the only one. It's just that there's little substantive conversion to comment on. There's a lot of bickering back and forth about things that can't be proven yet. Mildly entertaining though.

Looking forward to making this game.

• Upvote 1

It's hilarious that you would take a shot at our fanbase when our attendance trumps yours. Haha.

We've got a deal working with Taco Bell that is going to make fried chicken go completely out of style

in the area of sports promotions. Then we have the Tums people who are going to work with us, too, in what will

be one heckuva' winning combination of a deal for all our fans. (The Porta' Potty folks have been talking to our AD, too,

just in case there is a dire need....know what I mean, Vern)?

Bring on those Road Runners!

GMG!

• Upvote 1

We've got a deal working with Taco Bell that is going to make fried chicken go completely out of style

in the area of sports promotions. Then we have the Tums people who are going to work with us, too, in what will

be one heckuva' winning combination of a deal for all our fans. (The Porta' Potty folks have been talking to our AD, too,

just in case there is a dire need....know what I mean, Vern)?

Bring on those Road Runners!

GMG!

The funny thing is that you can try and give away tickets and people still wouldnt go see the "ALMIGHTY MEAN GREEN".....

What about the rest of your fans who have admitted to visiting our site, what's your excuse for them?

UTSA's business program is actually pretty good btw, but good try.

UTSA is like the Cleveland Browns to our Pittsburgh Steelers. Yes it's true that they are "in the same league" but when they take the field anything less than a blowout is a travesty.

The funny thing is that you can try and give away tickets and people still wouldnt go see the "ALMIGHTY MEAN GREEN".....

Hear me when I say this, and take it to heart so it won't shock you, your "fanbase" will evaporate when you start getting a mudhole stomped in you and KFC grows tired of promoting boneless original recipe.

Your school and team are the punchline to the joke "You know you're failing when you fall behind or lose to..."